Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 08-09-2022, 12:46 PM   #1
blazo

Default Munchkin Pathfinder 2 Gunslinger Grit Question

I was playing Munchkin Pathfinder deluxe edition with my newly added MP2 and an argument broke out between me and my friend who was playing the Gunslinger class. He fighting for the winning level and to boost himself up he used the Grit feature on the Gunslinger class, which reads:

"When you are fighting alone, you may discard two cards to gain a combat bonus equal to your level."

That's all fine and dandy, and when he was at level 9, he gained a +9 in accordance to the card. However, as we continued to add bonus' to the monster, he tried to use it again, discarding two additional cards from his sideways carried cards.

I objected, believing that the Grit ability should only be able to be used once, as I felt that giving yourself a +9 as many times as you want just by discarding two cards felt overpowered, but he argued as the card did not state it was only usable once per combat, he should be able to use it as many times as he wants.

Which of us is right? I could not find anyone with a similar dilemma anywhere on the forums.

Thanks!
blazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 02:42 PM   #2
Brf

Default Re: Munchkin Pathfinder 2 Gunslinger Grit Question

If it was meant to be be used multiple times per combat it would say something like: For each two cards discarded, gain your level in combat bonus.
It does not say that, so you can only use it once.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote