Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-19-2024, 08:00 AM   #291
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa

If you want to hang out in a tavern and wait for fate, that's doable.

If you want to start building a rebellion with an alternate government system, you can do that as well.

If you want to head back to Corco, that's an option.

If you want to keep trying for Bel, go right ahead.

I will confess I'm trying out an experimental format here. If its not working, let me know.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 01-19-2024 at 08:41 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 09:00 AM   #292
the_matrix_walker

It's really not working for me, I've been very frustrated on this one.

We did not have a clear mission and we decided to come and let fate lead us, but it really hasn't (or maybe I'm missing the point and it HAS and we're about to step into fulfilling the destiny, but there is no seeing it until after it's done... so... Frustrating.)

It is 250 posts later and I don't feel like there's any indication of if we're on the right path.

Maybe frustration is the feature and not a bug here, because it is about Prophecy. I may just be looking at it wrong. When do prophecies ever make people happy?

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 01-19-2024 at 10:40 AM.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 12:56 PM   #293
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

TGLS?

I'm currently thinking over a couple of different new scenarios to run. Corco pulling you out of this isn't that hard to arrange. And I can come back to this after time has passed, which will be interesting.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 01:39 PM   #294
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
TGLS?

I'm currently thinking over a couple of different new scenarios to run. Corco pulling you out of this isn't that hard to arrange. And I can come back to this after time has passed, which will be interesting.
I would rather not leave if it means we'd have to come back. Let's just finish taking our medicine and wait for whatever we're waiting for to happen.
Old 01-22-2024, 03:41 PM   #295
TGLS

Quote:
TGLS?
Sorry, I couldn't come up with a response and then forgot it.
Quote:
I mean, I'm fine meandering around, but after Yi vanished it seems like things have seem to have gone off the rails. Like here, right now we're stuck on: "Is contacting the local elites a good idea, or not?" Someone with some idea of the local conditions could give a pretty straightforward answer. Like, it could be either, yes or no, but plowing right into one or the other seems very hazardous.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 07:47 PM   #296
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
I think its more Greek Mythology or 1700's divine wrath. Biblical is more like the falling objects curse. Unless you count "fire from heaven".

Yes, witches can remove other witches curse... if they're strong enough. Swearing by the curse makes it particuarly difficult to remove. Its basically a quick contest with a bunch of modifiers for time spent, if the person swore by the curse, and so forth. You can get a bonus for picking a weak curse (may birds poop on your head!) or a shorter duration (one year is +2, one week is +6). The caster gets a basic +4 to the contest. The Villa can clean anything up in a day or so... at least for other worlds.
Should we just go back to the Villa and get a fate-scrub so we can fight this guy if we need to?
Old 03-04-2024, 09:15 PM   #297
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Should we just go back to the Villa and get a fate-scrub so we can fight this guy if we need to?
Maybe? I'm a bit of a fan at letting it ride and seeing what happens. We could just go confront him without attacking at first and leave him to deal with the consequences of breaking the oath.
Old 03-08-2024, 02:02 PM   #298
TGLS

Sigh

Wish I was a little quicker here. Could have gone with, "No, but it looks like you're the guy who killed our friend."
Old 03-08-2024, 02:43 PM   #299
the_matrix_walker

You still can... Go ahead.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:36 AM   #300
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Yi: "That's my little secret. But as a hint to a real shape-changer, Its not merely the skin that I leave behind."
Well, If he's shed his fate, we have no business with him.

What now?