Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-31-2009, 04:19 PM   #1
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Meta: LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

I was going to title that "looking for group," but it's sort of the other way around.

This thread is for Game Masters to use, posting when their games are actively seeking new players, and deleting or editing their posts when their games are not seeking new players.

I also encourage GMs to edit their first post in an OOC thread for their game, to reflect if they are or are not interested in new players currently.

If the thread gets too cumbersome for some reason, I reserve the right to prune it without mercy. Rar.

EDIT 1/12/11: This thread is for Looking For Players for online play on the SJGames forums. If you are looking for players on another forum... Please go make a post at the Gamer Finder section of the forums. Thanks.

--Beth

Last edited by Archangel Beth; 01-12-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Archangel Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: Meta: LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

Edited

In Nomine: The Mile Higher Club is only accepting returning player characters at this time i.e. characters who dropped since the beginning of the game and wish to return. Original players of course are preferred, but you may pick up someone else's character with their explicit permission i.e. a note on the OOC board.

Exceptions are possible but you'd better have a helluva story.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 06-21-2010 at 07:40 PM. Reason: change in situation
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #3
shawnhcorey

Cancelled due to lack of interest.

The Adventures of Captain Proton is looking for players. There are 7 characters still available at this writing, including Captain Proton. Sign up on the OOC thread.

Last edited by shawnhcorey; 01-10-2010 at 11:37 AM.
shawnhcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
shawnhcorey

The roster for "You Meet In A Tavern" is full. We are not looking for new players.

Last edited by shawnhcorey; 02-03-2010 at 05:14 PM.
shawnhcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #5
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

*gentle poke* The roster for what? Please put the title of the game in question into your post, and make sure that you only edit your post -- adding new comments to say when you are or aren't seeking players... defeats the purpose of this thread. O:>
Old 02-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #6
Cyratos

Skies of Steam roster is full. We are not looking for any more players.

Last edited by Cyratos; 02-07-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Cyratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
selenite

Keeping in the Black

This GURPS Firefly campaign has a full crew. If you're interested in buying a passenger ticket or shipping some freight please post in the OOC thread.

Last edited by selenite; 03-04-2010 at 04:06 PM.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:17 AM   #8
robertbogdon

Gurps: Bellerophon

I'm starting a play-by-email(ish) group. I plan to handle most of the communication through email and a Google Group, with maybe a few group chat sessions thrown in at times or the use of a VTT like MapTool. Both myself and the few members I currently have are all new to GURPS, so keep that in mind. I've included a description of the campaign background below.

This scenario takes place in the relatively near future, no more than about 25 years from now. Scientists have recorded a steady increase in solar brightness over a period of several years. Within 50 years, the Earth will be uninhabitable if the brightness continues to increase. In very rapid succession a number of theoretical technologies are validated and a series of ships are rushed into production and launched as quickly as possible.

The Bellerophon crew has managed to survive their first day more or less intact. With the ship in relatively good shape, they've set a course for Ceti Alpha II. The first data should be coming back from their sensor probe in two months, and their deceleration will start two weeks after that. What will they find once they arrive, and will they manage to survive on this new world?

http://groups.google.com/group/tdcgurps.

Last edited by robertbogdon; 04-17-2010 at 09:47 PM. Reason: adding link to group, updated with current status
robertbogdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:06 PM   #9
tHEhERETIC

In Nomine: the Devil's Dictionary is looking for new players. As long as you can follow the rules you can jump right in. If you have any questions about whether your character is appropriate, run them by me.

Characters interact by scholarly journals and memos only, so be prepared to write in the first-person. No declared actions, no powers, so human/celestial or choir/Superior should be irrelevant.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #10
Slavemaster

Want to be a Megalan baron?

I have been working on rules for managing i fief or dominion in a feudal and/or fantasy setting, which I need to playtest - there is nothing like a player to find the exploitable bugs in the system;) The rules are still developing, but should be playable. I need two players who will take up the roles of barons in two neighbouring baronies in southern Megalos, not far from the Wazifi border... There are room for other players, if they are willing to take a back seat and accept advisory positions (such as a castle mage, chaplain, one of the knights in the barony, or the immediate family of the baron).

Setting: GURPS Banestorm (4e)
The game will start in the summer of 1988. It will be fast-paced (I hope), consisting mainly of the barons making plans to administrate their fief, and reacting to unexpected happenings. However, I intend for some parts to be roleplayed - such as interactions with other nobles, possible assassination attempts and, if we get far enough ahead, involvement in the border war with Al-Wazif. The barons will have the opportunity to raise or lower taxes, exploit resources, hire or fire retinue and soldiers, influence other nobles and the clergy, building improvements on their land... You name it.

Characters:
Two barons, built on 250 points. Required qualifications are Status 4 (no more, no less), wealth level at least Wealthy, Savoir-Faire 14+ and Administration 12+. Other than that, you can basically build the barons in whatever way you like; they can be ruthless oppressors or benevolent idealists.
If other characters join in as advisors or part of the retinue, they will be built on 150pt.

If this sounds interesting, send me a PM. You are allowed to come up with your own name of the barony, since it will be used as a form of adress for your characters.
Slavemaster is offline   Reply With Quote