Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2007, 03:38 AM   #41
alangriffith
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Default Re: Things to do in Heaven when you're dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria
Just for the record, that doesn't mean that they aren't Satanists. The actual recognized form of Satanism doesn't believe in Satan.
And the self-proclaimed nazis are still nazi's, they just don't believe in Hitler's version (or claim not to)

Quote:
The name was picked to generate publicity and be controversial.
That was my point. The self-proclaimed nazis also call themselves nazis for publicity and cotroversy. The alternatives are the ones like the BNP who claim to be 'nationalists' to avoid said controversy.

I never claimed satanists who do not believe in satan are not actually satanists, my point was that satanists and nazis both deliberately choose names which deliberately imply something contraversial, then turn around and say 'but I don;t believe in that' when christians, jews or muslims (for satanists) or war veterans and jews (for nazis) tackle them on it.

Coming up next, Jesusism - a new religion which doesn;t believe in jesus. :-P
alangriffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:45 AM   #42
Moe Lane
 
Moe Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Default Re: Things to do in Heaven when you're dead

"Wow, that's great. You spend the last several days holding Edson's Ridge. You take a bullet to the brain. Do you get any rest? Do they give you leave? Nope, straight to guard duty. Maybe you can at least draw react team or something. I hope you at least get liberty in heaven."

Yes, but you don't get tired, your feet don't hurt, the beer only intoxicates you if you let it, and every woman that you'll see will be smoking hot. Am I leaving anything out?
__________________
Moe Lane



Moe Lane.com
Moe Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:46 PM   #43
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants
 
sir_pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ventura CA
Default Re: Things to do in Heaven when you're dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Lane
Yes, but you don't get tired, your feet don't hurt, the beer only intoxicates you if you let it, and every woman that you'll see will be smoking hot. Am I leaving anything out?
Man that's worse than Hell! I'll be on guard duty forever, waiting for relief to show up from another branch (which apparently may never come, since Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen all get discharged from duty with death) with no libbo or hope thereof. All the time knowing that if I actually got relieved I'll be in a paradise of hot women and free beer. It's worse than Tantalus, man. How come they don't tell you about this !@#% when you sign your contract? $!*%ing recruiters.

What I still don't get is why we are all on guard duty all the time? Since Nov. 10 1775 I'd think enough hard-charging leathernecks have passed on to our final duty station, that they'd be able to split us into watches or something. I wouldn't mind being on duty every couple of days (or even months since I'm immortal and all) but until the war is over? That's infernal!

EDIT: If I send my essence to Asgard instead, is there any chance that I could get posted to Valhalla, those guys know how to manage a rotation.

Last edited by sir_pudding; 07-17-2007 at 06:55 PM.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:27 PM   #44
jason taylor
 
jason taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Portland, Oregon
Default Re: Things to do in Heaven when you're dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding
Man that's worse than Hell! I'll be on guard duty forever, waiting for relief to show up from another branch (which apparently may never come, since Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen all get discharged from duty with death) with no libbo or hope thereof. All the time knowing that if I actually got relieved I'll be in a paradise of hot women and free beer. It's worse than Tantalus, man. How come they don't tell you about this !@#% when you sign your contract? $!*%ing recruiters.

What I still don't get is why we are all on guard duty all the time? Since Nov. 10 1775 I'd think enough hard-charging leathernecks have passed on to our final duty station, that they'd be able to split us into watches or something. I wouldn't mind being on duty every couple of days (or even months since I'm immortal and all) but until the war is over? That's infernal!

EDIT: If I send my essence to Asgard instead, is there any chance that I could get posted to Valhalla, those guys know how to manage a rotation.
Oh don't worry, the beer only intoxicates if you let it. Therefore you can drink on duty.
As for women, that is a problem as most of the people there are monogamists and married widows would have to decide which husband. So no women for anyone. Tough luck old chap. You do get to have Platonic relationships with women, though. Does that help?
As for Vallhalla, well you have to account for the fact that Loki and the giants will attack and everyone there will die bravely.
However, while you are guarding heaven's streets, your rifle will be light, will never jam and never have to be cleaned. And never run out of ammunition. Your boots will always be polished. And you will get to tell all the old war stories you want and everyone will listen. Of course you have to match war stories with King David, Judah Maccabee, St George, St. Maurice, St. Barbara, Joan the Maid, Don Juan of Austria, Alfred the Great, Sir Galahad, and King Arthur. Hope you can spin as good of yarns.

Last edited by jason taylor; 07-18-2007 at 09:30 PM.
jason taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:35 PM   #45
jason taylor
 
jason taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Portland, Oregon
Default Re: Things to do in Heaven when you're dead

But be of good cheer. St Maurice has a special place in his heart for Marines as all Marines are riflemen and he is the patron of infantry.
jason taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:52 PM   #46
jason taylor
 
jason taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Portland, Oregon
Default Re: Things to do in Heaven when you're dead

Moreover there are no route marches in heaven, all non-coms are polite and considerate, all officers give place in the geedunk line to you, the only journalist there is Ernie Pyle, the only lawyer is Perry Mason and there are no RoEs. And you don't get sued when you get into a brawl. And only the army and the navy have to eat MREs.
jason taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:55 PM   #47
jason taylor
 
jason taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Portland, Oregon
Default Re: Things to do in Heaven when you're dead

Oh and you don't have to worry about people telling you how you should have seen the OLD Marines as you already saw them.
jason taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:08 AM   #48
Blackwing
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Finland
Default Re: Things to do in Heaven when you're dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason taylor
As for women, that is a problem as most of the people there are monogamists and married widows would have to decide which husband.
Oh really? Maybe in your campaign.
__________________
There are no redeeming qualities in this post.
Blackwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:37 PM   #49
tylrlsaa
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Default Re: Things to do in Heaven when you're dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason taylor
As for women, that is a problem as most of the people there are monogamists and married widows would have to decide which husband.
In my limited experience, wedding vows have this particular bit of phrasing. something along the lines of "as long as you both shall live" or "until death do you part", so I don't think the above really applies.
tylrlsaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:01 PM   #50
jason taylor
 
jason taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Portland, Oregon
Default Re: Things to do in Heaven when you're dead

If so, sir pudding doesn't need to worry. But it better not distract him from guarding heaven's streets.
jason taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
heaven

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.