Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 10-22-2021, 09:38 PM   #1
Magesmiley

Default Design problems in the Vehicle Guide

So, having perused the designs in the 6E Vehicle Guide, I found that one of them violates the build card rules on page 8 of the core rules. Specifically, that players "cannot equip multiple upgrades that share the same name or subtype."

The Division 8 version of the Pure Energy (page 45) has two Upgrade-Wheels cards.

Two other items that are misprints, but which don't affect the legality of the vehicles:

The Division 8 version of the Sledge (page 57) shows two Upgrade-Frame cards. The Reinforced Weapons Brackets are actually an Upgrade-Mount card, so the design is legal.

The Division 8 version of the Scarab (page 51) has the cost of the heavy recoilless and standard recoilless switched. Since it has two of each though, it comes out with the same total cost.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 04:30 AM   #2
beetle496

Default Re: Design problems in the Vehicle Guide

Thank you for your close review of this.

Seems like wheel guard/hubs should be compatible with upgraded wheels. Is that the mistake made w/ Pure Energy?

I had forgotten about the Vehicle Guide. I only purchased the DA, is that something I should have? Also, is Division == BP ?
beetle496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 06:23 AM   #3
WTFGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magesmiley View Post
So, having perused the designs in the 6E Vehicle Guide.
Did your guide come with your mats, or in a 3rd shipment?
WTFGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 10:26 AM   #4
Magesmiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle496 View Post
Thank you for your close review of this.

Seems like wheel guard/hubs should be compatible with upgraded wheels. Is that the mistake made w/ Pure Energy?

I had forgotten about the Vehicle Guide. I only purchased the DA, is that something I should have? Also, is Division == BP ?
Guards and Hubs are just general Upgrades (no sub-type), so one can use those with any wheel upgrade.

Pure Energy has both High-Density Radials and Airless Tires.

The Vehicle Guide did not come with the DA set - it was in the DA Upgrade though.

Old 10-23-2021, 10:27 AM   #5
Magesmiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFGamer View Post
Did your guide come with your mats, or in a 3rd shipment?
It came with my non-mat W23 shipped items.

Old 10-24-2021, 12:42 PM   #6
beetle496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magesmiley View Post
Pure Energy has both High-Density Radials and Airless Tires.
Agreed, those seem incompatible.
Quote:
The Vehicle Guide did not come with the DA set - it was in the DA Upgrade though.
I got the KS “Upgraded Pledge” which is DA plus two playmats. I got an (automated) email this week about “Playmat #1/#3 Combo” and “Uncle Al's Upgrade Pack” being in the mail.

Is the Vehicle Guide part of that? Is the Vehicle Guild paper? For some reason, I thought it was PDF only. I cannot find it mentioned on Warehouse 23. Now that I thought to look, I do see the Vehicle Guide mentioned on the KS CW page, but only in the context of Stretch Goals adding designs. I feel like I being a bit dense…
Old 10-24-2021, 12:49 PM   #7
baakyocalder

Quote:
Agreed, those seem incompatible.

I got the KS “Upgraded Pledge” which is DA plus two playmats. I got an (automated) email this week about “Playmat #1/#3 Combo” and “Uncle Al's Upgrade Pack” being in the mail.

Is the Vehicle Guide part of that? Is the Vehicle Guild paper? For some reason, I thought it was PDF only. I cannot find it mentioned on Warehouse 23. Now that I thought to look, I do see the Vehicle Guide mentioned on the KS CW page, but only in the context of Stretch Goals adding designs. I feel like I being a bit dense…
The Vehicle Guide is supposed to be in paper and has not yet been made available in PDF. It's an add-on, so it should come with the add-ons shipment, which is a different shipment from playmats shipment and Double Ace shipment. It should add a lot to the game, as I have miniatures sets 2 and 4 coming with it and got a game in with friends using the premade car mats and have been testing out builds using those mats.

Being a game, there's usually errata but it sounds like most of this can be fixed. Pure Energy could have a different upgrade so it doesn't have two tire upgrades. . .

Waiting For: Schedule Sanity to Play Car Wars and my Fnordcon special alt Car Wars cards!
baakyocalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 12:53 PM   #8
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
If you didn't select the add-on in BackerKit, and if you didn't select the package that included the book in BackerKit, then the Vehicle Guide is not a part of your rewards.

I recommend checking your BackerKit survey if you wonder what items you selected. That's the best way to get an itemized list of your rewards.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 01:39 PM   #9
beetle496

Thanks @PhilReed , with your prompting I was able to log into Backer Kit, something I had forgotten all about. (This was my first KS.) I found a couple PDFs waiting there for me, so that was nice!

Sadly, I find there: You did not add any add-ons.

Will the Vehicle Guide be coming to Warehouse 23?
Old 10-24-2021, 02:35 PM   #10
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Will the Vehicle Guide be coming to Warehouse 23?
We're not yet ready to release the Vehicle Guide. We'll have news in the future.

http://www.sjgames.com/fnordcon/
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote