Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
Territan

Default Hooking New Players at the FLGS?

TL;DR: Does anyone have any advice or resources for someone thinking of running a GURPS demo for local players?

-----OH-JUST-PRETEND-I-INSERTED-A-HORIZONTAL-RULE-TAG-HERE-----

For a while, the Friendly Local Game Store carried GURPS Horror. By itself. With none of the other GURPS books. The reasoning behind this was really rather simple: Because Ken Hite and Horror. But this seemed weird to me.

Something questionably wonderful happened recently: They got more of the books in. They have copies of the Basics, and Fantasy and one or two others. I say "questionably" wonderful because the only people I know of who play GURPS in that store are myself and one of my friends, and we both already have those books.

Ideally, I want to cultivate more players in the area. That means introducing people to the system. That means, most likely, running a demo.

Has anyone done this before? Does SJG have a demo pack for this purpose? Are there any prepared scenarios for this sort of thing, or guidelines for writing such a scenario? And if they do, who should I contact at SJG to get my grubby little mitts on those resources?
Territan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurps recruitment, gurps revival