Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-17-2023, 01:25 PM   #371
TGLS

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
They do indeed follow him back to the hole.

The soldiers loose sight of Julian.
So did they lose sight after Julian reached the hole or did they know the way somehow?

Quote:
They do indeed follow him back to the hole.
Hopefully they already knew about this hole, and I didn't lead them back here.

Quote:
The other boys aren't back yet.
I wonder if there was enough time in the day to bother going to the mine.

Quote:
The guards stop and loiter around for a few minutes, asking questions to anyone walking through the area. Everyone watches them very nervously.

Quote:
Julian's stuff is all gone from its location.
Well that's a shame. But just a knife and some money really.

Quote:
The soldiers loose sight of Julian, and this causes them some consternation, though they're doing their best not to show it, he notices they are talking to each other and moving around a lot more.
I'll try to slip out of the tunnel and try to remain unnoticed when they leave the vegetation area.
Quote:
[120] 23-01-17 23:46:25 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 13
3 + 2 + 1 = 6 ... success
If I'm not noticed, I'll follow them and see where they go:
Quote:
[121] 23-01-17 23:50:21 CET
Shadowing
3d6 <= 9
5 + 1 + 4 = 10 ... failure
Ugh. Let's apply luck.
Quote:
[122] 23-01-17 23:54:20 CET
Luck rerolls
3d6 <= 9
1: 5 + 6 + 5 = 16 ... failure
2: 1 + 1 + 1 = 3 ... success
Sweet!

Last edited by TGLS; 01-17-2023 at 03:54 PM.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 07:49 AM   #372
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
So did they lose sight after Julian reached the hole or did they know the way somehow?

After he reached the hole. The way you phrased it I thought that is when you tried to loose them. Also, you told them where you lived.

Quote:
I wonder if there was enough time in the day to bother going to the mine.
No, its about an hour to quitting time.

Quote:
I'll try to slip out of the tunnel and try to remain unnoticed when they leave the vegetation area.

If I'm not noticed, I'll follow them and see where they go:

Ugh. Let's apply luck.

Sweet!
One of them is standing guard by the tunnel entrance, but Julian catches them at an inattentive moment and slips out.

They look around for him for quite some time, and then finally one of them tells something to another guard who is coming down the tunnel. They're still there when the shift's change, and all of Julian's friends come down the tunnel. They are scanning the crowd there for someone, probably him. After everyone has passed and the rush is over, they head back up the tunnel towards Lorek's headquarters.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 11:31 AM   #373
TGLS

Quote:
After he reached the hole. The way you phrased it I thought that is when you tried to loose them. Also, you told them where you lived.
I may have phrased it badly, but the idea was basically, "Julian tries to lose them in the market, which means that if that works:
A) They give up.
B) They decide to try the hole I told Lorek about. (Which means that Lorek told them about the hole, and they (probably) aren't going off the reservation).

It looks like B is the more plausible result at this point.

Quote:
One of them is standing guard by the tunnel entrance, but Julian catches them at an inattentive moment and slips out.

They look around for him for quite some time, and then finally one of them tells something to another guard who is coming down the tunnel. They're still there when the shift's change, and all of Julian's friends come down the tunnel. They are scanning the crowd there for someone, probably him. After everyone has passed and the rush is over, they head back up the tunnel towards Lorek's headquarters.
When I realize they're going back to headquarters, I briefly consider catching up with them. Then I worry that Lorek may have figured out why Tarbreth and co wanted to haul me off. Almost as worthwhile as a town... And they were lying. I turn around and head back to the hole. They can find me easily if they want to.

I suppose Ump, Brog, and Rails might be around when I get back. If they have questions about where I was, I'll give them the same story I gave Lorek. I'll also tell them I gave the information to Lorek.
Old 01-19-2023, 07:58 AM   #374
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I may have phrased it badly, but the idea was basically, "Julian tries to lose them in the market, which means that if that works:
A) They give up.
B) They decide to try the hole I told Lorek about. (Which means that Lorek told them about the hole, and they (probably) aren't going off the reservation).

It looks like B is the more plausible result at this point.
Yeah, he'd run into them at the hole.

Quote:
I suppose Ump, Brog, and Rails might be around when I get back. If they have questions about where I was, I'll give them the same story I gave Lorek. I'll also tell them I gave the information to Lorek.
Ump: "Hey, you're back! We thought you'd gone somewhere else for sure!"

Yip: "Don't say that too loud, there were soldiers hanging around today. Don't want him to get carried off for questioning."

Brog:"I saved your stuff so it wouldn't get stolen. Where did you go?"

The boys want to hear ALL about everything. They're still talking when Ump's youngest sister Kati stops by to yell at him "Mom says to come home and eat! You're holding up dinner!"

The boys think its the coolest thing ever, though some of them are taken aback at the danger. And surprised that there really were enemy soldiers.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-19-2023, 01:48 PM   #375
TGLS

Quote:
Yeah, he'd run into them at the hole.
Well, let's say that Julian jumped to his, "let's avoid them entirely" conclusion earlier.

