Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-21-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
jabba

Default Duplication

Under duplication on pg48 of powers. the construct enhancement states. " your dupes are material projections under your mental control". now how does this work? do i have to make a compintraition maneuver every sound to controll my dupe? my GM is not sure what to do about it.
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #2
jabba

Default Re: Duplication

Sorry i forgot something and i dont know if i am posting this right but its the best i can do with this phone. anyway. if i mentally controll my dupe dose that mean that i have to be able to see him? would it be safe to use mind controll power as a basis for how this all works?
Old 04-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba View Post
Under duplication on pg48 of powers. the construct enhancement states. " your dupes are material projections under your mental control". now how does this work? do i have to make a compintraition maneuver every sound to controll my dupe? my GM is not sure what to do about it.
No. It just means that the GM doesn't run your dupes.
David Johnston2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
jabba

Ok you say this means that i controll my dupes with that enhansement. so does the gm controll them all the other times?
Old 04-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba View Post
Ok you say this means that i controll my dupes with that enhansement. so does the gm controll them all the other times?
No, actually. If you are using vanilla Duplication all the duplicates are the same character, the one you control. None is any more or less real than the others. The distinction I was making was between Constructs and Summoned Allies.
David Johnston2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #6
the_matrix_walker

Normal Dupes are all equally "the character." Constructs are basically automatons that your character can give mental commands to.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #7
jabba

but the enhancement dont say anything about mental comunication with your dupes. ya'll confuse me more them you help. i understand that the dupe is under the pc's controll. but why does it say that my dupe is under my mental controll?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #8
SCAR

The description of Duplicate in Basic:Characters, p51 includes the text:
Dupes have no special ability to coordinate with one another
Following on with details for buying Telesend and Mindlink to allow for constant communications and coordination.

This is because the basic Duplication ability creates entire physical and mental copies of the character, each of which can go off and do what they like without any interaction or co-ordination, or even knowing what each other Duplicate is doing.

The Construct Enhancement from Powers, p48; says:
Your Dupes are material projections under your mental control.
I take this to mean, there is only one You, and the duplicates are just physical copies, without their own independent mental control.
The single You directs all of the duplicates - BUT, you do not need any additional abilities (Telesend, Compartmentalised Mind, etc) in order to control or co-ordinate them.
SCAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
construct, duplication