Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-23-2021, 06:27 AM   #31
Anders

Default Re: Swordmage build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
My first impulse was Imbuements, actually, but I'm not sure how Anders would react to that suggestion. Throwing it out there as a possibility, tho.
Imbuements will be part of the power-set, and I think "swords only" is another -40% or something like that. But I also want to be able to have the sword do things that Imbuements don't include, like shooting energy blasts.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:57 AM   #32
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
(I can't think of an adverb that starts with an "s" which isn't insulting, though.)
Super?
So?
Shockingly?
Smartly?
Simply? (bit redundant but...)
Sorta?
Somewhat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Imbuements will be part of the power-set, and I think "swords only" is another -40% or something like that. But I also want to be able to have the sword do things that Imbuements don't include, like shooting energy blasts.
I think that's doable with Imbuements, given I believe there's an Imbuement that makes a melee attack Ranged, but that might get expensive if you want to require it to be combined with an imbuement that, say, transmutes your attack to deal burning damage (just having an Innate Attack that originates from the sword is likely cheaper). And if you want to cast status effects through your sword, I'm pretty certain Imbuements can't manage that.
Old 02-23-2021, 03:50 PM   #33
maximara
On Notice

I had a thought. How about Weapon Master (one weapon) with an accessibility limitation?
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 02:31 AM   #34
Anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximara View Post
I had a thought. How about Weapon Master (one weapon) with an accessibility limitation?
I've been thinking about that, yes.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:32 AM   #35
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximara View Post
Weapon Master essentially already has a built in Requires Weapon -10% Limitation, so you'd use the difference between that and whatever you've decided for "Requires Ritually-bound Weapon." If the latter is -20%, it's only -10% on Weapon Master. Arguably, the same should be applied if you are using Gadget Limitations, but that's a bit hairier.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:35 AM   #36
AlexanderHowl

I would think the 'Ritually-Bound Weaponry' would just be a category one less common than normal weapons, so it would follow the standard pricing scheme. For example, any muscle-powered weapon is 45 CP so any ritually-bound muscle-powered weapon would be 40 CP.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:59 AM   #37
Anders

That's a good point. And then 15 points for the lowest level?
Old 02-24-2021, 06:27 PM   #38
AlexanderHowl

No, it is a minimum of 20 CP (a specific type of weapon). You could have two different types of ritually bound weapons for 20 CP though.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:23 AM   #39
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
No, it is a minimum of 20 CP (a specific type of weapon). You could have two different types of ritually bound weapons for 20 CP though.
Eh, I'd say if "Item must be ritually-bound" is good enough for [-5] to the cost for all higher categories, it's good enough for [-5] to the cost of the One Weapon category as well.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:09 AM   #40
Anders

Or maybe that is where the -10% for "needs specially dedicated sword" kicks in, so it's 18 points.

Tags
limitations