Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-24-2022, 03:51 AM   #61
Farmer

Default Re: Nightmare Fuel: Snakes, Bugs (well, arthropods mostly), and Evil Plants for the D

Very interesting breakdown - thanks for posting it.

From my perspective, being flipped over to Backerkit and having a different interface and having to deal with a new account was annoying. I did it, because I really want the content and I loved the Bestiary. The inclusion of the VTT module really adds value for me, too. For Bestiary, I didn't back for a hardcover initially but did in the end because I felt it deserved the support. Being in Australia, the shipping costs and time etc. were a potential issue, but honestly the total price for the package was enough value for me just to get it in the VTT. I haven't backed for printed material this time, just the PDF and VTT (but I did go with Shields Up! as well).

I guess I'd be happier back over on Kickstarter because I'm used to it and quite like the user experience. But I'll still go to Backerkit if you head there again - I just won't enjoy the experience quite as much, but it's not actually a negative experience. In the end, I'd like you to use the one that gives you the best return because that's what contributes to more future content.
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 02:31 PM   #62
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Nightmare Fuel: Snakes, Bugs (well, arthropods mostly), and Evil Plants for the D

Nine Days left! Monsters Lists published with sample art

We funded a week in, and pledges are slowly coming in. Followers - folks tracking the campaign are also coming in, and we currently have more followers than the original Nordlond Bestiary did when it finished (793 vs 743). Of course, that doesn't mean folks will come over and pledge ... but I hope it bodes well for the final week. The original Nordlond Bestiary saw nearly half its backers in the last week of the campaign.

If you are going to pledge, I hope that the contents of this update can persuade you to do it sooner rather than later.

A Note About the Omnibus

It came up in another forum, but in case it wasn't clear. If we hit the stretch goal the Omnibus hardcover is not a replacement for the three softcover books. It's in addition to them. Not only will you get the three softcovers, you'll also get the hardcover as bonus content for those pledges that include the three softcover books.

Monster Lists!

In case I've been too cagey with the content lists, the main campaign header and Update #7 contain lists of what each book contains.

Please Pledge!

While we've funded, we have more than enough following but not yet having backed to not just meet the stretch goal, but pretty much crush it. Of course, that requires us to bring about half of those following who haven't yet committed on board.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 07:29 PM   #63
johndallman
Night Watchman

A question about the Omnibus. Is it simply the pages of the three books in the same order as the books, or are the pages re-sequenced so that the book is in alphabetical order?
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 09:11 PM   #64
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
A question about the Omnibus. Is it simply the pages of the three books in the same order as the books, or are the pages re-sequenced so that the book is in alphabetical order?
I hadn’t thought that far ahead. I’ll take a poll if we make it.
Old 11-01-2022, 11:31 AM   #65
DouglasCole

Meet the Krabbadyr, with recently updated art by Teresa Guido!

This is the campaign's final week on BackerKit crowdfunding: it ends Nov 6.
Old 11-02-2022, 03:51 PM   #66
DouglasCole

Nightmare Fuel Campaign: Ends Nov 6, 2022 at 5pm Central

I posted a whole bunch of preview images for the plants and bugs book in this thread on r/gurps.
Old 11-02-2022, 04:27 PM   #67
dcarson

My Monster Hunters have just been attacked by hellhounds while sitting around talking at night in the home of one of them. I think when they finish them off if they go outside the yard will now have some awakened shrubs.
dcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 08:23 AM   #68
DouglasCole

The parade of examples for the Nightmare Fuel campaign continues!

Today it's the snake-folk (snáamaðr).

You can see what else is included in the annotations here
https://www.backerkit.com/c/douglas-...pdates/471#top

or here
https://www.reddit.com/r/gurps/comme...stiaries_ends/
Old 11-03-2022, 02:19 PM   #69
safisher
Gunnery Sergeant,
 Imperial Marines
Coauthor,
 GURPS High-Tech

I have backed this! I'm looking forward to all of it for use in many campaigns, I think the insects will be great for modern survival horror types games, the snakes for pulp games, etc. It's the perfect GURPS content, a helpful generic resource in many genres.
safisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 05:46 PM   #70
nudj

Backed it!

nudj
nudj is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bestiary, crowd funding