Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-22-2022, 05:23 PM   #251
aurebesh

Default Re: Meta: LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

im looking for people to play in a 350 point arma antistasi gurps game. newbie gm, so be gentle with me

tl8. normal wealth. your objective is to set up a resistance movement in the satellite state of zemlogord
aurebesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 05:03 AM   #252
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurebesh View Post
im looking for people to play in a 350 point arma antistasi gurps game. newbie gm, so be gentle with me

tl8. normal wealth. your objective is to set up a resistance movement in the satellite state of zemlogord
Are you starting a thread, or are you going for PMs expressing interest first?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 03:20 AM   #253
aurebesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Are you starting a thread, or are you going for PMs expressing interest first?
how does one set up a game here? im new
aurebesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 09:40 AM   #254
SID

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurebesh View Post
how does one set up a game here? im new
First, read these rules.

Then, you could tell us a bit about your campaign, the world or its context and what will the "main mission" be. You may also list the books we’ve got to employ for character making, the budget (you said it is 350 CP) and some basic creation guidelines (such as things we must have or things we must avoid).

Some players are concerned about the campaign's estimated launch date, the frequency you expect players to post in your game, the way you recharge time-based advantages such as luck and the website proposed to let the players roll their dice (in my case, players recommended rolz because it keeps your information private).
Old 10-18-2022, 02:27 PM   #255
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Warriors of Haunden is now recruiting!

Warriors of Haunden is a 175 point game using just the basic set about warriors defending their small community from hostile and mystic forces.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-26-2024, 04:00 PM   #256
zoncxs

Thinking of starting a battle arena game. I would use several pyramid articles and option rules along with a few house rules. Most notably:

Pyramid 3/44 The Last Gasp
Pyramid 3/120 Conditional Injury

PM me if interested. If I get enough I may open a thread.
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 11:40 AM   #257
Michael Thayne

Contemplating doing a forum quest-style Dungeon Fantasy game. For those not familiar with forum quests, here is the TVTropes description:
As in tabletop roleplaying, the protagonists are controlled by the players and the rest of the world is controlled by the Quest Master, but in a Quest there is usually only a single protagonist, with every player calling out potential actions. A "player" in this sense is simply anyone who visits the thread that the Quest is taking place in, with the playerbase as a whole collectively deciding the actions of their shared character. The QM has the liberty of interpreting these commands as they wish, whether they take the one with the most votes, combine every non-conflicting input, or use the one that they feel would best serve the story.
I have a write-up for an Innkeeper PC (Dungeon Fantasy 10: Taverns) that I think could work well for this, among other things having enough silver to hire at least one henchperson (using the rules in Dungeon Fantasy 15) from the get-go.

Is this something people would be interested in? And conditional on people being interested, where's the best place to run something like this? I believe on these forums, polls can only be included in the OP, whereas forums like Royal Road and Space Battles have better support for forum quests. OTOH running it here makes it easier for GURPS enthusiasts to stumble upon the thread, and there've been successful "vote up an X" threads here that have run a series of polls by just having people post which option(s) they prefer.

What do people think?
Old 05-30-2024, 11:47 AM   #258
Kalzazz

Certainly sounds worth taking a shot here
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 12:30 PM   #259
Inky

Is anyone currently looking for players? It looks like, people stopped doing the 'delete if you're no longer looking for players' thing a long time ago, so it's difficult to tell which if any of the posts listed are current, and I might be interested in joining something if anyone's running anything.
Old 07-06-2024, 08:45 PM   #260
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Is anyone currently looking for players? It looks like, people stopped doing the 'delete if you're no longer looking for players' thing a long time ago, so it's difficult to tell which if any of the posts listed are current, and I might be interested in joining something if anyone's running anything.
So all the current games are mine. They're basically all open, more or less:
  • Lost in Dreams is always recruiting. That's a solo campaign with a shared format. Fairly low investment, post when you have time. Its basically a portal fantasy campaign where you wake up in fantastic worlds without shirt or pants but with the ability to cast and sense magic and other supernatural phenomenon.
  • Warriors of Haunden is currently down to two players and we are at a good point to pick up another character (though I'd need to update the character creation rules just a smidge, because the character would come from the people initially set up as the enemy). Warriors of Haunden is a TL2 Swords and sorcery game set in totally not iron age Europe using only the basic set* where only the bad guys get magic. Currently they lost a fight with the main enemy force, and the archer is holed up with her historic enemies the sorcerers are planning to attack while the wise woman has made herself the sorcerers' servant and is trying to arrange a prison break or something before the mass human sacrifice.
  • Corco's Villa has space for another player. Its basically a variant ISWAT game without the infinity unlimited background. Current characters are a cyberpunk bioroid with shapeshifting and eight limbs and a shapeshifting Kung-Fu dragon. Really high power level. That game would take you a little longer to get in than the other two, but a slot is available. Oh, and it probably will take longer to build a character.
So that's were they all stand. They're all recruiting!