Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-30-2023, 05:01 PM   #21
DuncanWatson

Default Re: Is it written in the books somewhere that players should be aware of their ruling

Like many here, my feelings are this is part of the social contract of playing a ttrpg. I do talk about this in my Session 0s which is part of my responsibility as a GM.

I do like how GCS in particular does put source book and page attached to skills, spells, traits, etc. I also try to make certain things simple since I am working with new to GURPS players. But there is a lot to cover.

I also write introduction documents that cover what supplements and rules I am using. But I am a planner and the kind of GM who will document that all upfront. I am comfortable with taking the greater load and letting my players focus on the narrow parts of world that is their character.

In a New to GURPS GM and Player situation that balance may be tilted.

I also have the same exceptions as ericthered mentioned. New Players and boundry pushers. I also expect boundry pushers to be very careful about following the rules. If they are trying a crazy build and expecting rules rulings to be flexible and always their way then we will be talking one-on-one.
DuncanWatson is offline   Reply With Quote