Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-06-2021, 01:09 AM   #1
ajardoor

Default [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

This is the OOC for my DFRPG campaign. The PCs have arrived at Starhold Keep, a military outpost at the edge of the wilderness known as Hell's Throat.

Players, if you're in this campaign, post here ASAP before you post IC. Introduce your character, introduce yourself, ask questions. I will probably roll dice for you all, but you should note the numbers in your posts.
Old 03-06-2021, 02:44 PM   #2
Hide

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Hey there, nice to meet you,
I will be playing as Bain of Avalon.

Bain is a soldier, Avalon his homeland; he works in reconnaissance and exploration. His current mission brought him to Starhold Keep. DFPRG wise, he is a “scout”.

Bain is a human man in his twenties, with an elvish build (Tolkien’s elves, by the way). He has black eyes, and black hair in an undercut style, with threads of silvery hair. He is relatively tall (6'2") and ripped (weighting about 155 lbs.). He is quite reserved and observant, the kind of guy that listens to you and speaks through action. On the other side, Bain has no qualms in talking to people, when he has to.

His partnership with you is circumstantial, working together increases both sides chances of success; you asked him to help you, and he considered that teaming up was worth the shot.
Old 03-07-2021, 07:46 PM   #3
vicious Violence

Hello everyone, my character is named Vic the Digger.
He’s a dishonored knight, betrayed by his sister-in-law, disowned by his father and family. He is no stranger to violence and danger; you could say he is drawn to it. He is no stranger to pain either. Works well in a team and can be resourceful. Vic is joining the party to answer the call of violence and to try to silence the monsters. He is aware that strength in numbers is good, and is looking for the correct party.

Last edited by vicious Violence; 03-07-2021 at 08:07 PM. Reason: add information
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 12:54 PM   #4
Adina

Hello fellow travellers, looks like an all military group so far.

I'll be playing Gottfried, a veteran soldier. Modelled after an early Byzantine skutatoi, he's a heavy infantryman with decent armor and a large shield.

At 5'7" he's not particularly tall, but he's a solid and muscular 180 lbs. His skin is deeply tanned and weather-beaten from a life in the field. His face is unremarkable but shows his every emotion. He's a bit sarcastic and he'll tell you exactly what he thinks without subtilty oy sugar-coating.
Adina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 01:58 PM   #5
Hide

Great, seems our group is gonna play face (hahahah).

How did Gottfried join the party?

If the three of us were sent with a similar purpose, maybe we were a party before joining the others.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:30 PM   #6
ajardoor

I think we have one more player applying.
But for the sake of the campaign, feel free to make your first IC post - what does your character do in town?
Old 03-09-2021, 12:22 PM   #7
Hide

Alright, how are we going to roll the dice?
Dicelog is a nice tool, you can create a virtual room for the party and keep a private log for the campaign:

https://dicelog.com/
Old 03-09-2021, 10:42 PM   #8
PumpkinLorica

Hi!! Everybody, I will be playing as Gathika.

Gathika is a bloodthirsty cat girl, seeking vengeance for her hometown’s destruction.

She resembles the puss in boots; Gathika is short (5’1”) and has blonde hair and green eyes. She always keeps her sword close, since it is the only memory left of her family.

She is a healer, it is rumored she received her powers from the Elder Things.

You may think she looks distracted and might find her speaking alone at times, but she is talking to beings from other dimensions. Gathika loves the dark and the uncanny, it is what had her invested in hidden lore.

She also loves shopping.
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 01:10 AM   #9
ajardoor

Quote:
Bain approached the boulder and checked its size; using his information and his knowledge in archery (as a proxy for ballistics), he tried to determine from what direction came the boulder. And so, Bain asked himself: How big is it? Does it look like it has been “processed” for its use as a projectile? What lies over there? Could it be Hell’s throat?
The boulder is about the size of 2 fat men curled up together and weighs the same as 10 men. He can't determine what exact direction the boulder came from, he can pick down that it came from the west. The boulder was not carved into its size - it is natural. Hell's Throat is north-east (mostly north) of the Keep.

Quote:
Bain decides it is time to start moving; he walks to Starhold Keep’s base, with the intention of introducing himself to the soldier’s chief and discuss his mission.
The Keep is governed by a commander, and I doubt he would allow you an audience. At best, you may talk to a sergeant who governs a squad.

Remember, the section on town has rules about gathering information, looking for work, and so on.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:00 PM   #10
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I will playing as Telrith Stone-Friend.

Telrith is a student of the element of earth, and one day hopes to be its master. He's only a little tall and fairly thin, especially compared to the tower-shield he (or his minions) carry around. He regularly conjures up earth elementals and aspires to build an army out of them. He has come here primarily to test and train his conjured creatures in battle.

He can be a bit funny about his chosen element, naming every elemental he creates, speaking to geological features as though they had feelings, and occasionally picking up rocks off the ground to collect.

I don't think we have any particular reason to be a group... anybody have leadership on their sheet?

EDIT: post references:

stats for allies

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 08-30-2021 at 07:27 AM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, fantasy, magic, martial arts