Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #71
Dalillama

Default Re: [IC] In Nomine -- The Redemption of Eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygal View Post
Naomi giggles cheerfully at the sad-looking bird, and at the mental image of a bird attempting to hold a cell phone in it's wing and talk into it, then smiles gently at her.

(to Soma) "I'm sure our friendly local Lightning Servitor can get you a mobile cheap, if not free, if you'd like one."

(grins and winks at Baz) "Right?"
"Oh, sure, I know some electronics recycling places in town that'll let me dig through their donation boxes. I sometimes need to grab 2 or 3 to get all working components, but that's easy enough. Service is another question, of course, but we have soem options there as well. Avaria, I might be able to make a headset that would fit on you, but Soma will probably have to carry the actual phone. On the other hand, if I took a little longer, I might be able to arrange the components on a harness of some kind..." He trails off and begins muttering to himself and sketching out odd patterns in the air with his hands.

EDIT: Baz continues muttering for several more seconds, apparently ignoring the body flying past him. Seeming to reach some kind of conclusion, he looks up and sees the newcomer. "When did you get here?"

Last edited by Dalillama; 09-01-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:57 PM   #72
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknop View Post
You hear a whirring sound behind you getting louder. Before you know how to react to it, there is a sudden explosion of a leaf rustling sound, and out of the bushes behind you there bursts a skateboard, followed shortly by a thin, young black man screaming "Whooo hooooooo!"

Man and skateboard fly through the air, landing just in front of the picnic tables you're sitting at. The skateboard flips up and comes to rest against the table, and the man lands butt-first in the grass.
Soma screams and jumps out of the way of the perceived danger. Avaria flies off, startled.

Quote:
"Rudy!" The man exclaims, looking at Rhoda. "Who are your friends?"
Soma is sitting in the grass staring at the newcomer with her mouth open, she is in shock
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:10 PM   #73
Andygal

Naomi stiffens at the noise, then nearly falls over, startled, as the man lands in front of the tables.

She yelps, her accent heavier then usual "Oy, bloody maniac! Wha'dya think you're doing?"

She takes several long, deep breaths to calm down.
Andygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #74
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
You hear a whirring sound behind you getting louder. Before you know how to react to it, there is a sudden explosion of a leaf rustling sound, and out of the bushes behind you there bursts a skateboard, followed shortly by a thin, young black man screaming "Whooo hooooooo!"

Man and skateboard fly through the air, landing just in front of the picnic tables you're sitting at. The skateboard flips up and comes to rest against the table, and the man lands butt-first in the grass.

"Rudy!" The man exclaims, looking at Rhoda. "Who are your friends?"
Rudy stops in the midst of her dance and laughs long and loud. "I keep telling you, Thes, leave the showing off to the people who can handle it!" She turns to the others. "Ladies and gentlemen," she says to the other angels, "this is Thessin, a fellow 'Wreath' ... and the second-best bicycle rider in San Francisco." She tips the black man a quick wink. "Thes, this is H.R., Baz, Soma, Naomi and Avaria."

All of a sudden, she stops in mid-sentence as though hearing unspoken words. "Hi, Polly," she says softly to the air. "Sorry to bother you -- just wondered if you knew where Euodias is today." She turns to the young black man. "That goes for you, too, buddy -- seen any Bright sights while spinning your Wheels?"

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #75
Acolyte

Heb Rhoneniel does not pet the bird, but nods gravely at the Reliever in welcome, with only very marginally less respect than he delivered to the rest of the angels.

He listens carefully to the demonstrations given by Baz. When he accepts the phone back, he holds it with marginally less distaste.

"Thank you for your assistance, and for adding in the functionality that will allow me to contact you as well. If we do as Rhoda suggests and separate, these devices may prove extremely useful in keeping together." He looks around at the group. "However, I think it extremely inadvisable that we do so, at least completely. No angel on so sensitive and vital a mission should operate alone, I believe. As we number five, splitting into a pair and a triad" (he pronounces the word without capitalization) "makes the most sense. Obviously we should maximize the abilities in each group, so the three Mercurians should not travel together as one uni--"

Heb Rhoneniel pauses as the man explodes from the bush, watches the affair calmly, waits until the uproar subsides, picks a bit of destroyed foliage off his sweater, drops it to the ground, and continues. "--unit. I think it most logical for Rhoda to lead one team and I the other, unless circumstances dictate our resonances would be best applied together. Would that we had one of the Powers to better analyze these things."

He nods to Thes. "Thessin, well met. I hope your credentials are indeed as prestigious as Rhoda says," he adds, glancing sidelong at Rudy. Was that a condemnation for her potential lie? A look of gratitude for her saying his full name? A joke? With his steady tone and plodding talking speed, it's impossible to tell.

He looks around the air for the being to which Rudy is now talking.

[[OOC: 12 Perception say what?]]
Old 09-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #76
rknop

[[OOC: 12 Perception say what?]][/QUOTE]

You are pretty sure there's nobody new she could be talking to, other than the ofanite who crashed in on the skateboard. Just the five of you, him, and of course the bushes, trees, and some flowers that are around the edge of the field, including the ones nearby that the ofanite crashed through.
rknop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:01 PM   #77
Rocket Man

"Sorry, H.R. -- I forgot to introduce you to my other friend," Rudy says as she watches him glance around bewildered. "Or should that be friends?"

She gestures around the flowers and plants with one hand -- "Guys, somewhere around here is Pollofyto; I call her Polly for short. She lives in the park ... well, pretty much is the park, to tell you the truth. With a Kyrio of Flowers, it's hard to tell the difference sometimes. She's good at mindspeaking, which is what she was doing when the Flying Wonder here arrived." She reaches down to help her fellow Ofanite to his feet.

Last edited by Rocket Man; 09-01-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #78
rknop

Thiessin takes Rudy's hand and stands up.

"Hey, all! Welcome to the Tether. So, you want to chat with Euodias, eh? She's around here somewhere. Though, I guess if Rudy's been talking to Pollo, the word's out."

"So what brings you all here?"
rknop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #79
Rocket Man

"Something a little faster-moving than usual, Mr. T.," she tells him with a chuckle. "One of you guys mind summing up for a minute? Looks like I've got a little more to do."

As the rest of the group fills Thiessen in, Rudy pats him on the back and begins cleaning up the area while waiting for the Bright to show. Weeds, stray cans ... if it's out of place and not too far from the rest of the group, she picks it up and places it in a bag she keeps handy.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #80
Andygal

Naomi sighs slightly as the guy-on-skateboard is introduced, then smiles somewhat wanly and says "Hello Thessin, it's <quick glance at H.R>...interesting to meet you."

as Polly is introduced she chuckles ruefully and says "Kyrios are interesting that way....hello to you too Pollofyto."
Andygal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eli, in nomine, net play, pbp