Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
SolemnGolem

Default Large creature stomping damage

Are there any rules for this? The creature has a significant SM bonus (+3) and I've worked out its ST at 32 and weight at somewhat over one Imperial ton. It's bipedal, so stomping is probably more damaging than a lateral kick.

Is there any calculation for the amount of damage this would do? I'm willing to add in extra ST if needed, but if the rules have anything to say on this it would be good to know.
SolemnGolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
talonthehand

Default Re: Large creature stomping damage

Have you checked out Trampling on Basic 404? It looks like it's what you're looking for.
talonthehand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
SolemnGolem

Hmm, interesting! Okay, so I'll go with Trampling and then add in some Striking ST for that alone.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
lexington

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolemnGolem View Post
Are there any rules for this? The creature has a significant SM bonus (+3) and I've worked out its ST at 32 and weight at somewhat over one Imperial ton. It's bipedal, so stomping is probably more damaging than a lateral kick.

Is there any calculation for the amount of damage this would do? I'm willing to add in extra ST if needed, but if the rules have anything to say on this it would be good to know.
You might want to take a look at Stamp Kick (MA80), although it doesn't seem to have considered the possibility of a giant using it.
lexington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #5
SolemnGolem

Perhaps relevant to this question, is there any GURPS ruling about how ST scales with Size?

This creature is about 21 feet tall, weighs just over a ton (because it's skeletal so it's missing a lot of water mass), and I want it to be able to kill pretty much any mansized creature without even really thinking about it by walking over him.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:07 PM   #6
lexington

Quote:
Perhaps relevant to this question, is there any GURPS ruling about how ST scales with Size?

This creature is about 21 feet tall, weighs just over a ton (because it's skeletal so it's missing a lot of water mass), and I want it to be able to kill pretty much any mansized creature without even really thinking about it by walking over him.
Growth has some quick and easy relationship calculations for size. Basically he has to have at least ST = (height in yards)x5. So he needs at least ST35 by those numbers.

Alternately, fantasy notes that ST scales with the cube root of weight, but this isn't necessarily very useful since you aren't scaling up an existing creature (though I find that if you reverse the process it turns you this giant is quite strong relative to a human of similar weight).
Old 09-06-2010, 10:18 PM   #7
SolemnGolem

Okay, that's good. This creature is supposed to be a demigod that binds dimensions together. In the game it comes from originally, it can kill anything by walking over it.

So it's entirely fitting that it would be much, much stronger than a "natural" creature of similar size.

It resembles a decayed demon.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:27 PM   #8
lexington

Quote:
Okay, that's good. This creature is supposed to be a demigod that binds dimensions together. In the game it comes from originally, it can kill anything by walking over it.
I don't see that being very workable in GURPS without making the thing unstoppable or adding crazy amount of Striking ST (Kicks Only). A typical soldier is going to have 12HP or so, just to get a 50% chance of instantly killing him the demon has to do 24 injury (kicking with ST60), to automatically kill him you need 72 points of injury (kicking with ST200). You should probably just note in its description "anything it steps on dies".
Old 09-06-2010, 10:35 PM   #9
SolemnGolem

The thing is supposed to be pretty close to unstoppable. It's the dark demigod Tchernobog from the game Blood, and true to its game build, if you let it get close to you, you're essentially dead.

Tchernobog's main weakness is its slow speed, meaning an enemy with ranged attacks can stay away and keep dealing damage. Even so, Tchernobog has two ranged attacks it can use - a damaging entropic blast (crushing innate attack) or a simple gaze attack that sets enemies on fire.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:20 AM   #10
Flyndaran
Untagged

Our only hope is Godzilla?
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monster creation, size modifier