Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-01-2023, 08:50 PM   #1761
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
don't fire-extinguishers spray non-flamable foam? I'm at a loss how you would turn one into a smoke-screen.
There are several types. Since the ship houses live electrical equipment and hydrogen blocks, it should have the dry powder variety. Foam ones are not recommended for places with electronics or flammable gases such as hydrogen.

https://s33644.pcdn.co/wp-content/up...HERS-chart.jpg
Old 05-02-2023, 09:30 AM   #1762
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

ahh, I see. Ok, so is your plan to have someone else spraying the powder in front of you, or are you hoping to entice the foe into the cloud, or start by spraying your enemies, and then using your radiation fists?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 01:00 AM   #1763
Hide

Pacifica keeps up with the other units and advances towards the next location. She explains the strategy to her team, and waits so they open the next door, and fight using the smoke screen.

She orders the team to try forcing the door open (12) 11 before using the drills, but the results might be subject to its sturdiness… With the door open, the Dread-Stormer checks the field using her sense of perception (luck) 14 (5). She also passes her HT roll (13+8, including resistant advantage) 15 and gets ready to fight activating her displacement 14 (8).

OOC. Pacifica might take a certain position depending on the enemy distribution, I will define this once I receive GM feedback.
Old 05-22-2023, 10:12 AM   #1764
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Pacifica spots seven more waiting for her at the next door. But she knows exactly where they are.

Pacifica's resistance is to ingested drugs and poisons, not inhaled ones. She gets an unlucky glob of irritating extinguisher in her mouth early on. Even coughing, she's got Karate-15 and can see where she is while they are virtually blind and coughing as well. Go ahead and attack.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 05-23-2023, 08:45 PM   #1765
Hide

Quote:
Pacifica spots seven more waiting for her at the next door. But she knows exactly where they are.

Pacifica's resistance is to ingested drugs and poisons, not inhaled ones. She gets an unlucky glob of irritating extinguisher in her mouth early on. Even coughing, she's got Karate-15 and can see where she is while they are virtually blind and coughing as well. Go ahead and attack.
Got it, can you tell me what their weapons are, and if there are places to take cover in case of a slam, shooters or thrown items?

How many are they, and what are their positions/distance.
Old 05-24-2023, 09:52 AM   #1766
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Got it, can you tell me what their weapons are, and if there are places to take cover in case of a slam, shooters or thrown items?

How many are they, and what are their positions/distance.
  • As I said, there are seven opponents here.
  • They are armed with blunt heavy objects to swing and throw.
  • This is once again with the classic 10 foot by 10 foot square cells and grid of passages between them, though these ones are filled with water rather than hydrogen. The only place to take cover is corners.

Old 05-29-2023, 01:39 PM   #1767
Hide

Pacifica will take cover and wait for the enemies’ attacks; she’s wants to avoid being hit by thrown attacks as in the previous encounter. She also will wait until her allies open fire, to avoid being attacked by friendlies, given their lack of vision.
Old 05-30-2023, 11:06 AM   #1768
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Lets wait for the player bonuses before resolving fully...

But the NCO leading them has a skill of 12... success by 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well let's race to bypass the locking doors by heading down to Deck 20 and under the blockade of locking doors, then pop up underneath them.
Quote:
Deck 20 is almost pure gravity plates (the Purple). Its impassable except for the laser guns (Tan), and both of the ones in the fore of the ship are in enemy territory.... but then Hua is behind enemy territory.

She slips into the laser turret, crawls through the Massive Shield Generator coils taking up deck 21, and arrives on Deck 19 well within the defended area of the mob.... but at the bottom of the mob, far away from their objective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica will take cover and wait for the enemies’ attacks; she’s wants to avoid being hit by thrown attacks as in the previous encounter. She also will wait until her allies open fire, to avoid being attacked by friendlies, given their lack of vision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesOfZurich View Post
Daymar won't be leading from the front here, he'll position himself to have a good view of things but where he won't be too exposed to danger since he'll be an important part of mopping up, converting prisoners. If there is an officer better equipped to coordinating the attack, he will leave it to them, otherwise he will coordinate.
I don't think the PC's add any bonuses here. While the fight on the bottom of the ship makes slow progress, masses of crew making for the hyper drive core and defending it inflict heavy losses on each other in a brutal brawl (10% dreadstormer causalities, 10% loyalist causalities, +0 position). only fire superiority has kept the odds even.

How will Hua avoid getting jumped as she moves through the occupied section? What is her destination and goal?

Pacifica's opponents aren't streaming through the door this time, they're staying put behind the square water tanks and waiting for their enemies to round the corner.

Daymar is close to Zybo... please make another roll for him, and adjust any actions if you see fit.

Last edited by ericthered; 05-30-2023 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-30-2023, 11:16 AM   #1769
TGLS

Quote:
How will Hua avoid getting jumped as she moves through the occupied section? What is her destination and goal?
Didn't I blow the Spacer roll and Hua went climbing on the outside of the ship?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 11:36 AM   #1770
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Didn't I blow the Spacer roll and Hua went climbing on the outside of the ship?
Correct, and got there eventually, during the next section of combat.