Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Board and Dice Games

Old 07-18-2022, 11:43 AM   #1
HunterS
Marketing Director

Default Pathfinder Revolution! Live on Kickstarter

Our new edition of the classic Revolution! is now funding on Kickstarter! Pathfinder Revolution! mixes the original game, plus expansion content and new stuff, with the world of Pathfinder. Check it out!
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 09:55 AM   #2
sir-talen

Default Re: Pathfinder Revolution! Live on Kickstarter

So is anyone disconcerted by the fact that the Kickstarter is nearing its conclusion and it hasn't met goal yet? I'm used to even the most ambitious KS campaigns SJG have done (Ogre, TFT, Car Wars) meeting their goals in hours. Unless there's a massive number of people bookmarking this who will pledge in the last three days, PR may be the first one they've ever done that doesn't meet its goal.

I suspect a couple of reasons:

1. Lack of stretch goals. The only one is the 5-6 players content, and that's "meh" at best. No improved components, no add-on expansions, ect. No massive amount of stuff coming in a huge box like Ogre, Car Wars, TFT, or even Munchkin Shakespeare

2. Lack of International Support. This may be a big part of it. I can't blame SJG for avoiding international shipping woes. Even before Covid it could be a nightmare. But losing over 3/4's of the world potential population for supporters is a blow no matter how you look at it.

I'm still supporting this project and hope it meets its goal, but I'm not confident at this point.

Edit And as of 12:30 EST the campaign is cancelled. Guess I wasn't the only one who was worried

Last edited by sir-talen; 07-28-2022 at 10:44 AM.
sir-talen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 11:12 AM   #3
SID

I was up for this campaign too, and I was very excited about it. After international support was left out, at least several people I know decided not to pledge. Of course, they arenīt the global market, but this doesnīt seem like a coincidence either. Have you tried checking in the forums for solutions to overcome this matter?
Old 08-16-2022, 02:00 AM   #4
RogerBW

They really, really have. See for example https://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=183265 . I don't mean to shut you down, but there's been a lot of previous discussion about this and some of your suggestions may have been answered already.
RogerBW is online now   Reply With Quote