Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-21-2023, 06:37 PM   #271
SID

Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

K10 readies for action, just as Vanta submits the droid and Bibingui shuts Purr1t0 down. It seems you didn’t hurt the droid, but it might be best not turning it on for now. K10 makes a wise decision turning their communicator off, his questions resonates with the party -What happened to Purr1t0?-

Jojo gets on the top of the shuttle and looks with a pair of simple binoculars. “Nav’s rest is ahead buddies, we gotta hurry, things look rough over there.”

@FloggMunkies, you are free to check K10’s status.

The speeders left by the droids you just beat seem like they’re in good shape, you may take them, if you wish.

What will you do?
Old 01-21-2023, 08:19 PM   #272
FloggMunkies

Having a moment to breathe (so to speak) K10 activates a basic program to scan for any unwelcome software or other signs of intrusion on their own system. (13 vs Computer Operations 11) The subroutine returns a negative for infection, which K10 counts a inconclusive result. K10 ponders the possible cause of the problem, combing through their memory banks for any info they've picked up as an independent droid concerned with their mental autonomy that would apply to this situation. (6 thanks to Luck vs modified Computer Programming 10)

During or after this process is going on in their head, they'll approach one of the abandoned speeders and mount it, see if the controls are unsecured.

(HP 17/20, Luck recharges in 30 posts)

Last edited by FloggMunkies; 01-21-2023 at 10:28 PM.
FloggMunkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 09:53 PM   #273
PumpkinLorica

I cant drive the bike, please help me drive(´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)
and help me with purrito ʕ⁎̯͡⁎ʔ༄
Old 01-23-2023, 08:33 PM   #274
vicious Violence

Vanta tries to drive the speedbike, but fails, rolled 15/ skill level 12
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 10:44 PM   #275
SID

Purr1t0 is down, Bibingui is checking the astromech when she remembers her exoskeleton was broken during the shuttle’s collision; she won’t be able to reach the pedals of the speeder and asks for help.

Jojo offers Bibingui a hand, “I could drive the speeder with you, but what will you do with the ‘loot’?” He tells her that they could try “towing” the droid, “Might be risky, but we could take a wire from the shuttle and drag the dark trooper using the metal panel you cut, the improvised sledge should be enough to also carry Purr1t0 with minimal harm”.

While Bibingui and Jojo prepare the droids for the ride, Vanta hops on the speeder and makes a test ride. He pushes the pedal to the metal and disappears like a flash*, then he’s back.

Purr1t0 is neutralized, but its status worries K10 a big deal (perhaps as much as it worries Bibingui). Being also a droid, K10 understands that finding the cause of droids going rampart is a pressing matter, especially after finding several rogues in so little time… So, K10 makes a quick check of their own systems, everything seems OK. Then they check the next available system, the speeder’s computer. Cautiously, K10 makes analyses the system, and discovers something quite interesting:

Connecting to the speeder’s navigation system forces a droid to shut-down and power on, forcing a cold-boot sequence. As the system powers on the droid, it also sends a chain of unauthenticated code that is executed from the boot instruction read-only memory. In conclusion, malicious code is loaded at startup; since this happens at the very first moment of boot, no security has been enabled, leaving almost all systems vulnerable to this exploit.

You are yet to discover how such a thing got there…

* You just happen to have an experience like this one, but without pursuers.
Old 01-30-2023, 05:12 AM   #276
PumpkinLorica

Bibingui is surprised with Vanta!!! “Vanta come back here!” However…Bibingui is very sad because of Purrito's situation and a bit worried about her gun, she decides that she will go pick her gun. She asks for Jojo's help, and K10’s. “ K10 can you take me on your speedbike?” , “Jojo we hardly know each other, I appreciate the help you offer me, but Jojo could also help me pick up my things”(she looks at him with a cute face) (⁎⁍̴̆Ɛ⁍̴̆⁎)
Old 02-01-2023, 01:35 PM   #277
FloggMunkies

K10 nods. "I have no problem driving you. I should inform you - be cautious connecting to any local computer systems. I've discovered malicious software on the bike's systems designed to bypass common security on droid brains. I suspect the same software was on the shuttle's system - your friend had interfaced with it, yes?"

K10 invites Bibingui to mount the speeder when ready and is prepared to fire up the repulsorlift (quite consciously using the controls for organic folk) to leave.

Last edited by FloggMunkies; 02-03-2023 at 11:45 PM.
FloggMunkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 06:11 PM   #278
PumpkinLorica

Bibingui makes sure she collects all her gear for transportation. She leaves purrito with Jojo. She feels a little better because her friends lent her a hand. She gets on the speeder with K10, and speaks to her fellow android “thank you, friend, let’s go!”
Old 02-11-2023, 11:20 AM   #279
SID

The group starts moving towards Nav’s Rest

The wind strokes your face, and your lungs fill with the smoke of burnt flesh and the vapors of smoldering buildings and starships alike. Flashing lights signal a nightmare still going on, a fight against the machines. The gate is partially open, the entrance consists of a vertical, mechanical barrier; black smoke coming from it hints it’s broken; it’s stuck half-way, at chest level of an average height human. Some people are trying to jump over it, some cannot and seemingly fall on their backs. There’s a dock for starships at Nav’s Rest, and now that you’re closer, you can see it standing tall, towering about the smoke, protected by a turret. There’s some fighting over there as well.

Now that you are very close, Vanta picks the following message:

430N
S.O.S.
15,000 lives at 430N
2~ hostile droids per every 3 people.
2/3~ lives evacuated.
1/3~ unknown.
S.O.S.

430N is nav’s rest designation number. Based on your experience, the area is under a partial lockdown… The whirring of unstable machinery fills the atmosphere, deep withing Nav’s rest await answers to questions yet unasked.
Old 02-12-2023, 03:28 PM   #280
vicious Violence

Ready up everyone, we are going to come in HOT, LZ is hot!

Vanta knows violence, and the air is filled with the stench of inevitability.

It seems 66.66666% of the droids are going haywired
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advantage of the week, cyberpunk, magic, martial arts, pbp, powers, sci fi, spaceships, star wars