Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-15-2022, 08:49 AM   #41
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Its just a bit of momentary traffic...Julian is able to get back to sleep soon enough, even if being woken was annoying.

How will he determine that he's done sleeping?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 08:59 AM   #42
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
How will he determine that he's done sleeping?
Hm... Being very hungry, not being tired, maybe traffic heading in the opposite direction?
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 09:47 AM   #43
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Hm... Being very hungry, not being tired, maybe traffic heading in the opposite direction?
Julian is waken up twice more, but the third time, he thinks it just might be morning. Traffic doesn't seem to be more heavy, nor to really have much of a direction. He's still in his tunnel, its still dry, and the clouds beneath him remain lit by some light source he can't see.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-16-2022, 10:09 AM   #44
TGLS

Quote:
Julian is waken up twice more, but the third time, he thinks it just might be morning.
By getting kicked around some more? There has to be a better way.

Quote:
He's still in his tunnel, its still dry, and the clouds beneath him remain lit by some light source he can't see.
So the sun's not in the sky anymore, or I can see the clouds but not the sky from the tunnel?
Hm... Maybe there's some kind of city all the way down there. Maybe I have really horrible jet lag, and I slept through the whole day.

Well, guess I should adjust these vines again, and cautiously give them a bit of a taste. Then I'll go get something to eat, a sip of water, and then maybe go check to see if they have work available where they did yesterday.
Old 03-17-2022, 08:34 AM   #45
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
By getting kicked around some more? There has to be a better way.
theses are just accidental knicks... but yeah, not quite ideal.

Quote:
So the sun's not in the sky anymore, or I can see the clouds but not the sky from the tunnel?
You have never seen a sky here. You have seen cliff sloping up, roofs of one sort or another above your head, and clouds in a down direction only. You have not seen the sun, and you have not seen any change in the lighting outside as far as you can tell.

Quote:
Well, guess I should adjust these vines again, and cautiously give them a bit of a taste. Then I'll go get something to eat, a sip of water, and then maybe go check to see if they have work available where they did yesterday.
Food at the same vendor, or will he go looking for something else?

They have work available in the same place, and the short wide Kapatas with the beard and brows is still on duty. He's given glowing stone, sent up the tunnel, and the baskets start moving again.

Old 03-17-2022, 11:26 AM   #46
TGLS

Quote:
theses are just accidental knicks... but yeah, not quite ideal.
Beats accidental Yankees.
Quote:
You have never seen a sky here. You have seen cliff sloping up, roofs of one sort or another above your head, and clouds in a down direction only. You have not seen the sun, and you have not seen any change in the lighting outside as far as you can tell.
Hold on, I'm confused. Are you saying if I look over the side of the railing, and upwards, I see nothing at all because there's another cliffside in the way?

If all the lighting is coming up from below, shouldn't that make the platforms incredibly dark and shadowy?
Quote:
Food at the same vendor, or will he go looking for something else?
I'll go see if they're selling meat anywhere, but probably from the same vendor if it's the cheapest.
Quote:
They have work available in the same place, and the short wide Kapatas with the beard and brows is still on duty. He's given glowing stone, sent up the tunnel, and the baskets start moving again.
Well let's get to work.

I guess this is my life now. Could be worse.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:25 AM   #47
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Hold on, I'm confused. Are you saying if I look over the side of the railing, and upwards, I see nothing at all because there's another cliffside in the way?
correct.

Quote:
If all the lighting is coming up from below, shouldn't that make the platforms incredibly dark and shadowy?
No more than a park pavilion on an overcast day.. you get reflected light from all over, and the clouds form a diffuse light source instead of a point based one.

Quote:
I'll go see if they're selling meat anywhere, but probably from the same vendor if it's the cheapest.
At that first market its only the one vendor selling food... will Julian be checking the bigger market down the way?

Quote:
Well let's get to work.
I guess this is my life now. Could be worse.
It could indeed.... Julian finds the work simple enough.

The boy immediately behind him starts asking him questions in the local language.

Old 03-18-2022, 11:16 AM   #48
TGLS

Quote:
No more than a park pavilion on an overcast day.. you get reflected light from all over, and the clouds form a diffuse light source instead of a point based one.
I dunno; I still think it would be pretty noticeable, with the shadows projected being in the wrong direction while the platforms and other outcroppings above having no apparent shadow.

Quote:
At that first market its only the one vendor selling food... will Julian be checking the bigger market down the way?
Yeah, I'll go check down the way. Maybe they're all vegetarians here?

Quote:
It could indeed.... Julian finds the work simple enough.
Just keep pushing, just keep pushing, Just keep pushing pushing pushing...

Quote:
The boy immediately behind him starts asking him questions in the local language.
I don't suppose I know what the language is called. Or the word no. In that case:
"I only speak English."
I pause briefly, before continuing in Spanish, "Some Spanish."
If I have some idea:
I try to say something to the effect of: "No [Language], No [Language]"

Last edited by TGLS; 03-18-2022 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-21-2022, 10:42 AM   #49
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Yeah, I'll go check down the way. Maybe they're all vegetarians here?
There are many more food vendors that way. They sell many things, including cooked rice placed in a leaf, more dough wraps (maybe one of them has meat in it), and mystery meat on a stick.

Quote:
I don't suppose I know what the language is called. Or the word no. In that case:
"I only speak English."
I pause briefly, before continuing in Spanish, "Some Spanish."
If I have some idea:
I try to say something to the effect of: "No [Language], No [Language]"
Julian has done remarkably little interacting with the language so far.

The boy doesn't recognize anything Julian says, and lists off a bunch of words of his own. Finally he shrugs, points to himself, and says "Ako si Ump!" He points to himself some more "Ump! Ump!" Then he points at Julian "Ano...?" He shrugs, and hands off the basket, but then doesn't let go and looks right at Julian.

Old 03-21-2022, 12:46 PM   #50
TGLS

Quote:
There are many more food vendors that way. They sell many things, including cooked rice placed in a leaf, more dough wraps (maybe one of them has meat in it), and mystery meat on a stick.
I'll buy whatever's cheap. The meat thing was more idle curiosity.

Quote:
Julian has done remarkably little interacting with the language so far.
Admittedly not wanting to be seen gets in the way of that, I suppose.

Quote:
The boy doesn't recognize anything Julian says, and lists off a bunch of words of his own. Finally he shrugs, points to himself, and says "Ako si Ump!" He points to himself some more "Ump! Ump!" Then he points at Julian "Ano...?" He shrugs, and hands off the basket, but then doesn't let go and looks right at Julian.
Like playing the gostak.
So his name is Ump. Or he is an Ump. Or he speaks Ump. Well no one around here seems to speak my language or looks like me. I guess it doesn't matter if they think, Julian means "white guy" or "English language". Hopefully "Ako" is "I" and "Ano" is "you".

I hesitate slightly before speaking. I point at myself and say, "Ako si Julian." Then, slightly more confidently, I point at him and say, "Ano si Ump?"

Last edited by TGLS; 03-22-2022 at 08:32 AM.

Tags
lost in dreams