Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-13-2021, 03:02 PM   #191
TGLS

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You have a few off-duty moments, yes... What will you tell Thelo when you ask him to drive you out there?
I'll try an approach that lies the least. I'll say I'm looking into something that looks like it may have some kind of involvement with the priesthood, and that I found a purged priest online that I'd like to consult with.
Quote:
[91] 21-10-13 22:01:56 BST
Memetics! (as Fast-Talk)
3d6 <= 15
1 + 2 + 6 = 9 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 07:15 AM   #192
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll try an approach that lies the least. I'll say I'm looking into something that looks like it may have some kind of involvement with the priesthood, and that I found a purged priest online that I'd like to consult with.

He's willing to drive you out there during some of your off-duty time. The city is quite large. Despite the bombing raids, this part of it seems untouched, at least structurally.

Hyrum is living in a small home stacked behind two others: he does not seem to have done very well for himself. Thelo offers to come in with you.

Hyrum is old and frail. His skin looks weathered from hard work in the sun. He looks her uniform up and down. "What are you looking for me for?".

If he ever had the classic "proper" accent of the capital, its gone now.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 09:38 AM   #193
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious will use his reference materials to come up with a common enough name to not look unusual and sets to validate it.

((Tradecraft to set up an identity and digital background good enough to pass checks they may run if Vassarious tried to make an appointment - Skill 14, Roll of 2 + 4 + 3 = 9 = Success by 5. -- Can you send me the link to the die roller you want to use in PM if you would like me to use it, I can't track down the link and I deleted my old PMs))

Vassarious will look into the senator's schedule if he can locate it, then set about seeing if he can get an appointment to meet with the senator. If he is unable to do so, he will use the schedule to figure out a good time to attempt to intercept the man.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 08:07 AM   #194
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious will use his reference materials to come up with a common enough name to not look unusual and sets to validate it.

((Tradecraft to set up an identity and digital background good enough to pass checks they may run if Vassarious tried to make an appointment - Skill 14, Roll of 2 + 4 + 3 = 9 = Success by 5. -- Can you send me the link to the die roller you want to use in PM if you would like me to use it, I can't track down the link and I deleted my old PMs))

Vassarious will look into the senator's schedule if he can locate it, then set about seeing if he can get an appointment to meet with the senator. If he is unable to do so, he will use the schedule to figure out a good time to attempt to intercept the man.

sent the PM.

I thought he wanted to meet with the governor...

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 10-15-2021, 09:35 AM   #195
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
sent the PM.

I thought he wanted to meet with the governor...
Thank you... Yes, I meant the governor.
Old 10-15-2021, 09:50 AM   #196
TGLS

Quote:
Hyrum is living in a small home stacked behind two others: he does not seem to have done very well for himself. Thelo offers to come in with you.
I'll accept Thelo's offer.

Quote:
Hyrum is old and frail. His skin looks weathered from hard work in the sun. He looks her uniform up and down. "What are you looking for me for?"
"Good day. I am investigating possible subversion by the Imperial Priesthood. As a former priest, I think you would have some useful knowledge about how they may be doing this."
Then I'll ask a few questions that seem disinterested in the reason for the purge, but should cause Hyrum to talk about it anyway. If that doesn't work I'll just ask directly.

Quote:
[92] 21-10-15 16:50:24 BST
Memetics! (to structure questions)
3d6 <= 15
3 + 6 + 6 = 15 ... success
Old 10-18-2021, 09:19 AM   #197
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I'll accept Thelo's offer.

"Good day. I am investigating possible subversion by the Imperial Priesthood. As a former priest, I think you would have some useful knowledge about how they may be doing this."

Then I'll ask a few questions that seem disinterested in the reason for the purge, but should cause Hyrum to talk about it anyway. If that doesn't work I'll just ask directly.

Hyrum: "I'm not interested in furthering the cause of the rebellion. Some of my colleagues have done so, but I will not. The cause of my exile is simple: I protested the implicit removal of the Patron's Obligation. Directions and warnings persistently aimed at the rich and powerful, at the governors and senators, were no longer being taught. We pushed for the balance of preaching to be what it ever had been, and we were removed from our positions. And the Emperor did nothing."

"I await when he will wake, but we shall see if he ever does. How much is too much?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Thank you... Yes, I meant the governor.
Let me know when you've made the roll!

Old 10-18-2021, 12:29 PM   #198
TGLS

Quote:
Hyrum: "I'm not interested in furthering the cause of the rebellion. Some of my colleagues have done so, but I will not. The cause of my exile is simple: I protested the implicit removal of the Patron's Obligation. Directions and warnings persistently aimed at the rich and powerful, at the governors and senators, were no longer being taught. We pushed for the balance of preaching to be what it ever had been, and we were removed from our positions. And the Emperor did nothing."

"I await when he will wake, but we shall see if he ever does. How much is too much?"
"I see. Thank you for your time." I briefly purse my lips before saying, "One more thing, was it considered common for average people to receive visions, dreams really, from Maximus?"
Old 10-19-2021, 07:43 AM   #199
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"I see. Thank you for your time." I briefly purse my lips before saying, "One more thing, was it considered common for average people to receive visions, dreams really, from Maximus?"

"Common? No. We had several mentally ill folks who said they had dreams from him every year. They fixed them in healing temples. But it does happen. Usually when the Emperor is awake and he needs someone in a very specific location. It has not happened in my lifetime. At least that I know of."

"He certainly has that power: there is nothing special about being a priest, and he has more of a reputation for visiting our dreams, though that is still very very rare. The top five priests once a decade would be considered normal"

Old 10-19-2021, 01:21 PM   #200
the_matrix_walker

(( I rerolled in the app, but I reversed the success number for a high roll, so it shows a fail on a 10, which is really a success by 4 ))