Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-10-2022, 05:24 AM   #391
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
So like coffee table books or like law books in legal dramas that clearly have never been read?
books that have bound leather covers with gold leaf and are twice the size they need to be.

Quote:
Any areas that aren't on public display?
There are plenty of areas behind the second wall in the pictures. Nothing behind the third.

Quote:
I suppose the passwords all look like gibberish (i.e. Aj3*%kdYhf).h)
Yep. Great passwords if you actually remember them and don't write them down for intruding squid-girls to riffle through.

Quote:
More seriously I'll look through his correspondence, his documents, and his calendar. If my plan is going to be impersonating this guy I ought to get a feel for the kind of person he is.

Research to mine data from the computer, memetics to build a profile:

Next I suppose I'll look for spare keys to the house and his car.
The house and car keys require an App, a phone, and some passwords helpfully stored on the "Passwords" document on the computer.

The Man's job in the temple complex seems to be as a guide to visiting dignitaries... nothing like governors or even senators, but the rank below them. He is great at making small talk, and general flattery, is ambitious but is mostly waiting for those above him to retire, recently became worried about his health, and seems to have a certain sloppy streak in his public (but not private life). He has many acquaintances but no long-term friends.

Anything else to find out in the house?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 08:15 AM   #392
the_matrix_walker

When Vassarious wakes, they draw a map of the complex and labels all of the areas they were able to identify and plots out several penetration routes.

Was V ever able to determine how many of the hybrid guards they had in the complex? Do they have a barracks that might indicate how many they have the capacity to support?

With shapeshifting being a liability currently, V considers the options were they to try and turn this liability into an asset... perhaps they can find a good spot to intentionally cause a stir, and shapeshift as a distraction to lure the guards away when Halcyone penetrates the last layer of security.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 08:32 AM   #393
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
books that have bound leather covers with gold leaf and are twice the size they need to be.
Ah, so he needs the large print versions.

Quote:
The Man's job in the temple complex seems to be as a guide to visiting dignitaries... nothing like governors or even senators, but the rank below them. He is great at making small talk, and general flattery, is ambitious but is mostly waiting for those above him to retire, recently became worried about his health, and seems to have a certain sloppy streak in his public (but not private life). He has many acquaintances but no long-term friends.
So a less socially inept TGLS...

Quote:
Anything else to find out in the house?
I suppose he wears the same uniform (well probably not literally) going into and out of work every day? I think that would about tie up about all I need to know. Still lots to do.
Quote:
The house and car keys require an App, a phone, and some passwords helpfully stored on the "Passwords" document on the computer.
Right. Given I wasn't planning to go right to his house and instead coincidentally start bumping into him, I either have my cell phone on me or outside. I guess we could just use his phone to transit if necessary. I'll steal back into his bedroom to steal his phone. Then I'll figure out what app(s) he's using for his home and car security. Then it should just be a matter of installing those app(s) on my phone and logging into the accounts. I'll be sure to do this in his study or something in case the security company calls.

In and out for the phone (I suppose I should grab the dirty uniform too.)
Quote:
[272] 22-01-10 15:07:01 GMT
Stealth
3d6 <= 15 : 5 + 1 + 2 = 8 ... success
[273] 22-01-10 15:07:23 GMT
Stealth
3d6 <= 15 : 1 + 1 + 4 = 6 ... success
Now let's get access:
Quote:
[274] 22-01-10 15:11:22 GMT
Computer Operation
3d6 <= 16 : 5 + 5 + 3 = 13 ... success
Cool. I'll remember to delete any emails he received about recently added access to house and car. Then I'll go pick up my effects I left outside, and head over to his car. I'll need to figure out where to hide my stuff (my clothes, the uniform, cash) where he won't find it. Not sure what the modifier would be here; difference in size should be about 3 or 4?
Quote:
[275] 22-01-10 15:20:13 GMT
Smuggling (default)
3d6 <= 11
6 + 3 + 1 = 10 ... success
OK, should be hidden. I'll send V a message that I probably won't be back until noon and not to contact me until then. Then I'll open the trunk, stuff myself inside and draw the thing shut. Hopefully my color changing skin will fool him if he opens the trunk.
Quote:
[276] 22-01-10 15:27:17 GMT
Escape
3d6 <= 16
1 + 4 + 5 = 10 ... success
I dunno about the skill, but it does seem like reverse Houdini, so... I'll try to get some rest while waiting for, uh, what's-his-name, to leave for work.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 07:52 AM   #394
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
When Vassarious wakes, they draw a map of the complex and labels all of the areas they were able to identify and plots out several penetration routes.
Give me a tradecraft roll... or we can make it at the moment you need them.

Quote:
Was V ever able to determine how many of the hybrid guards they had in the complex? Do they have a barracks that might indicate how many they have the capacity to support?
secret tradecraft roll... There are barracks for 8,000 hybrid troops in the temple complex... but most of them are empty. V estimates that less than 300 hybrid troops are actually at the temple, with the rest being deployed across the five worlds.

Quote:
With shapeshifting being a liability currently, V considers the options were they to try and turn this liability into an asset... perhaps they can find a good spot to intentionally cause a stir, and shapeshift as a distraction to lure the guards away when Halcyone penetrates the last layer of security.
That sounds fun...

Quote:
I suppose he wears the same uniform (well probably not literally) going into and out of work every day? I think that would about tie up about all I need to know. Still lots to do.
He has several different copies of his priestly garb.

Quote:
Right. Given I wasn't planning to go right to his house and instead coincidentally start bumping into him, I either have my cell phone on me or outside. I guess we could just use his phone to transit if necessary. I'll steal back into his bedroom to steal his phone. Then I'll figure out what app(s) he's using for his home and car security. Then it should just be a matter of installing those app(s) on my phone and logging into the accounts. I'll be sure to do this in his study or something in case the security company calls.

Cool. I'll remember to delete any emails he received about recently added access to house and car. Then I'll go pick up my effects I left outside, and head over to his car. I'll need to figure out where to hide my stuff (my clothes, the uniform, cash) where he won't find it. Not sure what the modifier would be here; difference in size should be about 3 or 4?

OK, should be hidden. I'll send V a message that I probably won't be back until noon and not to contact me until then. Then I'll open the trunk, stuff myself inside and draw the thing shut. Hopefully my color changing skin will fool him if he opens the trunk.

I dunno about the skill, but it does seem like reverse Houdini, so... I'll try to get some rest while waiting for, uh, what's-his-name, to leave for work.
It all seems to have worked.

So what is in the car trunk with you and what is hidden at the priest's premises?

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-11-2022, 08:02 AM   #395
the_matrix_walker

Tradecraft-14 + Possible bonus from reference materials?

3d6
6 + 5 + 3 = 14
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 08:15 AM   #396
TGLS

Quote:
It all seems to have worked.

So what is in the car trunk with you and what is hidden at the priest's premises?
Uh, the intention was to hide all my effects somewhere in the car (not necessarily in the trunk), so I can retrieve them when I get out of the car.

I think I forgot to put his cell phone back... Can I remember to do that before getting in?
Old 01-12-2022, 05:54 AM   #397
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Tradecraft-14 + Possible bonus from reference materials?

3d6
6 + 5 + 3 = 14
That's basic equipment in this case... a bare success. Vassarious finds and plots a few different routes, but not as many as she would have liked.

Quote:
Uh, the intention was to hide all my effects somewhere in the car (not necessarily in the trunk), so I can retrieve them when I get out of the car.

I think I forgot to put his cell phone back... Can I remember to do that before getting in?
Both requests are accepted.

Halcyone dozes off, and is awakened when the car starts driving. Any communication with V? Will V be approaching the Temple complex at the same time?

You've had time to plan, so your "retroactive roll penalty" is set to 0.

Old 01-12-2022, 08:31 AM   #398
TGLS

Quote:
Will V be approaching the Temple complex at the same time?
Already? I figure we still need at least a day's worth of preparation before we start with infiltration.

Quote:
Any communication with V?
I'll send a short message: "On the move. Should be back soon to discuss next steps."

After the car is stopped, noise dies down, and at least five minutes pass, I'll pop the trunk and get dressed again. Then I'll catch a bus back downtown.
Old 01-12-2022, 08:47 AM   #399
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Already? I figure we still need at least a day's worth of preparation before we start with infiltration.

I'll send a short message: "On the move. Should be back soon to discuss next steps."

After the car is stopped, noise dies down, and at least five minutes pass, I'll pop the trunk and get dressed again. Then I'll catch a bus back downtown.
ok, that's fine. when you say downtown, do you mean the temple complex, the hotel where you are staying, or somewhere else?

Old 01-12-2022, 08:59 AM   #400
TGLS

Quote:
ok, that's fine. when you say downtown, do you mean the temple complex, the hotel where you are staying, or somewhere else?
Eh... Back to the hotel if V is ready to meet. If not then to a laundromat to wash the uniform. Then back to the hotel to put the uniform away.