Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #41
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter ends the poor creatures suffering with another blow from the rock.

"Sorry little critter."
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:39 AM   #42
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Peter brings the stone crashing down on the prickly rodent two more times: the first time it gives a massive screech, and on the third it seems to use the ability to move. or at least move quickly.

Rider: "Good job boy. You did it!"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:15 PM   #43
the_matrix_walker

'I guess...' Peter thinks, a little disheartened he had to smash the critter with a rock. He has somewhat less compunctions about hunting than many kids his age, but the personal nature of smashing a living thing with a rock was somewhat more disturbing than hunting with his father and bow or a rifle.

Peter takes a stick and pushes it down the creature's windpipe and then rests the stick on his shoulder and starts looking for another animal to hunt.

'How many do you think I'll need?'
Old 03-03-2014, 07:59 AM   #44
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: "how many porcupines? that was proof of concept. Porcupines really don't taste that good, and their leather isn't worth much. This was so you could get experience and so that we know what each other were capable of. You're probably not going to be able to get enough meat and leather to trade. Shall we head to town and see if they'll accept you?"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-03-2014, 09:40 AM   #45
the_matrix_walker

'You wanted me to kill that animal to prove a point? You sure helped me be sneaky, but I think I could smash a porcupine with a rock without your help if I wanted to. That wasn't necessary. If we can't use it, we shouldn't have killed it.' Peter shakes his head and thinks...what have I gotten myself into...
Old 03-04-2014, 08:51 AM   #46
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: "It wasn't about me showing you what we can do. Its about us getting to know each other's capabilities. You were the one who suggested hunting and asked me to show you. So I did. And we can't use it for barter. We can certainly eat it."

Rider: "So what do you really want to do? long term?"

Old 03-05-2014, 01:37 AM   #47
the_matrix_walker

'I asked about the best way to get something to trade for some clothes so I don't have to steal from anyone... Long term goals? I don't know what I want to do yet! I'll probably join the Army when I get out of high school to pay for college... But first I need to find some pants and a way home.'
Old 03-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #48
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: "OK, not that long term. Yes, you want pants and to get back. I hate to tell you this, but getting home probably isn't going to happen. Have you heard of the bermuda triangle? Well at least some of those people end up here. Its a copy of the earth you call home, only a different time. And it won't be the same, because Enough Americans have come through to change things forever. They're concentrated on the atlantic coast. The rest of the world is still figuring out how to smith iron."

"They've tried and tried to get home, but no one has managed to do it. They're abandoned here, and they've made a life of it. I suggest you do the same."

Old 03-05-2014, 01:16 PM   #49
the_matrix_walker

'I live in Massachusetts, no where near the Bermuda Triangle... this is crazy! Falling on my face really hurt, and I'm hungry... This isn't a dream is it?'
Old 03-07-2014, 12:44 PM   #50
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: "Its just a well known reference. People disappear without a trace. The effect seems to be centred in that region, but it operates all up and down the atlantic coast. And whatever made you think that this was a dream? This is completely real."

"As for your hunger, you have the porcupine we just killed."

Tags
lost in dreams