Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-18-2022, 02:17 PM   #1
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Warriors of Haunden

Warriors of Haunden

Haunden is a small but proud community set deep in an iron age forest. Life in Haunden is dangerous: Two generations ago the Venasir and their hated sorcerers swept through the land, driving your people off the best land into the forests and hills that once belonged to the Yorikup, sending vicious monsters into the woods after you, and then falling into vicious and destructive infighting, leaving the dangerous results of their conflicts everywhere.

Warriors of Haunden is a simple fantasy game about iron age warriors in a land with mystic hostile forces defending their people. Characters will be those that Haunden can send off to deal with a threat. They should be prepared to face foes mortal and monstrous, survive in the wilderness, unravel a spell or two, and convince strangers to give at least a modicum of help.

Warriors of Haunden will be a one-shot, focusing on a single crisis.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 02:18 PM   #2
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Warriors of Haunden

Character Creation:

Characters will be built on 175 points, with a disadvantage limit of -30, ignoring negative attributes. No exotic or supernatural traits.

The TL is 2. Languages are Huanden, Venasir, and Yorikup. Only Venasir has a written form. The local terrain is woodlands, plains, and swampland. There is lots of water in the terrain, and a dramatic excess of cliffs.

Knowledge of magic is represented by the skill Hidden Lore (Sorcery). This lets a character analyze spells, giving information about what might have caused them, potential loopholes, and techniques for breaking them.

Warriors of Haunden is intentionally a simple game, focusing on the fundamentals of GURPS. This does not mean that we will be downplaying rules, but rather that we will be focusing on the rules found in the basic set: the game is intentionally friendly to those new to the game. We will be playing according to the rules in the basic set!

If you are interested in playing, please announce your intention in this thread and start working on your character.

Characters:

Anoras
Thad
Fenian the Fox
Cassandra

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 12-06-2023 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-18-2022, 02:21 PM   #3
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Useful Links

nothing yet, but it could happen!

Old 10-18-2022, 03:17 PM   #4
Belisar

Harrir rests his chin on the knuckles of his hand in a contemplative pose while gazing at the cracking fireplace. Dreaming of the heroic deeds in the past the elders used to tell the children of, bigger than life warriors braving the onslaught of the vicious Venasir in mighty clashes...

(will try to create a char as soon as possible!)
Belisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 03:44 PM   #5
Kalzazz

Possibly interested!
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 10:56 AM   #6
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Character Creation:
The TL is 2. Languages are Huanden, Venasir, and Yorikup. Only Venasir has a written form.
Which of those languages is necessary to have, i.e., which would be the PCs' native language (I'm guessing Huanden), and how important would the others likely be?

Do you intend to do the game online by voice/Zoom/text/etc.?

Another question--what time zone would you be playing by? (We had an online game where one player got up early in the morning while another player stayed up late--on the previous day).

Last edited by Alden Loveshade; 10-19-2022 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Added time zone
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 12:06 PM   #7
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
Which of those languages is necessary to have, i.e., which would be the PCs' native language (I'm guessing Huanden), and how important would the others likely be?

Do you intend to do the game online by voice/Zoom/text/etc.?

Another question--what time zone would you be playing by? (We had an online game where one player got up early in the morning while another player stayed up late--on the previous day).
The players native language is Haunden, which is the only necessary language. Each other language will have at least one opportunity to be used.

This is a play be post game. We will play here, in this forum, posting messages. See the other threads in the forum, especially ones with [IC] in their name. For dice I'm looking at dicelog.com, or rolz.org.

Old 10-19-2022, 12:39 PM   #8
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
The players native language is Haunden, which is the only necessary language. Each other language will have at least one opportunity to be used.

This is a play be post game. We will play here, in this forum, posting messages. See the other threads in the forum, especially ones with [IC] in their name. For dice I'm looking at dicelog.com, or rolz.org.
Thanks. I admit I saw the message posted in a GURPS thread and clicked the link here without really checking to see exactly where I was or how this worked. I haven't done "play by post" since the early days of the Internet. I think I'd be interested. I do want to send you a question by private message, though, if that's OK.
Old 10-19-2022, 12:55 PM   #9
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
Thanks. I admit I saw the message posted in a GURPS thread and clicked the link here without really checking to see exactly where I was or how this worked. I haven't done "play by post" since the early days of the Internet. I think I'd be interested. I do want to send you a question by private message, though, if that's OK.
I'd be happy to have you. Go ahead and send your PM.

Old 10-19-2022, 01:24 PM   #10
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
I'd be happy to have you. Go ahead and send your PM.
The PM has been sent.