Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #31
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter takes a run to see what it feels like, leaps on the side of a tree and clibs around...

'Is this what it was like for you when you had a body?' he queries.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #32
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

He finds himself leaping farther and moving faster, but its not anywhere near as mystical and wondrous as the change in his senses. mostly its just an improvement. there is a major improvement in his ability to hook onto the bark of the tree though. Goliath looks at him quizically.

Rider: "I've had many bodies, and many forms. If I have the power to change your body, why wouldn't I have the power to change my own?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:58 PM   #33
the_matrix_walker

"Try and keep up boy!" Peter say's exuberantly as he bounds through the forest, headed for the village.

'Too bad you didn't make me a giant silkworm to spin myself some clothes!' he jokes to Rider.

Then he leaps off into the air and spreads his arms, and lands firmly on his face in the brush.

"Ow!" Peter picks his head up out of the dirt and leaves. Goliath trots up to his side. "This dream is weird, it should totally be a flying dream." he says out loud to himself.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:51 PM   #34
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider (in a dry sarcastic manner): "I thought we were going to hunt like this. or at least steal some pants. You seem to want to go to a town, in which case I should certainly change you back first."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 02-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #35
the_matrix_walker

'Oh sure, I'll just steal that bush's pants.' Peter says, mimicking rider's tone, 'Where am I gonna find pants in the woods?'

He ponders for a moment... "Ok, let's hunt then, or I could take some of the slender branches and weave a basket to carry back herbs and edible plants to trade. What do you think is best?'
Old 02-18-2014, 08:21 AM   #36
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: "Hunt. Breathe in, let the world surround you, and become a part of it. find a creature, stalk it, and kill it. If you wish, I will aid you"

Old 02-18-2014, 10:29 PM   #37
the_matrix_walker

Peter inhales. He feels a little light headed as he draws in his breath and the scents of the forest with it. He stalks out into the green looking for prey. He had hunted before, but never like this. He searched inside himself for instincts mostly forgotten as he silently moved through the wood.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:35 AM   #38
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Peter breathed in the air, and could tell that ... well, those instincts didn't show up. He had to assume that one smell was urine from some sort of animal, though he couldn't tell what kind, and that this different smell was rotting leaves, and so forth. And while the animals couldn't see him, hearing him was a whole different matter. He'd done SOME stealthy woodcraft, but not anything like that needed to sneak up on an animal from behind.

Rider is getting quite annoyed, and starts saying things like: 'No! there's a stick there!', "why are you following the send of an ant colony?', and 'That way! it went that way!'. Peter rapidly improves, at least on the smelling front, but remains only slightly stealthy. He begins trying to stay to hard ground and the like. Though the comments become less frantic, Rider's mood doesn't seem to improve much.

After two squirrels hide in trees and he spooks a deer, Peter eventually gets on the trail of what Rider assures him is a fat porcupine, and they find the creature sitting quietly on a branch, munching on twigs. It is ... quite a large creature.

Rider:"Now, this part is tricky --- you either have to grab the creature correctly the first time, use a rock or stick, or take the pain and I'll fix it later.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:53 AM   #39
the_matrix_walker

Peter gets a medium sized rock for the task, and let's the poor critter have it.

(AoA Determined +4, Telegraphic Attack +4)
Old 02-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #40
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The porcupine seems to realize something is going on, but its response is at the last second and quite ineffective: It bristles up and turns as the rock comes crashing down against it's body. With a loud squeal of pain it lets go of the tree and falls down, still alive, but crippled.

Goliath barks, but keeps his distance. Apparently he knows what a porcupine is.

Rider: "Again!"

Tags
lost in dreams