Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-25-2021, 07:40 AM   #41
TGLS

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Do you have a plan for keeping in contact? We can get you radios that will help with that."
"Well it certainly beats out having to arrange a meetup when neither of us have much idea how doable it would be to reach said meetup point."
Quote:
"at least, communicators that look like radios... You both know how to use a radio?"
"Could they not look like a radio? Maybe a pen?"
Quote:
"You both know how to use a radio?"
OOC: Apparently not, but I do have a default of 10...
"I can probably figure it out."

Quote:
So I take it you want to be placed on either Lithus or Verdaze. Do you want to be urban or rural, and how close to you want to be to the front lines or the rebel headquarters?
Well, I doubt there's much to investigate near the frontlines... So I'll go with Lithus and investigate the HQ.

Last edited by TGLS; 06-25-2021 at 07:52 AM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 08:24 AM   #42
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"A pen? sure, we can make the communicator look like a pen. It will make it only two-way, but there are only two of you... I suppose we could work volume into some sort of twist... go talk to sariza. I'm sure she can work something out for you."

"remember, the radio will only work within the maximus skerry. Its powered by magic, so its vaugely possible it could be blocked... but I'm sure you'll figure something out in that case"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OOC: Apparently not, but I do have a default of 10...
"I can probably figure it out."

You have TL10, so yes... you can use a radio.

What do each of you want to do before being dropped off?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 09:26 AM   #43
TGLS

Quote:
What do each of you want to do before being dropped off?
1) Verify that a pen is plausible enough object that it won't be suspicious.
2) Go talk to Sariza about getting pen radios made.
3) Come up with a plausible story to ingratiate myself with rebel HQ, and possibly have false evidence made to enhance the story.
Old 06-27-2021, 03:57 PM   #44
the_matrix_walker

"I'd like a laptop with copies of any agreements involved with requests for aid, in case I need to reference them. I'd appreciate some kind of concealable armor for worst-case scenarios. A communicator, certainly. Are weapons permitted at the temple?

How will we communicate with the "home office"?

Perhaps we should pick a rendevous point, in the event we are unable to communicate."

Vassarious looks into the research for a place outside of the fighting or thought to be neutral ground, likely in Monstri or Aquas.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 08:10 AM   #45
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Halcyone's research verifies that pens are common enough objects.

What sort of story is Halcyone looking for? Combat achievements against the enemy? Intelligence about enemy movements? "Saving" the life of some rebel dignitary? Cutting edge tech to give them? False credentials establishing her as from a different rebel group (probably from a different world).

possible rendezous points:
  • A deserted island on Aquas
  • The capital city of Monstri
  • A specific small community on Monstri (not native)
  • A small native community on Monstri
  • A lonely mountain on Monstri
Weapons at the temple are only available for those with permission... you sort of have that implicitly though.

If you want a laptop full of agreements... you'll have to do with either scans or paper copies. Both are in the library. Does V want a full laptop or will a mobile device do? Or will the paper copies do? Do you want it to blend in with the local tech?

Sariza is sweet dumpy old lady who spends most of her time telling younger family members how perform their housekeeping duties. You find her in the kitchens, telling a younger family member the correct method for chopping onions. Behind her is a modern stove range, and next to here a bubbling caldron in a chimney.

"Oh, yes dearies, what do you need?"

"Yes, a cross-world communicator in a digital age pen? I think a have a niece who can build that."

"If you take the pen apart like this, it will send a message to the Villa, and Gurdo will send someone to check on you in a few hours."

"Armor for a shapeshifter? Do you need it to blend in with the locals? if not, didn't you bring some when why Nephew picked you up?*"
*yes you did. TL 8 monster hunters style concealable armor

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 06-28-2021, 09:41 AM   #46
TGLS

Quote:
What sort of story is Halcyone looking for? Combat achievements against the enemy? Intelligence about enemy movements? "Saving" the life of some rebel dignitary? Cutting edge tech to give them? False credentials establishing her as from a different rebel group (probably from a different world).
Well I'm not too sure about giving them something actionable (however good a story it would be), if there's some risk about needing to deal with it later. "Saving" a rebel dignitary and combat achievements would be good background, even though there's some risk that they might be able to catch me out. Maybe mix in false credentials

Quote:
possible rendezous points:
  • A deserted island on Aquas
  • The capital city of Monstri
  • A specific small community on Monstri (not native)
  • A small native community on Monstri
  • A lonely mountain on Monstri
Well they all seem roughly equally far away to me... Maybe the capital of Monstri or Aquas would be easier to arrange?

In terms of loadout, I'll take what I've got with the character writeup, perhaps adjusted to match local technology apart from the bioplas. I'd also like the rebel "uniform" and local outfits, but refitted to be worn over the bioplas if necessary.
Old 06-29-2021, 08:29 AM   #47
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well I'm not too sure about giving them something actionable (however good a story it would be), if there's some risk about needing to deal with it later. "Saving" a rebel dignitary and combat achievements would be good background, even though there's some risk that they might be able to catch me out. Maybe mix in false credentials
Gurdo scowls into midair for a bit, then nods. "The rebel forces are not expertly organized. We can send you in with basic information about the war on Aquas, some medals, and a story about saving the life of a rebel leader."

Halcyone finds a prospective rebel figure: a fiery speaker on Aquas who seems to constantly escape death. Kasada claims that the emperor wishes the plebians to free themselves, and is restraining his hand until the patricians have been properly chastised. This is NOT the dominant rebel theory, but the rebel leaders let her travel and drum up troops... and try to keep the message military rather than actually chopping off heads.

Quote:
In terms of loadout, I'll take what I've got with the character writeup, perhaps adjusted to match local technology apart from the bioplas. I'd also like the rebel "uniform" and local outfits, but refitted to be worn over the bioplas if necessary.
That works. Sarrissa gets one of her nieces to "stitch" together a fake uniform for you. It takes only hours, and looks like pristine TL9 fabrication.

Old 06-29-2021, 11:54 AM   #48
the_matrix_walker

A lonely mountain on Monstri is a fine place for an emergency rendezvous.

"With all of the wonders and technology I have seen here, I was hoping you might be able to equip me with weapons and armor superior to what I brought with me..."

"If native tech would be equal to the task at hand will and allow me to reference materials and share them if needs be, then that will do fine."
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 07:22 AM   #49
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
A lonely mountain on Monstri is a fine place for an emergency rendezvous.
The Urban rebel wants to meet in the city. The kung fu monk wants to meet on the mountain. Do I need Gurdo to break the tie? (die roll?)

Quote:
"With all of the wonders and technology I have seen here, I was hoping you might be able to equip me with weapons and armor superior to what I brought with me..."
Sarrisa: "That is not our way. We can make you gear to match where you are coming from, or where you are going."

Body armor on Maximus is fairly advanced... its generally TL9. V is offered a tactical suit, hardshell armor, or a battle suit (all in basic).

Quote:
"If native tech would be equal to the task at hand will and allow me to reference materials and share them if needs be, then that will do fine."
Alfio presents V with both a laptop and a mobile device. They are rugged objects, a little heavier than they need to be, considering Maximus's tech level, but the mobile device has a battery life of around 30 days, and the laptop has a satellite connection for maximus... once you're there and if the military hasn't shut down the satellites.

Old 07-02-2021, 07:51 AM   #50
TGLS

Quote:
The Urban rebel wants to meet in the city. The kung fu monk wants to meet on the mountain. Do I need Gurdo to break the tie? (die roll?)
I can make it to the mountain. If there was such a locale on Aquas, I'd prefer that. The island won't really do given chartering a boat would be necessary.