Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #13
Nosforontu

Default Re: Killing someone unkillable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragabash Moon View Post
True. Just is beyond even what I've pulled... My friends have complained about me making NPCs too powerful, but man even I've not gone that far LOL
Outside of a 4e Conversion of the Void neither have I, and yeah those numbers are a bit high and could be fine tuned a bit to give more reasonable set of numbers especially if point efficiency is important. Supernatural Durability, 100 hit points, extreme Regeneration, and say DR 90 cosmic hardened would also make the NPCs hit Points effectively infinite if the best attack you have is in the 15d6 range with room to grow on.

Essentially though as others have mentioned though regardless of the NPCs exact build (if he has one beyond a few notes) either the GM wants you guys to actually deal with him without trying to kill him. In which case he effectively has lets say a 10k modular pool with the limitation of "can only be spent to prevent PCs attempt to bypass this ****** encounter by killing this npc because god forbid the PCS actually not kill/mind control my NPC quest giver this time :).

Alternatively he has "inifinite" hit points to provide the pcs with puzzle on how to kill the unkillable man. In which case as a caster I would suggest something along the lines of Flesh to Stone, bonus points if you then use that infinite hit point statue as a blocking device for indestructable cover :).
Nosforontu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boss monster, building, campaign advice, help wanted, power build