Quote:
Ump: "Hey, you're back! We thought you'd gone somewhere else for sure!"
"Well it wasn't by choice..."

Quote:
Yip: "Don't say that too loud, there were soldiers hanging around today. Don't want him to get carried off for questioning."
"Tch. Did they say they were looking for me? Did they say why? Do you think they'll be back aroun"

Quote:
Brog:"I saved your stuff so it wouldn't get stolen.
"Thanks for that."

Quote:
Where did you go?"
"Oh, it's a long story..."

One long story later:
Quote:
The boys want to hear ALL about everything. They're still talking when Ump's youngest sister Kati stops by to yell at him "Mom says to come home and eat! You're holding up dinner!"
"Don't let me keep you."

Quote:
The boys think its the coolest thing ever, though some of them are taken aback at the danger. And surprised that there really were enemy soldiers.
"It was really scary; they kept hitting me, and threatening to kill me... Why's everything cool that happens to me the result of some terrible circumstance dropped on me?"
Old 01-20-2023, 07:47 AM   #376
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Well, let's say that Julian jumped to his, "let's avoid them entirely" conclusion earlier.
ok.

Quote:
"Tch. Did they say they were looking for me? Did they say why? Do you think they'll be back aroun"
Ump: "Talk to soldiers? no way! I stayed clear!"
Brog: "I think they were asking about you. Is it because you went missing?"

Quote:
"Thanks for that."
"Well it wasn't by choice..."
"Oh, it's a long story..."
One long story later:
"Don't let me keep you."
Ump yells at his sister that he's busy, but she's persistant, and he hurries off. Brog says to follow him and he'll give Julian his stuff.

Quote:

"It was really scary; they kept hitting me, and threatening to kill me... Why's everything cool that happens to me the result of some terrible circumstance dropped on me?"

Rails: "And why are Bumundo soldiers still looking for you? Are you going to have to leave again?"

Yip: "Its your luck. Something has changed your fortune, I bet"

Old 01-20-2023, 08:49 AM   #377
TGLS

Quote:
Ump: "Talk to soldiers? no way! I stayed clear!"
Brog: "I think they were asking about you. Is it because you went missing?"

Rails: "And why are Bumundo soldiers still looking for you?"
"I don't know. I asked two of them point-blank why they were following me, and they claimed they weren't. The whole thing reeks like dead fish."

I mumble, "... Maybe the same reason I was taken away before that..."

Quote:
"Are you going to have to leave again?"
"Maybe. I don't seem to get much choice in the matter."

Quote:
Yip: "Its your luck. Something has changed your fortune, I bet"
"I dunno, I think it might be about the same. I get just enough luck to go from one problem to another."

Quote:
Brog says to follow him and he'll give Julian his stuff.
"Sounds good to me."
I follow.
Old 01-23-2023, 07:50 AM   #378
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Brog has Julian's knife and Money.

"That's a lot. Are you going to get someone to help you make a real home? I suppose you've got a lot to buy."

Old 01-23-2023, 08:48 AM   #379
TGLS

Quote:
Brog has Julian's knife and Money.
So that makes... ~40L?
Quote:

"That's a lot. Are you going to get someone to help you make a real home? I suppose you've got a lot to buy."
"Guess I hadn't really thought that far... Been more focused on getting through the day more than anything else. Probably should. One big bag of rice costs about the same as a meal from a stand, right?"

I start counting off what I think I'd need: "Vasic to cook with, pot, proper bedding, bag of rice, bar of soap... Do you think I ought to find a more isolated area? Or would I need to start cutting my way through?"

Not so sure on the visual of the "squatter's hole". I kind of assumed that all the more settled families had "apartments" separate from each other, while Julian was sleeping in the "lobby/common area"
Old 01-25-2023, 09:14 AM   #380
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

[QUOTE=TGLS;2467209]So that makes... ~40L?
I think so. Lets go with an even 40L.

Quote:
"Guess I hadn't really thought that far... Been more focused on getting through the day more than anything else. Probably should. One big bag of rice costs about the same as a meal from a stand, right?"
Quote:
The main item is dry rice, but there are also some yams. One coin can get two large yams or what looks like a heaping double handful of rice.
So a heaping double handful of rice... the main starch needed for two bland meals.

Quote:
I start counting off what I think I'd need: "Vasic to cook with, pot, proper bedding, bag of rice, bar of soap... Do you think I ought to find a more isolated area? Or would I need to start cutting my way through?"

Not so sure on the visual of the "squatter's hole". I kind of assumed that all the more settled families had "apartments" separate from each other, while Julian was sleeping in the "lobby/common area"
"all the good holes are already taken, you'll need to dig your own. This little cubby hole is probably a good start though"

He's in a natural little cranny off the main tunnel.

Tags
lost in dreams