Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 03-30-2017, 10:26 AM   #1521
Bruno

Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Beckenstein View Post
Some questions come up with this.

1) Maybe there is a collector who really wants or need this coin?

2) If yes, what could be his motives?
People want things out of pure iwantit. As an art piece it's certainly unique, and if you're into numastics that's some extra cool factor.

Now, needing it is another, very interesting, suggestion. I like the idea of needing a sympathetic link to the Canadian economy for a large ritual to improve things >.> but it could just be for a titanic symbolism bonus for a general old "get me money" ritual.

Going back to my article on paying the jungle spirits... who would you have to pay with THAT? For WHAT?
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:09 AM   #1522
Flyndaran
Untagged

Since the original "light" appeasement ceremony involved coca leaves, alcohol and tobacco, maybe the ransom involved harder stuff. And I assumed the whole thing was like Loa, where the priests were "ridden" by the spirits in order to indulge in such vices.

No, seriously, we must party HARDER than we've ever partied before. It's all altruistic and the only way we can save him.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:15 AM   #1523
Dr. Beckenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
People want things out of pure iwantit. As an art piece it's certainly unique, and if you're into numastics that's some extra cool factor.
As Magica de Spell wanted Scrooge McDucks first penny. She needed it for a ritual that would make her the richest person in the world.

Quote:
Now, needing it is another, very interesting, suggestion. I like the idea of needing a sympathetic link to the Canadian economy for a large ritual to improve things >.> but it could just be for a titanic symbolism bonus for a general old "get me money" ritual.
May somewhere there is a really huge vending machine ...
Dr. Beckenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:21 AM   #1524
Flyndaran
Untagged

Scrooge had a lucky dime.
I loved that episode where even though he was mind controlled at the time, the mega-lucky duck's theft of said dime counted to reverse his good luck.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:55 PM   #1525
Anaraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
. I like the idea of needing a sympathetic link to the Canadian economy for a large ritual
Tim Horton, donutthamaturgist, explained at last.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:57 AM   #1526
Dr. Beckenstein

An update: The German Police ask people to report if somebody offers them "larger amount of gold in unusual form".
Dr. Beckenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:05 PM   #1527
Anders

9-foot alligator found tied to tree.

Is this some weird Floridian variant of cow-tipping?
Old 03-31-2017, 02:00 PM   #1528
Anaraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Beckenstein View Post
The German Police ask people to report if somebody offers them "larger amount of gold in unusual form".
What are the usual amounts and forms of gold that Germans just randomly offer each other? And while I'm asking, exactly where in Germany are these generous offerors? Maybe I could use a vacation.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:27 PM   #1529
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
What are the usual amounts and forms of gold that Germans just randomly offer each other? And while I'm asking, exactly where in Germany are these generous offerors? Maybe I could use a vacation.
The usual form of gold offered is jewelry being pawned, or bullion with legitimate serial numbers being sold by licensed traders on exchanges. Unusual forms would be huge lumps or blank bullion.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:44 AM   #1530
ak_aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
The usual form of gold offered is jewelry being pawned, or bullion with legitimate serial numbers being sold by licensed traders on exchanges. Unusual forms would be huge lumps or blank bullion.
depends upon where one is... in barrow and nome, no one thinks twice about unstamped bars; they're only mildly uncommon in Anchorage. Several gold miners melt down the gold dust into bars pre-assay...
ak_aramis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blueberry muffin, fermi paradox