Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-19-2022, 02:36 PM   #11
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: Warriors of Haunden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Character Creation:
Characters will be built on 175 points, with a disadvantage limit of -30, ignoring negative attributes.
A couple more questions.

1) As Fatigue, Hit Points, Perception, Will, etc. are based on attributes, would a negative on those be included in the "ignoring negative attributes" exception (i.e. Will -2 wouldn't count toward the -30 pt. limit)?

2) Is up to -5 Quirks allowed in addition to the disadvantage limit of -30 pts. (i.e. would it be OK to have -30 pts. in Disadvantages and -5 pts. in Quirks)?

Last edited by Alden Loveshade; 10-19-2022 at 03:05 PM. Reason: more examples
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 08:11 AM   #12
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
A couple more questions.

1) As Fatigue, Hit Points, Perception, Will, etc. are based on attributes, would a negative on those be included in the "ignoring negative attributes" exception (i.e. Will -2 wouldn't count toward the -30 pt. limit)?

2) Is up to -5 Quirks allowed in addition to the disadvantage limit of -30 pts. (i.e. would it be OK to have -30 pts. in Disadvantages and -5 pts. in Quirks)?
Good questions.

Yes, secondary attributes count as attributes and thus ignore the disadvantage limit.

Yes, up to -5 quirks are allowed in addition to the disadvantage limit.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 08:54 AM   #13
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Hey, How is everyone's character creation coming? Mentioning your ideas where others can see them helps make a good party. What weapons are you focusing on? what are your supplemental skills? Can I help with anything?

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 10-21-2022, 09:08 AM   #14
Kalzazz

I was vaguely thinking like a Cataphract or something
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 11:27 AM   #15
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
Hey, How is everyone's character creation coming? Mentioning your ideas where others can see them helps make a good party. What weapons are you focusing on? what are your supplemental skills? Can I help with anything?
Ironically enough, I was thinking about asking you if it would be helpful for us to post what we had in mind. I guess so!

As of right now (I'm still tweaking the character and thus this post), Anoras is my PC-in-progress. Anoras is an expert Naturalist, good at Climbing and First Aid and Survival and Tactics and Hidden Lore (Sorcery), good with a (TL 2) Broadsword and Shield, so-so in Swimming and pretty good in Tracking (can swim fine for an amateur, but won't be winning a swimming competition). The PC has traveled a lot (Area Knowledge), knows all the listed languages at a decent communication level (Accented or Native), and has an understanding of Venasir culture (i.e. Cultural Familiarity).

To clarify, the above are ideas I'm working on for my proposed character. I fully understand and support this statement in GURPS Basic, pg. 32: "As with all things, the GM’s word is final."

Last edited by Alden Loveshade; 11-14-2022 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Updating character description
Old 10-24-2022, 09:15 AM   #16
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Belisar, how is your character coming along? I'm happy to help with character creation if needed.

Old 10-26-2022, 03:22 PM   #17
Belisar

Quote:
Belisar, how is your character coming along? I'm happy to help with character creation if needed.
Sorry for Not replying earlier, using a tablet at the moment. Used GCS to create one but my Notebook had a hardware defect. I shipped it to the manufacturer, lucky me I still had 2 weeks of warranty on the NB.^^
They told me it takes about one week till it‘s repaired. I hope to join as soon as possible.
Belisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 09:38 AM   #18
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belisar View Post
Sorry for Not replying earlier, using a tablet at the moment. Used GCS to create one but my Notebook had a hardware defect. I shipped it to the manufacturer, lucky me I still had 2 weeks of warranty on the NB.^^
They told me it takes about one week till it‘s repaired. I hope to join as soon as possible.
Ok, so that means I get most of a character in a week? awesome!

Old 10-27-2022, 12:55 PM   #19
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belisar View Post
Used GCS to create one but my Notebook had a hardware defect.
I'm sorry you're having problems. I hope everything gets worked out for you soon!

Quote:
Ok, so that means I get most of a character in a week? awesome!
My PC is done in GURPS Character Assistant 4. I still might tweak it just a bit before I send it your way and then see what tweaks you might want me to make. Would you like it sent in GCA4, as a pdf file, or in some other form (and do you want it emailed to you)?
Old 10-28-2022, 07:38 AM   #20
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post

My PC is done in GURPS Character Assistant 4. I still might tweak it just a bit before I send it your way and then see what tweaks you might want me to make. Would you like it sent in GCA4, as a pdf file, or in some other form (and do you want it emailed to you)?
As a pdf file please, or as text in a post. If you can find a way to link to the pdf from a post, that would be the most ideal: I like to link the character sheets in the first post of the IC thread or in the character creation post of the OOC thread (this one). It helps me find them when I need them.