Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-25-2021, 10:00 AM   #91
benz72

Default Re: Playing GURPS with the help of FoundryVTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose66 View Post
After that video was made, one of our users developed code to import the GCS equipment files into a compendium. If you open the Compendium tab (at the top right of Foundry), and then look all the way at the bottom of the tab, you will see the button "Import Equipment Library". This will read GCS's .eqp files and create Foundry Items for them. Then you can import those items into your game and drag them between characters. etc.
This looks AMAZINGLY useful. It appears not to accept GCA data files, which isn't be a problem, thought I did have a little trouble finding the .eqp file in GCS.

Thank you to whoever made that in addition to my normal effusive thanks to you for developing the framework.
Old 10-25-2021, 01:55 PM   #92
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz72 View Post
thought I did have a little trouble finding the .eqp file in GCS.
As I'm normally a GCA person not GCA, any hints would be welcome here :-).
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 05:03 PM   #93
Nose66

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrkat View Post
Has enhanced move been added to the flight move? If so is there a way to add it?
No, it has not. Please open an issue on our issues page so we can keep track of it, and possibly implement it one day. https://github.com/crnormand/gurps/issues
Nose66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 08:32 AM   #94
mehrkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose66 View Post
No, it has not. Please open an issue on our issues page so we can keep track of it, and possibly implement it one day. https://github.com/crnormand/gurps/issues
I created a work request to have enhanced move to be included on the move chart both flight and base move as appropriate. Maybe just a check box of where to put it. (though maybe I should update that since I just thought of hte check box)
Old 10-31-2021, 04:59 AM   #95
Farmer

Can anyone point me in the direction of how to modify/customise GGA character sheets?

Once of the issues we're finding is that the location of the skill OtF buttons is often quite a ways from the name of the skill/item/etc (we like the Tabbed sheet for the utility of it) and trying to follow the line across to get the right one sometimes results in misses, so we'd like to reposition the skill buttons to the left of the skill name since they are fixed width columns whereas the skill names are oobviously longer/variable.
Old 10-31-2021, 04:13 PM   #96
nick_coffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
Can anyone point me in the direction of how to modify/customise GGA character sheets?

Once of the issues we're finding is that the location of the skill OtF buttons is often quite a ways from the name of the skill/item/etc (we like the Tabbed sheet for the utility of it) and trying to follow the line across to get the right one sometimes results in misses, so we'd like to reposition the skill buttons to the left of the skill name since they are fixed width columns whereas the skill names are oobviously longer/variable.
End-user customization of the character sheets is not supported. If you want to do some programming, the skill table is defined in file:

Code:
templates/actor/sections/skills.hbs
It would be a simple matter of moving the 'sl' (skill level) column and matching header to the position you want in the grid.

A useful feature request might be to allow clicking the skill name to roll the skill. If you want something like that, please open a GitHub issue (https://github.com/crnormand/gurps/issues).
nick_coffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 05:45 PM   #97
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_coffin View Post
End-user customization of the character sheets is not supported. If you want to do some programming, the skill table is defined in file:

Code:
templates/actor/sections/skills.hbs
It would be a simple matter of moving the 'sl' (skill level) column and matching header to the position you want in the grid.

A useful feature request might be to allow clicking the skill name to roll the skill. If you want something like that, please open a GitHub issue (https://github.com/crnormand/gurps/issues).
As always, great support and thank you :-)

We actually thought about clicking the name to roll - not sure how that works for things with multiple possible rolls (like attack/parry/etc) but could be worked out.

One of our group is a professional coder, so I wasn't shy of asking him to help out. I'll point in the right direction for that, but I think I'll also add another feature request (I feel bad for asking for lots of things all the time because you're doing so much already!).
Old 11-11-2021, 07:43 AM   #98
Nose66

Release 0.12.0 is now available. The features video: https://youtu.be/nx_t2455-vA
Nose66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 03:40 PM   #99
mehrkat

General foundry question (I'll try not to do this here to often).

I'm setting up my game and having a devil of a time getting global illumination to work.

It says there is a simple check box on the configuration menu for the scene but there is no such check box. Was that moved in one of the updates.

I want to use some walls but can't unless I turn on token vision and if I turn that on I need global illumination. I've got to be missing something but I can't figure it out.
Old 11-19-2021, 03:57 PM   #100
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrkat View Post
I'm setting up my game and having a devil of a time getting global illumination to work.

It says there is a simple check box on the configuration menu for the scene but there is no such check box. Was that moved in one of the updates.

I want to use some walls but can't unless I turn on token vision and if I turn that on I need global illumination. I've got to be missing something but I can't figure it out.
I think the best explanation is from the Foundry Article:

https://foundryvtt.com/article/lighting/

Light Type

This setting controls whether the Light Source is Local, Global or Universal. Local Lights adhere to vision restrictions and are blocked by walls, Global Lights provide vision of a location without adhering to vision restrictions (but are still blocked by walls), and Universal Lights are always visible regardless of vision or walls.

So if you want walls to block vision but you just want a single, simple light to illuminate everything the same (rather than various local lights positioned to light things differently in different areas), then use a Universal Light in the corner, set it with a large radius that covers the whole scene, and away you go. Token Vision on and happy days. Can't see or move through walls, but everywhere will be lit.

If you want to be more granular and specific, then use Local Lights. I almost never use Global Lights (basically in one particular scene where I was playing around with restriction vision wanted some cool lighting effects at a certain point).

I hope that's helpful but if not, please explain a little further what you're wanting to do and I'm sure someone will be able to assist :-).