Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2020, 09:19 AM   #271
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll go with until Thursday evening.

Is stashing the drugs in Botha's locker a gimmie or should I roll now?

roll at -2 for improvised tools.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 10:34 AM   #272
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Ok, roll housekeeping, first aid, hazardous materials (chemical) or some other appropriate skill to identify a safe one on board, or use suggestion to obtain one medically.
[163] 20-11-06 18:33:34 CET

First Aid to identify a diuretic (or similar)

3d6 <= 15
1 + 5 + 6 = 12 ... success

Hopefully that is sufficient for Day to identify something appropriate.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 10:56 AM   #273
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
roll at -2 for improvised tools.
Alright. Opening the locker:
Quote:
[164] 20-11-06 18:54:41 CET
Lockpicking - 2
3d6 <= 12 : 2 + 2 + 6 = 10 ... success
Hide the narcotics in there:
Quote:
[165] 20-11-06 18:55:28 CET
Camouflage
3d6 <= 16 : 6 + 6 + 3 = 15 ... success
More observation rolls for Wed and Thurs?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 04:04 PM   #274
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
[163] 20-11-06 18:33:34 CET

First Aid to identify a diuretic (or similar)

3d6 <= 15
1 + 5 + 6 = 12 ... success

Hopefully that is sufficient for Day to identify something appropriate.
Great. You identify a pill in one of the public first aid kits meant for treating poison. Normally, such a medicine would treat vomiting, but this specific drug is designed to NOT counter the psi-suppresseant, and manifests itself as lots and lots of stool as the body quickly vents the system.

What area of the ship will he be targeting with the mind bombs? What will be be disguising himself as? (his uniform has his cover name on it).
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
More observation rolls for Wed and Thurs?
No, the first observation roll works for the whole period.

The drugs are in the locker. Hua doesn't think that Tie Pie saw anything suspicious. Will Hua be doing anything to cause those drugs to be discovered?

Will Hua be meeting with Daymar before or after she tries to get access to the kitchen?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:15 AM   #275
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Great. You identify a pill in one of the public first aid kits meant for treating poison. Normally, such a medicine would treat vomiting, but this specific drug is designed to NOT counter the psi-suppresseant, and manifests itself as lots and lots of stool as the body quickly vents the system.

What area of the ship will he be targeting with the mind bombs? What will be be disguising himself as? (his uniform has his cover name on it).
Day will try to steal a uniform of an off-duty crew member, disguise himself to match, and then target the recreation deck. After administering the pill to Pothi and waiting for it to take effect, he'll quickly apply his disguise, and spend no more than a few minutes there, picking out about half a dozen random crew members (whoever he has the opportunity to make contact with, including a security officer if there's one present) before hurrying back to comfort his partern.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 09:48 AM   #276
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Will Hua be doing anything to cause those drugs to be discovered?

Will Hua be meeting with Daymar before or after she tries to get access to the kitchen?
I won't draw attention to it. It'll probably lead to questions about the filler anyway. If I weren't concerned about the narcotics being detected in reprocessing I would have flushed it.

I'll try to get access to the kitchen before meeting Day.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 09:02 AM   #277
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Day will try to steal a uniform of an off-duty crew member, disguise himself to match, and then target the recreation deck. After administering the pill to Pothi and waiting for it to take effect, he'll quickly apply his disguise, and spend no more than a few minutes there, picking out about half a dozen random crew members (whoever he has the opportunity to make contact with, including a security officer if there's one present) before hurrying back to comfort his partern.
I assume you mean deck 12, which was barbers, quarter master stores, the laundry, and so forth.


How will Day steal the uniform? from a locker? from that one non-regulation guy in your bunkroom who stores it at the foot of his bed? from a random bunkroom outside your section?



What sort of disguise kit will he have access to? that probably requires a scrounging roll to get the right sort of effect out of the various substances from around the ship.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I won't draw attention to it. It'll probably lead to questions about the filler anyway. If I weren't concerned about the narcotics being detected in reprocessing I would have flushed it.

I'll try to get access to the kitchen before meeting Day.

Ok, I thought you were trying to get rid of your albatross, but simply deflecting attention works as well.



Hua has identified a time when the kitchen staff take a break. Usually in the mess hall with everyone else. It gives you a little under an hour to do your thing.



What's the plan for ditching Botha?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 11:47 AM   #278
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Ok, I thought you were trying to get rid of your albatross, but simply deflecting attention works as well.
Maybe I'm being over-charitable to the security but I figure they would figure out something's up in a day or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua has identified a time when the kitchen staff take a break. Usually in the mess hall with everyone else. It gives you a little under an hour to do your thing.

What's the plan for ditching Botha?
I assume my slip out of bed strategy won't work. I'll also assume I can't rollback and keep one pill to slip into Botha's drink or something.

What's the policy about buddies if they get injured or something?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 12:28 PM   #279
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Maybe I'm being over-charitable to the security but I figure they would figure out something's up in a day or two.
Finding out which of 2,000 military personnel stole some drugs is a difficult task, and an active war moves it down the totem pole somewhat... though there was (and is) a reaction, its just not to immediately search 2000 lockers.


Quote:
I'll also assume I can't rollback and keep one pill to slip into Botha's drink or something.
Make an IQ roll to see if you had that thought in advance and I'll let you do it. We're playing awesome action heroes here, and that's a cool idea.



Quote:
I assume my slip out of bed strategy won't work.
Not unless you've getting out of bed for three days to observe the cooks on that schedule. Which is an option, but something that should be played out and has a chance to go awry.



Quote:
What's the policy about buddies if they get injured or something?
They swap you around. You may end up with a new buddy, you may end up in a team of three. It stays within the section, and USUALLY stays within the shift. It often doesn't stay within the bunk-room.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 02:39 PM   #280
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I assume you mean deck 12, which was barbers, quarter master stores, the laundry, and so forth.

How will Day steal the uniform? from a locker? from that one non-regulation guy in your bunkroom who stores it at the foot of his bed? from a random bunkroom outside your section?

What sort of disguise kit will he have access to? that probably requires a scrounging roll to get the right sort of effect out of the various substances from around the ship.
If Day can lift a uniform from the laundry, that would be ideal. Here are some rolls to try to get things moving:

[166] 20-11-09 22:34:42 CET

Scrounging for improvised Disguise kit

14 <= 14 I screwed up and didn't put dice in. See below for the actual roll!
14 ... success

[167] 20-11-09 22:36:01 CET

Scrounging for improvised Disguise kit

3d6 <= 14
1 + 2 + 6 = 9 ... success

[168] 20-11-09 22:37:00 CET

Stealth to get into the laundry unobserved

3d6 <= 14
1 + 3 + 6 = 10 ... success

[169] 20-11-09 22:37:46 CET

Filch to dose Pothi's food

3d6 <= 13
4 + 1 + 4 = 9 ... success

[170] 20-11-09 22:38:29 CET

Disguise

3d6 <= 14
4 + 4 + 6 = 14 ... success - not sure how convincing this disguise will be, since I assume there will be penalties for the improvised kit...but he's not too concerned about being identified as a specific other person, just that he won't be easily identified as him.

Let me know if what I've done is okay, and then I'll proceed with the Mental Surgery rolls.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.