Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #11
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Building a Hecatoncheires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
They are the bodyguards of the god Zeus, so I presume not.
They are also the guards of Tartarus, they might matter in a prison break scenario. Kratos inspired characters might certainly fight them.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #12
Verjigorm

Location: Charlotte, North Caroline, United States of America, Earth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Kratos inspired characters might certainly fight them.
Kratos doesn't fight. To fight implies that the opponent has a chance. We all know that Kratos just murders those who stands in his way!
Old 02-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #13
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verjigorm View Post
Kratos doesn't fight. To fight implies that the opponent has a chance. We all know that Kratos just murders those who stands in his way!
If they don't have a chance, then what the heck is "YOU ARE DEAD" doing in giant red letters on my TV all the time? :)
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:59 PM   #14
vitruvian

I'd probably just give them about 8 Extra Arms (for 10 total) and a handful of Extra Attacks (not even the full 10 fists worth), and have it actually being a hundred limbs just be a special effect of either having some Innate Attacks with high RoF or having an excellent Multishot Imbuement skill. That would be in addition to their massive size and strength and practical invulnerability to lesser foes, of course.
vitruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #15
Fwibos

I actually thought this interesting to try and build, so i sat down and came up with a few things: Let's see how I do

Since this is a TL1-3 game, I gave the SM +4. Is that enough? Probably not, but I err on caution. they are likely SM+10 or more. I actually thought it neat for a Super-villain, so no need to be giant.

I gave the Extra Arms 4, and the Extra Arms (short, weak: 1/2 ST). Again,. I am going for a high point super, YMMV.

I gave them a bunch of DR and Injury Tolerance, ans sort of "titan packade"

As for their abilites:
Instead of extra attack, I gave them an innate attack that uses all of their limbs to swing wildly in all directions. It makes them horriffic to demi-gods and gods, and to me fits the image of "breakers".

Note: I tried to keep them under 2k points. it was not easy, but I managed to slip by.

Hundred hands: 10d Crushing attack (Emanation -20%, Increased Area: 4 hexes +100%, RoF 100, Very Rapid Fire: +260%, Double Knockback +20%, Affects insubstantial +20%, Armor Divisor (2) +50%) [215]

In my original build, I put melee attack. However, I think RoF and Melee are exclusive.

Stone Throwing: This one is, as we say, a doozy.

20d Crushing (Long distance mods: none +100%), Increased range: x2000 +100%, Innaccurate -3 -15%) Area Affect: 4 yards: +100%, Cosmic: No active Defense +300%, All-out-25%, Minimum range: 5% of max. Armor Divisor (5) +100%, Fragmentation 20 dice: +300% Rapid Fire RoF: 3 +50% )
[1125]

Basically heavy artillery. they can launch boulders 5-110 miles, obliterating anything they hit.
When I built this for the super, I admitted I would not allow this sort of artillery without a substantial UB, if at all. it's campaign "hoerking"* in the extreme. I wouldn't allow it even if it was nerfed, which in my original build, it was.

Anyway, that's my idea, if you must stat them.

*I define hoarking as not only breaking the game, but beating up the games sister, making fun of the games brother, insulting his father's manhood, and performing all-sort of acts that cause good proper folk blanche and vomit upon seeing. Hoerking is that, but spelled wrong, which is worse.
Word of God and Word of Kromm are pretty much the same thing in my book
Fwibos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #16
lexington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwibos View Post
Hundred hands: 10d Crushing attack (Emanation -20%, Increased Area: 4 hexes +100%, RoF 100, Very Rapid Fire: +260%, Double Knockback +20%, Affects insubstantial +20%, Armor Divisor (2) +50%) [215]
Do your players have DR in the sixties and/or many levels of Damage Reduction?
lexington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #17
Fwibos

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexington View Post
Do your players have DR in the sixties and/or many levels of Damage Reduction?
In a Demigod-based game, or a 2k points supers game, I'd say very yes.

In the game I would play him in, he's kind of a glass cannon compared to others. Cosmic DR flows like ambrosia in Olympia. .
Old 02-02-2011, 10:46 PM   #18
vitruvian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwibos View Post
In a Demigod-based game, or a 2k points supers game, I'd say very yes.

In the game I would play him in, he's kind of a glass cannon compared to others. Cosmic DR flows like ambrosia in Olympia. .
Cosmic DR doesn't help much against Armor Divisor. You need Hardened for that.
vitruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:37 AM   #19
Belial666

Thanks for the help guys. I needed to stat some of those guys as NPC enemies for a 1500-point game I am playing in and occasionally DM-ing.

Considering that in that game there's a telekinetic that can lift supertankers and major skystrapers like most people lift a glass of water, a psion that can dominate several cities, a guy that becomes one with the earth and can build and animate stone statues the size of battleships, a weather controller that can cause major hurricanes and worse natural disasters and many other such guys and gals, I don't see a problem with their power level.

My own character is a gal with what you'd imagine the mythical Uranus would have for powers; travel through space, double-park meteors wherever she wants, make small solar flares and gamma-ray bursts and other things like that.
Belial666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:37 AM   #20
Fwibos

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
Cosmic DR doesn't help much against Armor Divisor. You need Hardened for that.
Yup. Hence the armor devisor on the attacks.

Belial666,those boulders will eventually level cities. The melds attack will tear through quite a bit. iDHMBWM, but I imagine that it will shear through most materials, and make people butter and jelly sammiches.*

*sandwiches.

Tags
gm advice, monster creation