Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-25-2012, 04:28 AM   #21
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)
Default Re: [DF] Pixie Basic Move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PseudoFenton View Post
Of cause, I'm plenty happy to stamp my own vision over DF, and there are some valid arguments for why pixies should 'bounce' (mini hulks being my favourite so far). I'm also liking all of the potential alternative pixie builds people are suggesting, its always fun to see how other people see things. I currently have mine using an alternative to mana dependency anyway (loses FP rather than HP) thanks to Kuroshima, who I really do steal way too much from.
I get a warm feeling when I read this. If I didn't want people to "steal" my ideas, I would not post them! In fact, the worst thing about writing articles, is that it imposes a small barrier of entry on accessing those ideas (but the benefit of them having gone through the whole QA process, and t have them fixed on a more permanent medium more than makes up for it)
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:41 AM   #22
PseudoFenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
I get a warm feeling when I read this. If I didn't want people to "steal" my ideas, I would not post them!
Oh I know, but I do find that we're on similar wavelengths when it comes to things you've produced and things I like - so I do end up grabbing chunks of your stuff wholemeal, both from articles and random posts.

That's one of the great things about GURPS, being a tool kit it lets you make and tweak a number of different ideas with different rules to produce subtle differences in play and flavour. Coupled with a great community who constantly make and refine ideas, it lends itself perfectly to creating by lifting other peoples creations and then tweaking them slightly to fit your vision (or just incorporating them if they fits perfectly already).

It does make me feel like a magpie taking all the shiny bits though.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:54 AM   #23
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PseudoFenton View Post
Oh I know, but I do find that we're on similar wavelengths when it comes to things you've produced and things I like - so I do end up grabbing chunks of your stuff wholemeal, both from articles and random posts.

That's one of the great things about GURPS, being a tool kit it lets you make and tweak a number of different ideas with different rules to produce subtle differences in play and flavour. Coupled with a great community who constantly make and refine ideas, it lends itself perfectly to creating by lifting other peoples creations and then tweaking them slightly to fit your vision (or just incorporating them if they fits perfectly already).

It does make me feel like a magpie taking all the shiny bits though.
That's the point! Ideas that aren't used are useless. I try to always put "under the hood" boxes where I leave anything even slightly hidden, so people can find shiny bits and re-use them.

BTW, I think it was you, who got too close for comfort when you tried to guess what the article title was ;)

Oh, and you've got a PM
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:05 AM   #24
PseudoFenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
That's the point! Ideas that aren't used are useless. I try to always put "under the hood" boxes where I leave anything even slightly hidden, so people can find shiny bits and re-use them.

BTW, I think it was you, who got too close for comfort when you tried to guess what the article title was ;)
A very good point, ideas are for being used, else it defeats the point of having them.

It was me who guessed what your next article was too, thanks to actually having read and used several of your other articles previously - so I had a pretty good idea of your head space when you FNORDed the title.

Tags
dungeon fantasy, pixies, scaling rules, size modifier