Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-12-2010, 08:00 AM   #21
ErhnamDJ

Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totem View Post
The man shrugs. "Six to eight months of bitek enhancement, psychological engineering and training... Plus three months psych evaluation period for the Sentinel IVs prior to that to make sure that they were suitable for the work. Earlier versions of the program only went for genetic evaluation..."
Douglas smiles and nods through that. He understands something about months and training, so it must have been a metaphorical creation.

Quote:
"We've got one more to come, then we can get down to some proper introductions. The food should be over in a minute."
"Quite the group you got here already," Douglas says. He motions to the newcomer. "Nice hat."
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #22
KS Pathfinder

For his part, Mark-315 has remained remarkably silent throughout the explanation of his so-called metaphorical creation, obviously used to such things and having long since come to terms with it. But with his arms crossed across his chest and head lowered slightly, it’s obvious he’s deeply pondering the staggering ramifications of the answer to his last question.

The war is over, brought to a conclusion whilst he and Serena were lost in the multiverse, the Sentinel project shut down and transferred to some unknown place... What purpose does he serve now? What should he do? Where does this leave Serena and her limited lifespan of 7 years? And importantly, where is this Western Harbour?
KS Pathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:19 AM   #23
Talosian

Seann pushes the door open and steps in. He stands there for a moment, carefully examining the room. He is just shy of six feet tall, and looks to be about twenty-eight years old. His hair is black, and tied back into a tight and thin pony tail. Clad in jeans and a grey turtleneck shirt, he has a mismatched pair of gloves, with the left one looking distinctly heavier and larger. He sports a pair of slim black sunglasses, and a watch on his right wrist. He's carrying a large duffel bag by a metallic looking disk in his right hand.

He takes a careful look at the isolated table of people. An odd group to be sure, but none of them look immediately dangerous, so he heads over and pulls up a chair, setting his bag down next to him. "I'm here, so what is this about?" (IQ roll on Heightened perceptual awareness: 10) Attention gained, and curiosity piqued, Seann takes an extra moment to carefully look over the normally dressed fellow.

(Mind Block is up: 8)
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #24
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talosian View Post
(IQ roll on Heightened perceptual awareness: 10) Attention gained, and curiosity piqued, Seann takes an extra moment to carefully look over the normally dressed fellow.

(Mind Block is up: 8)
Seann notes the fact that the big guy sitting quietly staring at the table is hidden by some kind of illusion in some way. The normally dressed guy doesn't immediately look out of place, except for a sense that he's decidedly out of place here; there isn't anythign specific about him, just him himself.

There's also a sense that something else, not at this table, is out of place in this cafe, but it's too vague to tell.

Quote:
He takes a careful look at the isolated table of people. An odd group to be sure, but none of them look immediately dangerous, so he heads over and pulls up a chair, setting his bag down next to him. "I'm here, so what is this about?"
"Good to see you here," the man says. "Feel free to order something and we can get started."
Old 10-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #25
Talosian

(That's who I was referring to anyway, but that works.)

Seann nods and picks up a menu. He leafs through it for a moment. "Quaint," he mutters. He looks back up, "I'll just have tea, thanks." He leans back in his chair, and takes another look at the room in hyperspectral.
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #26
Totem

Quote:
(That's who I was referring to anyway, but that works.)

Seann nods and picks up a menu. He leafs through it for a moment. "Quaint," he mutters. He looks back up, "I'll just have tea, thanks." He leans back in his chair, and takes another look at the room in hyperspectral.
Outside of the table that he is sitting at Seann can't see anything unusual in the room through hyperspectral. At the table is a different matter; the big guy's armour is visible to anything except normal vision. Beyond that nothing appears to be out of place.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #27
Totem

As everyone's meals are served the man puts his book away in the bag by his feet, then pulls the bag up onto his lap and begins going through it. "Okay, where did I leave them..."

After a few seconds of searching he pulls out some document wallets and puts them on the table in front of him. "Okay, I've got files on each of you," he raises a hand to forstall any comments. "I haven't read them properly yet, and you lot don't know me, so some introductions are in order."

"My name's..." He trails off as he thinks of something. "This is going to sound like a meeting at Alcoholics Anonymous," he considers aloud. "Anyway, my name's Ben Foreman. I'm a world-jumper like all of you. I have in common with you," he points at Gabrielle, "that I'm a psionic, though a more powerful one. I have in common with you," he points at Mark, "that I've been made into a soldier. I have in common with, I believe, none of you that the circumstances that made me different were not of my own devising or free will. That does sometimes offer consolations though..."

He pauses and looks around the table. "Who's next?"

[OOC: Feel free to continue the conversations and observations. Once everyone has posted their introduction we can move onto the explanations.]
Old 10-12-2010, 01:25 PM   #28
ErhnamDJ

Douglas raises his hand. "I'll go next. I don't understand most of what you're saying, though. Alcoholics... anonymous?" He shakes his head. "Whatever. Name's Douglas Trask. Pleasure to meet y'all. Anyway, I think I'm a psionic. That means some kind of brain magic does my little trick, isn't that right? And I didn't choose to be this way. I was looking around at some cans. I thought they were food. Turned out they were full of some kind of... green stuff. Well, I thought they were in a tunnel. Turned out to be a machine. Grabbed hold of me and drilled into my brain. Pretty sure it pumped me full of that green stuff. Now I can move around to different worlds when I think hard enough about it. Makes me feel like I'm about to fall over when I do it, though. Moral of the story: when I think something, it usually turns out to be wrong. Now, I think you understand a little bit more about this than I do. How's 'at turn out?"
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:22 AM   #29
Dorin Thorha

"If you haven't heard of Indigo Joe, you should have. I'm the best treasure hunter in the known world."
Old 10-13-2010, 08:32 AM   #30
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
Anyway, I think I'm a psionic. That means some kind of brain magic does my little trick, isn't that right? And I didn't choose to be this way. I was looking around at some cans. I thought they were food. Turned out they were full of some kind of... green stuff. Well, I thought they were in a tunnel. Turned out to be a machine. Grabbed hold of me and drilled into my brain. Pretty sure it pumped me full of that green stuff. Now I can move around to different worlds when I think hard enough about it. Makes me feel like I'm about to fall over when I do it, though.[/COLOR]
"Point taken," Ben admits. "In my case though I have to say that it wasn't accidental; there was some cold-blooded deliberation that went into my creation..." He shrugs. "Like I said, there are consolations."

Tags
pbp, world-jumping, worlds of fire