Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-18-2021, 08:55 PM   #41
PumpkinLorica

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
Okay, my mistake.
You rolled 16, the merchant rolled 11.
Using Luck, you reroll 5 and 12.
Sooo...10% off. You can't use Luck again until tomorrow.
Ohh thank you!!!
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:18 PM   #42
ajardoor

DAY 2

The band of adventurers set off for The Caves of Mercy, journeying down a trade road alongside a tame woodland, with the mountains in the distance.
Old 03-19-2021, 01:32 PM   #43
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Telrith, Gottfried has the spear, so I guess that would be confusing.

My friends actually call me "White Crow"; but you could let him call me "White" or "Crow" (if it's a single word what you need). And my weapon is the bow.
Ahh... his weapon is the arrow, not the spear. You can call him Crow. He is our eyes, eyes, and warning voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Golems are interesting creatures, Telrith; How they feed? Do they fight?
Telrith leans against a nearby tree:

"Well, Tigerstone and Mulch here are earth Elementals. They're spirits of the Prime Element Earth, embodied building blocks of the universe. Earth is the most fundamental of all of them, the most fundamental piece. I've called them from the plane of earth, and offered them temporary bodies on this world. I did not create their animating force, though I did bring them here. Their bodies were created by both of us working together. Mulch has that shaggy decaying look because that's who he is in any body. Same for Tigerstone's stripes. Tomorrow, I'll try to find some different elementals to help us out, and they'll look a little different. Sometimes I find more, sometimes I find less. I usually find more Talking Rocks like Tigerstone here, and fewer Earth Servants like Mulch, but I'm glad we have Mulch today, because he's stronger than the talking rocks."

"Golems, on the other hand, are constructs made by wizards. Their bodies are carefully sculpted out of clay, shaped over the course of a year to a wizard's specification. Their are a few different ways to get the intelligence for a golem, but if an elemental is used, it is very much changed. Golems last until they are destroyed and are quite valuable."

"Mulch and Tigerstone here will stay with us until tonight, or until something takes apart the bodies I gave them. Then they'll return to the elemental plane of earth, leaving their bodies behind."

"I brought them here to serve. Mostly in combat, but Mulch is also pretty good for brute labor, especially digging. Earth elementals are unsubtle fighters. They can take a beating, especially the rocks like tigerstone, but they aren't much for agility. Tigerstone here is tough enough that it often won't matter."

Quote:
You do give life to art.
"I didn't design them. They look that way because that's who they are."

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
They call me "digger" cause thatś what I do, I dig graves and kill monsters
"You were a grave digger before? Or do you bury the monsters after you kill them?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:28 PM   #44
vicious Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post

"You were a grave digger before? Or do you bury the monsters after you kill them?"
Yes indeed, I was to be a knight before a digger, guess it is fate.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 07:33 PM   #45
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) Telrith leans against a nearby tree: "Well, Tigerstone and Mulch here are earth Elementals. They're spirits of the Prime Element Earth, embodied building blocks of the universe (...) "Golems, on the other hand, are constructs made by wizards (...)
Bain looks interested in Telrith’s remarks, and he is seemingly taking mental notes of his comments.

Quite the thing, I never considered this radical difference between golems and elementals; It is not an action of “giving life to art”, but “the art of bringing life to this plane”. This realization is transcendental for me, it sheds a new light on magic, indeed.
Old 03-21-2021, 10:32 PM   #46
PumpkinLorica

Gathika pays attention to Telrith's comment, she finds amusing how he conjured the earth elementals and looks at them in amazement. This also encourages Gathika to -bless the food-. She enters a trance for a moment... “Comrades, the spirits are telling me that I must recharge, I will sleep in the cart.”

She makes kitten eyes.
Old 03-22-2021, 11:57 AM   #47
ajardoor

As the party heads out, they enjoy the quiet of nature. The mountain air is fresh.

(OOC: No random encounter today.)

When the night falls, they set up a camp on the side of the trade road.

(OOC: Gonna need your revelant rolls for the camp routine before I roll for random encounters.)
Old 03-22-2021, 01:20 PM   #48
PumpkinLorica

At night Gathika will cast essential food (14), watchdog (14, to protect the camp) and recover energy (14) to recover FP for 1 hour.

If this is the only break, today we saved 6 of 15 rations.
Old 03-22-2021, 03:14 PM   #49
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
(...) Gonna need your revelant rolls for the camp routine before I roll for random encounters.
Bain will roll soldier (12) to help set up the camp, if needed.

I believe Gottfried and Vic have the survival skill (and they might have a higher SL). If they decide to roll, I would like to lend them a hand to improve the rate of success.

Bain is taking extra time for the following skills:

Checking the area for potential threats using tracking (12+1):
For example, bears scratch nearby trees to mark their territory, creatures leave footsteps near the river to drink water and goblins could use the river as a shortcut to assault adventures.

Setting up traps (12+1), these will be placed about 8 yards from the camp, this will stop the threats and Bain will be able to see, and daze them with his perk and to hit them with his bow.

Bain lights the campfire using his ability,
This fire is peculiar, burning blue and green.
He sits in front of the fire and waits for the party to gather, he looks reflexive. Then he speaks:

I recall the sergeant mentioned the “goblin-waters” when he talked about The Caves’. I bet the name is not for show. I suggest we keep at least 60 yards of distance from the river, this will help us avoid immediate contact and reduce our exposure to the elements.

We should keep our weapons close as we sleep.
Goblin-kin can fight in low light environment, be careful.

Watchdog is a useful spell, but stay vigilant.

After having dinner, and probably having talked with the rest of the party, he goes to sleep.
Bain sits and lays his back on his "backpack", ready to stand up quickly; provided the deep-sleeper perk will help him rest properly.
Old 03-22-2021, 03:30 PM   #50
vicious Violence

I would like to roll Survival (14) in order to help set up the camp the best I can, help in anything that is need and sleep *if we are doing watches, take my turn during the night, with my weapons close at hand.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic