Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2023, 09:34 AM   #1561
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
The Beast seems to have some transformation and control effects on it.
Wonderful... We maintain a brisk pace as long as it keeps it's distance, but slow down and make lots of noise if it tries to get closer. Peter will keep an eye out for anything that might make a better weapon than what he has (or something for his modesty of course).


Quote:
He's seen it once before... in a dream he recoiled from when he saw a man with a bare skull for a face...
"Uh oh... Looks like we're in 'Eternia' Goliath... I think this is the world where I saw Skeletor."

Quote:
One of the sources in the village seems quite large, like a big building or field, and to be some sort of effect Peter hasn't seen before. It also seems stationary.

The other two sources seem to be mobile. One is maybe similar to soul riding, but weaker, and also seems to have aspects similar to the big stationary effect. The other is more similar to the Karana Demons (not so much the creations, but the demons) , and it has a new strange effect on it as well, distinct from the others he's sensing. Maybe just a little like senarich's transformations.
Peter heads for the village and will be heading for the closest source.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 08:39 AM   #1562
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Wonderful... We maintain a brisk pace as long as it keeps it's distance, but slow down and make lots of noise if it tries to get closer. Peter will keep an eye out for anything that might make a better weapon than what he has (or something for his modesty of course).
He hasn't gone too far when he spots a scarecrow... it has clothes on it, and the stake its on should make for a better weapon that the short one he's holding right now.


Quote:

Peter heads for the village and will be heading for the closest source.
That's the big stationary one. As he gets closer, it seems to be attached to some sort of church, or rather, the plot of ground the church is on.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 10:13 AM   #1563
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter will avail himself of the opportunity to clothe himself and improve his armament and then continues on to the church grounds...

"Hello?!" Peter calls out upon entering the village.

He investigates the magical area and looks for people.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 10:26 AM   #1564
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

The Church is towards the center of town. He doesn't see anyone, though he does see flickering fires inside many of the huts. The Church is stone, but as he tries to step onto the church grounds, he feels the magic suddenly resist him, physically pushing him back, and he hears a single gloomy chime from the bell.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 12:45 PM   #1565
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

So it was less like hitting a surface and more like being repelled?

"Uh oh. They're gonna think a monster's come to town or something... "

Peter drops his crude weapon... He's expecting the bell toll to trigger a response and he doesn't want to be seen as aggressive.

He decides an experiment is in order and tosses an object across the barrier and tells goliath to fetch...

"Can you go in there boy?"


He sits cross-legged on the ground, experiments with leaning back on the barrier if it's not uncomfortable and he calls out again.

"Helloooo! I come in peace!"
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 07:44 AM   #1566
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
So it was less like hitting a surface and more like being repelled?
Correct.


Quote:
"Uh oh. They're gonna think a monster's come to town or something... "

Peter drops his crude weapon... He's expecting the bell toll to trigger a response and he doesn't want to be seen as aggressive.
He thinks he does notice some stirring in houses... and the two other magic sources in the village start moving towards the church. He sees two families rush into the church yard, opposite of where he is.


Quote:
He decides an experiment is in order and tosses an object across the barrier and tells goliath to fetch...

"Can you go in there boy?"
Goliath easily retrieves the thrown rock, drops it and Peter's feet, and looks like he wants to do it again.


Quote:
He sits cross-legged on the ground, experiments with leaning back on the barrier if it's not uncomfortable and he calls out again.

"Helloooo! I come in peace!"
Its impossible to sit against the barrier... the longer he puts weight against it, the harder it pushes back, making stability next to impossible.


He sees a couple of young faces stick out of the church window to look at him. A woman pulls them back, and shouts something at him in a language he doesn't recognize. It doesn't sound friendly.



The monster magic source followed him up to the village, and he's not sure if its just outside, or if its entered into it.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 07:33 PM   #1567
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter will continue to play fetch with Goliath until someone appears.
Quote:
He sees a couple of young faces stick out of the church window to look at him. A woman pulls them back, and shouts something at him in a language he doesn't recognize. It doesn't sound friendly.
I have no idea what you're saying... If only I had some incense...


When he sees people, he flashes his Disarming Smile and waves pleasantly, but does not approach. He maintains a playful mood with Goliath "Git it!"and waits for them to come to him so as to appear as non-threatening as possible. "G'boy!"

If someone does approach, Peter will have Goliath fall in line behind him.

Given the opportunity, he will use his Gesture skill to try and convey that he is lost and from far away.

He keeps track of the moving magical pings in anticipation of one coming into view...
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 07:56 AM   #1568
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

They watch his playful antics warily.

Go ahead and roll for gesture.

The source most like the church field is heading strait for it. The one that was originally with it seems to be circling around the building, moving slowly... maybe stealthily?

Peter hears a scream from behind him... off where the beast's magic source is. He's not sure if its pain or fear.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 10:51 AM   #1569
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Rolled a 10 for gesture...

Peter will snatch his improvised weapon back up and sprint for the scream!
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 08:50 AM   #1570
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Goliath follows. The two of them find the beast, who has broken down a door, and attacked someone. They're still screaming.

Will Peter approach stealthily while its distracted or will he make his presence known as soon as possible?

This is what, Peter's second real fight? I suppose it depends on how you split up the action at the Karana circle.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lost in dreams

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.