Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-16-2021, 03:31 AM   #21
ajardoor

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

(OOC: "I have 2 elven rations, good for 6 meals (almost a week)." Slight correction, Hide; each day of travel requires 3 meals to avoid starving. An elven ration is worth meals, so 2 such items would suffice for only two days and not nearly a week.)
Old 03-16-2021, 09:08 AM   #22
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
As Vic elaborates about the road to The Caves, Bain pulls a map from his bag and a compass:

Look at this, mates, according to Vic this is the path we should take. It seems we are almost good to go with our gear.

At the moment I would suggest we buy a wheelbarrow* (for carrying the loot and our gear), the group basics ($50) and maybe a big tent (for 4 persons, it is $160 with its two poles). In total that is $ 210, plus 16 to 20 rations (for about a week of delving) … so $ 250.

How many rations (meals) do you have?
How much can you spend?
Right now, it is approximately $ 60 per head, with the four of us.

And Gathika, we could lower the costs with your aid.

This is not written in stone, so tell me what you think.
I think we can save money if we put all of the food together, to begin with.

I have 2 elven rations, good for 6 meals (almost a week). And personally, I would like to buy some arrows ($ 40), We might need some cloth and oil in case we require a torch (but that might be included in the group basics, oil and cloth). By the way, this map and this mapping kit I just got are worth $150.

*Basic Set p.289, it is $60 and it holds 350 lbs. the load is divided by 5.

Telrith looks over the map:

"The caves are set in the walls of a canyon. There's a pecking order of sorts: the more powerful your tribe, the higher up the canyon your caves are. That means we'll want to come in at the canyon floor. Eventually we'll want some rope and climbing gear for taking on the caves, but for now we should be safe just assaulting the bottom caves."

"I ... um... am a little short on cash at the moment. I've got 40 copper pennies and no rations, no camping gear. I could sell off some paut if we need to, but if someone would spot me a little, that'd be nice. I'd pay you back as soon as we got some loot!"

"Do we have any light magic? that'd be nice to have."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:08 AM   #23
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
(...) each day of travel requires 3 meals to avoid starving (...)
Updated!

Quote:
(...) Right now, it is approximately $ 80-100 per head (...) this map and this mapping kit I just got are worth $150.
Bain looks at Telrith:

Hey, when did you appear? I wasn’t expecting to see you after we reached Starhold Keep. Guys, this is, Telrith.

In fact, Bain invested part of the journey to Starhold Keep learning about potential allies (observing everybody).

He was in the caravan too. I take your interest in this matter as a manifest of your intention to collaborate; so, we have agreed splitting the loot in equal parts (assuming there is loot). Pull a chair! This is Gathika the Healer, this fighter is Vic the Digger, and this warrior is Gottfried. I am Bain of Avalon. Titles are one thing, but the trust accompanying them is what I care about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Telrith looks over the map (...) "I ... um... am a little short on cash at the moment. I've got 40 copper pennies (...)
If you give us your word, Telrith; what do you think guys? I think that is OK.
Old 03-16-2021, 10:16 AM   #24
vicious Violence

I'm ok with chipping a bit more in.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 06:47 PM   #25
Hide

Quote:
(...) "Do we have any light magic? that'd be nice to have."
I do, I can “summon” an “ancient power” which lights a 2-yard radius around me or a narrow 10-yard path, from my location.

But I guess we could buy 3 torches.

Think of a will-o'-the-wisp or the polar lights (aurora Borealis/Australis), respectively, working like a torch or like a flashlight.
Old 03-16-2021, 07:55 PM   #26
PumpkinLorica

Quote:
... At the moment I would suggest we buy a wheelbarrow* (for carrying the loot and our gear), the group basics ($50) and maybe a big tent (for 4 persons, it is $160 with its two poles). In total that is $ 210, plus a 21 rations a week (7) per head (5); since the rations cost $2 it's $ 420... I would like to buy some arrows ($ 40), We might need some cloth and oil in case we require a torch ... this map and this mapping kit I just got are worth $150.
150 in kind... then I can sponsor our party with cash. The Elders tell me I should charge you all an interest of 5% per day… but we are comrades, I am OK if you simply pay the loan with loot: $30 Telrith and $50 Gottfried and $ 30 Vic.

Please help my merchant roll for a discount, including 20 arrows and 3 torches (final cost $ 469). 399 Gathika + 30 Vic + 30 Telrith + 10 Gottfried.

Hope the amount is OK Vic. If Bain wants either regular or bodkin arrows, he can choose. And the savings from the discount should be for Gathika.

Last edited by PumpkinLorica; 03-16-2021 at 09:11 PM.
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 03:59 PM   #27
ajardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica View Post
150 in kind... then I can sponsor our party with cash. The Elders tell me I should charge you all an interest of 5% per day… but we are comrades, I am OK if you simply pay the loan with loot: $30 Telrith and $50 Gottfried and $ 30 Vic.

Please help my merchant roll for a discount, including 20 arrows and 3 torches (final cost $ 469). 399 Gathika + 30 Vic + 30 Telrith + 10 Gottfried.

Hope the amount is OK Vic. If Bain wants either regular or bodkin arrows, he can choose. And the savings from the discount should be for Gathika.
(OOC: Confirm your purchases and who is carrying what. Then confirm the party is off to find The Caves.)
Old 03-17-2021, 06:45 PM   #28
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
(OOC: Confirm your purchases and who is carrying what. Then confirm the party is off to find The Caves.)
OOC:
  • Looks good, I would like half bodkin arrows and half regular arrows for Bain.
  • It seems the costs presented by Gathika fall within the budget already endorsed by both Murrell and Eric:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmurrell View Post
    (...) We should go in on a set of group basics, at $50 that's $10 each.
    Quote:
    (...) I've got 40 copper pennies (...) if someone would spot me a little, that'd be nice. I'd pay you back as soon as we got some loot!" (...)
  • So, perhaps Vic is the only one left to confirm the amount of his investment.
Once the party arranges the purchases, Bain says:

With the shopping done, we will meet at Starhold Keep's gate tomorrow at 0400 (the gates leading to The Caves). Gathika and Vic, you bring the stuff to the gate and there we decide who's pushing the cart. Terlith's got a lot on his shoulders already...

How encumbered are the rest of you?
Old 03-17-2021, 09:01 PM   #29
vicious Violence

I'll chip in with 30, confirming that I agree with the party.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:15 PM   #30
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Telrith would like to try conjuring up his ally elementals as the party gathers in the morning. Hopefully he'll get at least one assistant for hauling around gear. Slash an assistant in the fight.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic