Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #21
RobKamm

Default Re: Posting GM Notes Experiment

Thanks Dan, the good news is that very soon GCCOI will become a piece of gaming lore. Like gazebos.

For those who are still interested: ArneJ came up with a solution that totally escaped me. I'll be looking into it further, because it was really simple and even my brain could wrap around it (it involved adding five # 's to the .css file). It is now working on my installation of FF. So, no more alternate stylesheet.
RobKamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #22
arnej

Default Re: Posting GM Notes Experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobKamm View Post
Has anyone else done anything like this? Care to share the highlights?
In my old Alterra campaign, I tried to keep track of a bunch of things for the players on the web site. I had a place to track NPCs (what the PCs knew of them, anyways), places they'd been, what I saw as "Dangling Plot Threads", as well as a timeline of what happened. It worked pretty well, but I think I tried to tackle too big a scope (three separate arcs - a war, intrigue in town, and mystery on the high seas; any one of which would have been sufficient for a long campaign), and the campaign lost steam in the midst of the vastness.

After reading some of the gaming blogs, I think it would have been fun and useful to include GM asides in the timeline ("Wow! I didn't see that coming!" or "Wow! Why didn't they see that coming!") This was years ago, and I think were I running a game now, that my style would be very different, and would lend itself more towards a GM-Notes style.

I've found that reading someone else's game can work if done right. The GM is in the best place to put it down so it reads well, and sometimes the insights the GM shares can really pull it together. Keep up the good work!

arnej
arnej is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cabaret chicks on ice