Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2021, 01:17 AM   #391
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Bain rests for a few minutes to recover from battle. Then he strips the fallen bandits from their equipment (with the help of the party), and positions the cart so it provides cover; he puts the fire out from a few sconces to make the corridor dark again (about half of it). Finally, he camouflages himself merging with the shadows, completely erasing his pressence*.

I will make watch.

Says Bain before "disappearing".

*critical success.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:55 AM   #392
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Looting the bandits yields 2 bows, 14 pistol crossbows, 16 small swords, 16 cloth armour (DR 1) sets, $700 in coins, and not much else. It seems their personal effects and extra equipment were left in their living quarters, or something.

The surviving bandit is still unconscious after all that time.
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:00 AM   #393
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Telrith compliments the earth elementals on their performance.



"As I told you, they struggle to injure you. Stonemaul, you did excellent work. Yes, you never actually attacked anyone, but you were key to our strategy. Yes, its strange how quickly humans move, but how soft and delicate we are. You knew that already, but now you've seen it."


"While you've still got that torch lit, I need you two to go into the room off of the mess and see if anyone is in it. The one with all of the beds. Just check and come right back. Yell if you see anyone. Understood?"



"Bain? Bain? where are you? I need to ask you about that weird fire!"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:54 AM   #394
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

COMRADES, IT IS TIME TO USE MY MEOWGICAL KNOWLEDGE TO HEAL YOU!

She tends her comradeís wounds and restores Vicís and Telrithís HP (to 10 HP and 9 HP, respectively). After this she casts watchdog and decides to rest behind the cart (since Bain is doing watch).
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗

Last edited by PumpkinLorica; 06-24-2021 at 10:34 AM.
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:46 AM   #395
vicious Violence
 
vicious Violence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: in your heart
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Telrith compliments the earth elementals on their performance.



"As I told you, they struggle to injure you. Stonemaul, you did excellent work. Yes, you never actually attacked anyone, but you were key to our strategy. Yes, its strange how quickly humans move, but how soft and delicate we are. You knew that already, but now you've seen it."


"While you've still got that torch lit, I need you two to go into the room off of the mess and see if anyone is in it. The one with all of the beds. Just check and come right back. Yell if you see anyone. Understood?"



"Bain? Bain? where are you? I need to ask you about that weird fire!"


As I told you, they did not struggle to injure you, and this why you HOLD THE LINE. Telrith, you did excellent work. Yes, you never actually attacked anyone, but you were key to our strategy. Great work holding the line and excellent work with the Stone Elementals. Next step is learning to hold the line while advancing. Thanks Stonemaul and Mudman, I hope you tell the other Elementals that you did the work of giants today, and it isnít even over yet!
Comrade Telrith, we MUST rest, lest our squishy wounds reopen.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 12:58 PM   #396
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

(OOC: How long do you all rest for?)
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:28 PM   #397
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

As Bain makes watch, music of his homeland plays in his head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
(OOC: How long do you all rest for?)
As Gathika pointed OOC, it should be 30 minutes, at least!
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:59 PM   #398
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Comrades, you have to REST. Bain is watching, so we are safe. Don't distract yourselves now; rest or I will have to punish you...
In the name of the Elders (^つωฅ^)☆
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗

Last edited by PumpkinLorica; 06-24-2021 at 09:36 PM.
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:20 PM   #399
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

The party manages to rest for 30 minutes.

When Vic inspects the door that was behind them, he sees that it is locked.

(OOC: Lockpicking -3)
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 12:14 AM   #400
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Bain comes back from the shadows and greets the party.

Hey there my friends, hope you had enough rest!
We should make a decision.


He is calling a meeting.

I find the amount of “rescued goods” already exceeds our cart’s capacity; so, it is time we leave some equipment behind (we should burn it) and take the rest with us. The heaviest goods are the armor sets which have the lowest price-weight ratio, so we might dump them.

I also think it is time to RTB.

We have conducted the investigation required by the officials; our “unit” has identified and neutralized mayor threats in “The Caves” (which amount to 41 enemy casualties, so far) and we have secured a prisoner for them.

By the way, we also have to find a way to take the prisoner with us. I suggest we make a sledge using a piece of wood from the bunks or the tables in the other rooms. Could you do it Vicious?

So, we have to vote and decide whether we RTB or do a combat jack and stay here. What do you want to do?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.