Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Card Games

Old 11-14-2014, 03:50 AM   #1
theEinari

Default Knightmare chess multi-player variants

Hi, I just wanted to ask about multi-player variants in knightmare chess. At http://www.sjgames.com/knightmare/multiplayer.html
you can see the setup for the 3 and 4 player boards but they dont match discriptions.

In 3 player version discription says:"Red and Black each have ten pieces: four Pawns, two Bishops, one each of Knight, Rook, Queen, and King." but on board you can see six pawns and no bishops on red and black

In 4 player team variation discription says:"Each of the four sides (White, Black, Red, Brown) has nine pieces: one King, one Queen, one Rook, one Knight, one Bishop, and four pawns." but on board there is five pawns each and no bishops.

Any idea how you should set up these variants, which pawns should be replaced with bishops?
theEinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:57 PM   #2
d3games.com

Default Re: Knightmare chess multi-player variants

I believe the bishops are C1 & C2 and F1 & F2 for 3 player.

And C1, C8, F1, F8 for 4 player, but I may be way off.

Edit: Seems to be right for 3 player as Steffan's 3 player variant appears here.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:38 AM   #3
theEinari

Thanks. The 3 player seems to be working.

I was thinking the same c1 c8 f1 f8 for 4 players but was thinking is there a simple way to get both light and dark squared bishop for both teams. Since teams are white-red vs black brown the c1 c8 f1 f8 would leave white-red team with 2 bishops on light squares and black-brown team with 2 bishops on dark squares.
theEinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 02:48 PM   #4
d3games.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEinari View Post
Thanks. The 3 player seems to be working.

I was thinking the same c1 c8 f1 f8 for 4 players but was thinking is there a simple way to get both light and dark squared bishop for both teams. Since teams are white-red vs black brown the c1 c8 f1 f8 would leave white-red team with 2 bishops on light squares and black-brown team with 2 bishops on dark squares.
The 4 player variant is based off of: http://www.chessvariants.org/multipl...ir/corner.html

In that variant, players can choose where to place their bishops...but that's all I got for you!

Tags
knightmare chess, multi-player