Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > The Gnomes of Zurich > Gamer Finder

Old 02-06-2012, 05:20 AM   #1
mehrkat

Default In Austin TX: Existing Gurps group needs 1 or 2 more

Hi All,

I have an existing GURPS group that really needs one or two more players. Our game takes place in North Austin pretty close to I-35 and Howard so travel to that area has to be feasible for you.

We currently meet every other Friday night though there is some discussion of having an alternate game the other Friday night. We start at 7:30 and we end at about 12 to 12:30.

I am currently running a Fantasy game set in the post-apocalyptic remains of a Steampunk world. There is some discussion of a different apocalyptic game by one of the other players as a short game.
The games I create are generally designed to be run in 9 to 12 months every other week. When we need another "slot" filled I put out a voting system and the players decide which game to vote on.

As a GM I don't look up rules during the game if I don't know a rule I wing it. I'm big on fun and flow and if your character prevents fun we'll work together to bring it back for everyone. I'm not perfect and if I somehow let you create a character that isn't effective I will also work with you to make it affective. I've been game mastering games since I was about 10 years old (so darn it 30 years now) but I'm a little new to GURPS.

Our current players are two single guys and 3 attached men but we are open to anybody over 18 of either gender. If you are interested send me a pm w/your email address and a little info about you and we can email back and forth some info about the game.

Note alternately if you are looking for a game for your child under 18 and are willing to host if I run a game for myself and my son and you and yours hit me up too.

Note: I reposted this with the location in the subject line.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
mehrkat

Default Re: In Austin TX: Existing Gurps group needs 1 or 2 more

It appears I'm full up at the moment if all the current players work out. Wish me luck.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
Buzzardo

Sorry I missed this. I live on Scofield Ridge Pkwy. :)

Oh, well. Next time.

In the interim, best of luck with your group.
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #4
lenerd

Buzzardo, are you still looking for GURPS players? I'd like to play in a DF every other Friday. I've played for several years but just recently picked it up again.
lenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 02:07 PM   #5
softwarejanitor

Been a few years since this was posted... Still running GURPS in North Austin area? I'm between Pflugerville and North Austin.
softwarejanitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:50 AM   #6
mehrkat

replying through private message. Quick update. Still running game only occasionally have a spot.

Tags
austin, fantasy, player