Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 10-11-2021, 10:23 AM   #11
chrisemsd

Default Re: Pre-Orders at Warehouse 23

For approximately how long will Pre-ordering be available?

I understand that Pre-orders won’t ship until 2022 after KS fulfillment has been completed.

Do we have until shortly before Pre-order shipping begins to place our order or will Pre-orders be closed sometime before then? I am asking for expense budgeting/scheduling and which credit card to charge it on reasons.

Last edited by chrisemsd; 10-12-2021 at 09:06 AM. Reason: typo
chrisemsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 04:29 PM   #12
beetle496

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatDeath View Post
BTW, the rules box, on preorder, is only $9 more than a dice set, and you get a lot more stuff. Having extra premade record sheets may be particularly useful, because of the way they're laid out. If you're buying an extra dice set, strongly consider getting an extra rules box instead.
I will be ordering the rules box sooner than later. I want to be able to have four strangers fighting very quickly. Here are the six cars available, every one pick one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatDeath View Post
Can't speak for Phil, but as I understand it, there is no easy way to break components out of the packages they come in and sell them separately.
I remember that discussion from two years ago. It made sense to me then. But now that I have the DA in my hands, Mini 1/2/3/4 each coming with a couple dashboards seems like a no-brainer.
Quote:
Right now, every dashboard that exists is in a Minis A or Minis B box. Selling them separately or rebundling them would require having people manually open the Minis A and B boxes in the warehouse, and manually split them up and recombine them with Minis 1, 2, 3, and 4 boxes. On top of the manpower required, this would render the affected Minis A and B boxes unsellable in their current form.
I am not suggesting opening boxes! I am recommending SJG print up a bunch more Dashboards. They are nice, but it is just card stock. Sell separately for $10 a piece, and/or bundle with Minis 2 and 4.
beetle496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 09:03 AM   #13
beetle496

I just (pre)ordered a rules box! I am looking forward to having all twelve Player Record Sheets available. The extra dice, the main attraction no doubt, will be nice too!

Now that I am starting to sort and organize my cards, the decision for this game to be for four players maximum is making more sense to me. Lots and lots of games are limited to four-players. So that is not a big deal, and thinking back, I probably only played with more than three other people a few times, and maybe that was only at conventions?

That said, being limited to four cars is still bugging me. Back in the day, I am sure we had more than four cars at the table for the majority of our games. Once I have those extras PRS, I am really going to feel the pain of not having SJG support for two-player three-on-three car action!

@PhilReed — please reconsider your decision to only make the Dashboards available as part of the two-player sets.
Old 10-23-2021, 03:36 PM   #14
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Pre-orders close on November 8th.

http://www.warehouse23.com/products?...D=558399748-sb
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 05:19 AM   #15
beetle496

Thanks for letting us know about the firm date!

Is it expected that the playmats will be available from Warehouse 23? I am not seeing those listed, and (aside from the extra Rules Box) I think that is the product I am most interested in the short term. OTOH, more Road Tiles would also be nice…

Last edited by beetle496; 10-24-2021 at 12:56 PM. Reason: replace playmat comment with question
Old 10-26-2021, 02:56 PM   #16
beetle496

Yesterday, @PhilReed posted few more details on the Daily Illuminator.
Old 11-06-2021, 05:00 AM   #17
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Pre-orders close Monday.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 10:53 PM   #18
JimTullis

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle496 View Post
Is it expected that the playmats will be available from Warehouse 23? I am not seeing those listed, and (aside from the extra Rules Box) I think that is the product I am most interested in the short term. OTOH, more Road Tiles would also be nice…
I'd like to get another of Mat 1.

I'd also like to set up an in person Mat Swap at a con. The registration on my mats is over an inch off, in order to connect the art of either of Mat 2 or 3 to Mat 1 the non-parking-lot Mat needs to be slid about an inch and a half down. The whites on Mat 2 are also very bright compared to the other two, but I could have put up with that. Also, neither 2 nor 3 can be visually connected to the Left side of 1, so I can't build a mat with two sets of roads meeting in a central parking lot. It is very frustrating.
JimTullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 09:25 AM   #19
beetle496

@JimTullis, please double check that your are lining up the correct sides. See this illustration of the Car Wars Geomorphing Playmats.
Old 11-07-2021, 09:45 AM   #20
JimTullis

I tried to make the bottom right three-mat layout from the "Geomorphing" graphic from the June 16th Daily Illuminator. I lined up the mats in 1-2-3 order with the Logos in the lower right corners as shown on the graphic. Mats 2 & 3 line up ok. But in order to get the "crosswalk" graphics to line up between Mats 1 & 2, Mat 2 has to be shifted down about an inch & a half. The whites on Mat 2 are also way brighter than on either of the other mats.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...106_144259.jpg
JimTullis is offline   Reply With Quote