Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
Anders

Default Lone Ranger

How much would this Code of Honor be worth?

I believe...
  • That to have a friend, a man must be one.
  • That all men are created equal and that everyone has within himself the power to make this a better world.
  • That God put the firewood there, but that every man must gather and light it himself.
  • In being prepared physically, mentally, and morally to fight when necessary for what is right.
  • That a man should make the most of what equipment he has.
  • That 'this government of the people, by the people, and for the people' shall live always.
  • That men should live by the rule of what is best for the greatest number.
  • That sooner or later...somewhere...somehow...we must settle with the world and make payment for what we have taken.
  • That all things change but truth, and that truth alone, lives on forever.
  • In my Creator, my country, my fellow man.

How come no one has suggested statting the Lone Ranger yet, with the movie and everything? We've really failed here.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
naloth

Default Re: Lone Ranger

Probably a quirk? Nothing there is binding or will necessarily cause you to get in trouble. Most are very generic guidelines.

It's more fitting to give him a Sense of Duty (Citizens) or a Vow (Fight Crime). If you really want to saddle him with a CoH, I'd use the Comic Hero's Code from Supers which demands that you fight fairly, use your abilities responsibly, and honor your word.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
Anders

Does he kill people?
Old 07-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
naloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
Does he kill people?
Nothing in the Hero's code prevents killing and Pacifism is itself a -15 disad. I haven't seen the current movie, but in the old show he avoids killing when possible.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
Nothing in the Hero's code prevents killing and Pacifism is itself a -15 disad. I haven't seen the current movie, but in the old show he avoids killing when possible.
In the old show, he used silver bullets to remind himself of the cost of a human life.

So, yes, he does kill people, but he doesn't like the idea. Perhaps he might have "Reluctant Killer" in GURPS terms...?
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #6
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
In the old show, he used silver bullets to remind himself of the cost of a human life.

So, yes, he does kill people, but he doesn't like the idea. Perhaps he might have "Reluctant Killer" in GURPS terms...?
No, when he has to kill he isn't bad at it, which is the definition of Reluctant Killer. That he takes his killing very seriously is just a Quirk.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
Anders

Quote:

Maybe his just a miser... :)
Old 07-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #8
DangerousThing

Quote:

I liked the version of the Lone Ranger in the comic Planetary (not called the Lone Ranger probably for licensing reasons). He used silver bullets tipped with a mercury compound so when he shot to wound they would die of "guilt" later.
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #9
lexington

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousThing View Post
I liked the version of the Lone Ranger in the comic Planetary (not called the Lone Ranger probably for licensing reasons). He used silver bullets tipped with a mercury compound so when he shot to wound they would die of "guilt" later.
That's a long way to go to avoid a better joke. If he just used silver jacketing he could say they died of "gilt".
lexington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #10
ronom

I know the original Lone Ranger's mask was made from his brother's vest to remind him of why he fights.
ronom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters, code of honor