Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-17-2007, 02:27 AM   #421
Icelander

Default Re: So, how great is Kromm anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai
How do you glare at the snow without seeing it? ;)
Easy.

I glare, snow hides in fear, I don't see any snow. ;)
Old 01-17-2007, 08:26 PM   #422
Christopher R. Rice

Glaring Snow Glares?

Say that three times fast.

I heard in the Vietnam war Kromm had more confirmed kills then Half-cock...but he didn't use a gun...

Ghostdancer

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:58 PM   #423
Christopher R. Rice

six and a half!

Ghostdancer

Terror Tot

Become a Patron!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:15 AM   #424
Anders

I declare July 27th to be a holy day for KROMMites, since that is the day when KROMM was sent to Earth to proclaim his message of peace, love and death to rules lawyers. I also declare that the day is especially holy this year since a) this is the first year that it is properly celebrated, since this is the first time we've had a church of KROMM, and b) since it was 40 years ago that KROMM manifested in the flesh.

Hail KROMM!
Old 01-18-2007, 02:38 AM   #425
Anders

Should we send him a bottle of Armagnac? And how do we do that?

Edit: What is even more spooky is that Steve Jackson apparently wasn't born. At least not on any day of the Earthly year...
Old 01-18-2007, 02:43 AM   #426
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agemegos
Then it appears that KROMM's incarnation on Earth shares a birthday with Ludovico Sforza, Johann Bernoulli, and Alexandre Dumas fils, as is only fitting.

Note, too, that KROMM's evil antithesis, Gary Gygax, was born in a mockery of the Incarnation on exactly the same day, 29 years early. 29 is a significant figure, being the age at which the Boddhisatva Gautama (as he was then) abandoned the worldy life and started on the fateful course that made him a universal liberator and avatar of KROMM.

Coincidence? I think not!

Hail KROMM!
So the number 29 has significance...that also translates to 11 in errr numerology..which is a good thing. Gygax can burn in hell I got to meet that guy once and he almost made me quiet the hobby. He gets *off* on slautering peoples characters.

Not like our Kromm who just likes to zombify, animate from the dead, and push in front of slow moving octogenarians on walkers. HAIL the Kromm, for without him we perish!

Ghostdancer

Become a Patron!
Old 01-18-2007, 03:39 AM   #427
Anders

The way I see it, the Church of KROMM has three major advantages over other religions.

1) KROMM has given us rules for how to act, not only in this life but in other lives as well. You will search in vain for rules on handling blaster pistols or psionics in books such as the Bible or the Koran.

2) KROMM is also willing to discuss these rules with us on this forum. Again, this is something I have never seen Jesus, IHVH, Buddha or Muhammad do. They don't even have a homepage.

3) Not only that, but there's an official form for reporting errata. Now, we know of course that KROMM is without fault, so the errors must be deliberately placed there to teach us alertness and sharpen our reading skills. I've looked for an errata form at the Catholic church but they don't have one. Very sloppy.

Hail KROMM!
Old 01-18-2007, 04:15 AM   #428
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask
Should we send him a bottle of Armagnac? And how do we do that?
Brilliant idea.

I say that we ask someone at W23 to open a special page for KROMM's birthday, where the faithful can deposit a small sum, say.. $10 each and the proceeds are to be spent on a bottle of Armagnac, as old as possible, depending on how many participate.

Should we ask? It does no harm.

Quote:
Edit: What is even more spooky is that Steve Jackson apparently wasn't born. At least not on any day of the Earthly year...
Not born... but gamed into existence! ;)
Old 01-18-2007, 04:19 AM   #429
Anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander
Brilliant idea.

I say that we ask someone at W23 to open a special page for KROMM's birthday, where the faithful can deposit a small sum, say.. $10 each and the proceeds are to be spent on a bottle of Armagnac, as old as possible, depending on how many participate.

Should we ask? It does no harm.
Shadlyn or Kimbo? And shouldn't it be e23?

Or perhaps we should ask the faithful to simply donate 10% of what they earned? :)

Edit: According to Wikipedia, SJ's earthly form was born in or about 1952, so he would become 55-ish this year. Perhaps he wants Lego?

Last edited by Anders; 01-18-2007 at 04:38 AM.
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:52 AM   #430
Icelander

Quote:
Shadlyn or Kimbo? And shouldn't it be e23?

Or perhaps we should ask the faithful to simply donate 10% of what they earned? :)

Edit: According to Wikipedia, SJ's earthly form was born in or about 1952, so he would become 55-ish this year. Perhaps he wants Lego?
e23 would work. I don't know, doesn't Warehouse 23 also sell SJ Games gaming material? Never gotten the hang of the difference.

Will you ask Shadlyn or Kimbo or should I? Should we send a signed petition?

I don't like the 10% of the income idea. Apparently, the Icelandic government requires almost 40% of mine and I need the rest to live on.

SJ doesn't need us to give him things, does he? I'll just buy something from SJ Games that I'd never use, he can use the money. ;)

Tags
kromm