Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-23-2014, 03:19 PM   #11
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

"A Ghost? The phrase applies. The remnants of a living, moving, vibrant creature. I have been many things to many people. I have gone by many names, and been many things. but now I am simply the remnants of those things."

"I need a place to stay. A place that will live. I want you to carry me with you. I wish to journey with you that I may continue to see the world, and have a companion."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:03 AM   #12
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Goliath is still growling at the ghost, obviously quite scared of the creature.

Peter isn't quite getting a vibe from this creature. maybe if he had more time....

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-24-2014, 11:46 AM   #13
the_matrix_walker

"Id like to help you somehow.... but I don't want to be possessed if that's what you're talking about! And you scare Goliath, and he's been my 'companion' for a ling time!" Peter strokes the big dags fur, trying to calm him.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:26 AM   #14
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Possession? I would not possess your body. I would merely ride along, see what you see, and maybe make a little conversation. You can kick me out anytime you want and I promise the dog won't continue barking at me once I'm not a naked spirit like this. Besides, I can help you. You're as naked as I am.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:13 PM   #15
the_matrix_walker

"Well....Ok, let's give it a try then" the boy says with a touch of hesitation... he does step forward despite a measure of uncertainty.

He banishes the doubts from his mind...

'Endless woods, stark naked, winged spirits.... this must be a dream. Might as well go with it' he thinks to himself as he opens his arms to the shimmering figure.

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 01-28-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:51 PM   #16
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Goliath gives a whimper.

The spirit gathers itself into a small glowing ball, and circles around Peter a few times before spiralling into his head. The sensations felt are enormous. Peter feels stronger, more alive, and less mindful of the cold air.

Goliath studies Peter with his head tilted, then starts sniffing his boy.

"What am I to call you?" The voice in his head is as disturbing when it had no source at all.
"You may call me what you wish: I have had many names, but I suppose you will prefer a specific name."

Old 01-29-2014, 03:47 PM   #17
the_matrix_walker

"My name is Peter. And I think I'll call you 'Rider' if you like it since I'm taking you along for the ride."

Peter looks about the forest for a moment, his head swimming. He gathers his composure and looks to Goliath.

"It's ok boy... I'm still me." He scratches Goliath behind the ear for a few moments and speaks to his spectral companion "Goliath and I are going to need water soon. Do you know the terrain Rider?"

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 01-29-2014 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:57 AM   #18
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: "indeed. There's a good water source about 1,000 paves to the northeast by east. And try to think to talk to me. People get jumpy at those who talk to themselves. "

Old 01-30-2014, 09:59 AM   #19
the_matrix_walker

Peter leads Goliath off to what he believes is the northeast by east in search of the water source.

He thinks... 'Is this the right way?'

Upon finding the water, Peter thinks 'Great! Now all I need are pants and a bus to Burlington'.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:58 PM   #20
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: " A little to the left..."

It takes some talking, and Peter can tell Rider is a little frustrated, but its not hard to find a stream. Rider seems to have an innate sense of the land, down to knowing which way to go around thickets. After a while, Goliath catches sent of the water and Peter is able to follow him.

The water tastes good, though its cold. Peter tries to find an area that has been running for a while to reduce microbes.

"I can't give you a bus, and I can't take you to Burlington. I think you knew that though. Where are you headed anyways?"

Tags
lost in dreams