Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2022, 04:00 PM   #1651
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Deck 1 is empty, though verifying that takes time.
Well let's empty deck 1 of air and continue heading downwards with operation mop-up.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 03:20 AM   #1652
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The sergant tries to dodge. Make an unarmed attack roll or DX roll.
OOC: I believe this is my first combat roll in the game.

[1183] 22-11-07 11:20:08 CET

Judo

3d6 <= 14
4 + 4 + 3 = 11 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 11:04 AM   #1653
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
OOC: I believe this is my first combat roll in the game.
Well done then.



The sergant completely fails in his attempt to dodge (critical failure). Daymar grabs his wrist, and a certain something of mind control passes between them.



sergeant: "Is it going to be that awkward converting everyone on this ship?"



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica signals for action; she allows for her ally take action almost a split second before her and make an opening for her exposition sense to trigger. Is the door simply ajar or is there something else waiting for them?*

OOC: I want to avoid touching a rigged door*
Hide, you can literally sense what's on the other side of each door.



The big security memory hits the door with his weight, but it doesn't shut all the way: he didn't push the three others.



Make your own roll to shut your door.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well let's empty deck 1 of air and continue heading downwards with operation mop-up.
Alright.



Deck three is interesting, of course, because its part of the transportation system. Any particular tweaks to the plan to flush the decks in light of how key deck three is to travel?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 12:22 PM   #1654
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Alright.

Deck three is interesting, of course, because its part of the transportation system. Any particular tweaks to the plan to flush the decks in light of how key deck three is to travel?
Right. The plan is to evacuate air from the compartments that are unrelated to transport (i.e. the messes, turrets, hydrogen bricks), while leaving the areas key to transportation (loading bay floor, the compartments along the way to the Block H elevators, the compartments that hold the block C elevators, possibly the compartments with the block A elevators) habitable. Three pairs of guards can be left behind to ensure that nobody hides in this area. Maybe leave one bathroom compartment open for sanitation.

Last edited by TGLS; 11-07-2022 at 12:25 PM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 12:07 PM   #1655
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hide, you can literally sense what's on the other side of each door. The big security memory hits the door with his weight, but it doesn't shut all the way: he didn't push the three others. Make your own roll to shut your door.
OOC:

Letís see, I have these impressions:

If Pacifica can see what is going on, she should have noticed that there was someone -ready to hold the door- and signaled it before the execution; since Pacifica's team priority is blocking/closing the doors, the other crewmen must have helped close the door on her mark.

With the door ajar, not fully open, there should have been an advantage on our side: Pacifica sees them, but they do not see us clearly, we have guns and they do not (IMO it is unlikely somebody will push the door open lacking guns), and so on.

On the other hand, what I recall from the previous post is that there were 3 people in each room, but not that all of them were at the doors. And I think they would be in formation to come out (ready to ambush) and not to hold the door; they think they can ambush us, but they wonít, and this should spoil their plan to some degree.

Could you revise the events?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 03:29 AM   #1656
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post

The sergant completely fails in his attempt to dodge (critical failure). Daymar grabs his wrist, and a certain something of mind control passes between them.

sergeant: "Is it going to be that awkward converting everyone on this ship?"
"Not generally, you're the first who has made it that challenging. Now we need to help convince your men where their loyalties should lie."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 08:05 AM   #1657
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
If Pacifica can see what is going on, she should have noticed that there was someone -ready to hold the door- and signaled it before the execution; since Pacifica's team priority is blocking/closing the doors, the other crewmen must have helped close the door on her mark.
I said there were three people standing over the threshold of the door. So she did notice.
Quote:
With the door ajar, not fully open, there should have been an advantage on our side: Pacifica sees them, but they do not see us clearly, we have guns and they do not (IMO it is unlikely somebody will push the door open lacking guns), and so on.
For this, the guns aren't relevant: you're sneaking, so they don't know about the guns. Yes, they aren't aware so there should be an advantage... your guy had a pretty terrible roll.

Quote:
On the other hand, what I recall from the previous post is that there were 3 people in each room, but not that all of them were at the doors. And I think they would be in formation to come out (ready to ambush) and not to hold the door; they think they can ambush us, but they won’t, and this should spoil their plan to some degree.
All of them are "at the doors", just one in each room is "over the threshold". May I emphasize: your guy rolled a 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Right. The plan is to evacuate air from the compartments that are unrelated to transport (i.e. the messes, turrets, hydrogen bricks), while leaving the areas key to transportation (loading bay floor, the compartments along the way to the Block H elevators, the compartments that hold the block C elevators, possibly the compartments with the block A elevators) habitable. Three pairs of guards can be left behind to ensure that nobody hides in this area. Maybe leave one bathroom compartment open for sanitation.

Alright, that works. Hua's team sweeps deck three. Is Hua sweeping the hole deck or just the parts behind the wall of locked doors?


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
"Not generally, you're the first who has made it that challenging. Now we need to help convince your men where their loyalties should lie."
Sergant: "You mean get them to touch you. Without a general riot."

"That all depends on how fast you want to do it. Don't you have a plan?"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 11-09-2022 at 08:09 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 08:23 AM   #1658
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
All of them are "at the doors", just one in each room is "over the threshold". May I emphasize: your guy rolled a 15.
I understand that part, but it should be 3 VS 1 in the first push, or at least 2 VS 1. Pacifica's team prepared this in advance.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 08:41 AM   #1659
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Alright, that works. Hua's team sweeps deck three. Is Hua sweeping the hole deck or just the parts behind the wall of locked doors?
Well, this is the deck with the fewest problems crossing the wall so I say we sweep the whole deck. Better inspect that hole too; any damage goes on the capture report.

After this deck, might as well continue without disturbing the wall, then going on to the other after clearing.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 03:19 PM   #1660
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Sergant: "You mean get them to touch you. Without a general riot."

"That all depends on how fast you want to do it. Don't you have a plan?"
"Of course I do. I would like you to invite them, in pairs, to be briefed on our situation. We'll find somewhere private to do so, my guards will help ensure they don't make a fuss, and then we'll continue on until everyone is on the same page."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.