Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 06-25-2007, 03:43 AM   #1
Blood Legend

Default Memorable Quotes.

This thread is a humor thread like "2000 things" or "famous last words" except different.

What memorable quotes have you or your friends created, and what event were they tied to at that moment?

My latest adventure involved being stuck on a space craft. A frigate comparably not well suited for combat. The enemy ship was roughly the same size as ours. Except it had Particle Beams, godly anti-missile capability, and a shield that could take a nuke. My ship was of course, packed with missiles. After 2 volleys from 2 frigates, in roughly the #40's range worth of missiles, it was reported that only 5 made it through, and that the shield had barely flickered while the rest of the missiles were taken out in a quick flash of light from the particle beams.

I was on deck, commanding the frigate Lawson. The Communcations officer turns to me with a recommended course of action. I reply:

"Quick, call fleet command, we've got a GM's wet dream on our hands!"

"This is the sort of relatively small error that destroys planetary probes." ~Bruno

Last edited by Blood Legend; 05-07-2020 at 08:58 PM.
Blood Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:47 AM   #2
whswhs

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Legend
What memorable quotes have you or your friends created, and what event where they tied to at that moment?
"You mean I can't shoot my own prisoner in my own studio with my own gun?"

Bill Stoddard
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:51 AM   #3
GhostInTheMachine

PC1: "I'll throw a surgeons tool at him(PC2)."
GM: "You start to pick up a rusty scalpel from the table..."
PC1&2: "NO!"

~PC 1 in the process of finding PC 2 who is trapped in-between dimensions in an odd cadaver drawer in a morgue of an insane asylum abandoned in the middle of the Vermont woods 2 days from civilization.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:05 AM   #4
Redcrow

The characters in our Shadowrun group are invited to a private dinner by a (suspicious) new contact. As paranoia was abundant among this particular group the dinner began something like this...

PC 1(Mage): I Astrally Perceive the food.
GM: Its magically delicious!
Redcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:35 AM   #5
Bruno

While infiltrating the Temple of Elemental Evil, a rogue backstabs an NPC for a one-hit-one-kill. The DM described an absolutely goary scene that resulted in most of the party being sprayed with blood.

The body was hid, and we continued into the Temple, but were stopped by a patrol of guards (who were far more capable of dealing with us than one unsuspecting NPC)...

Before they had a chance to say anything, one player quips: "Oh, sorry about the blood on the carpet. We just got back from the human sacrifice."

I've had players in a modern game carry medieval weapons onto public transit, and when challenged they said "Well of course it's an axe. We're on our way to a LARP."

I'm sure there are more, but I can't remember them right now. I'll get back to you when they come to mind.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:39 PM   #6
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

"I pull the pin and throw the ewok!"

PC1: "Ninjas? Bah! Ninjas are a dime a dozen!"
PC2: "Then somebody went and spent about 20 bucks!"

Upon witnessing Jessica getting smacked and her uncontrolled change into a flock of 33 ravens:
Me: "I can't heal birds!"

Me: "Oh, no. We're not here to protect them. We're here to protect you from them."
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:47 PM   #7
Furabo

Just an old staple: "Kill it before it multiplies!"

Then there is an example of miscommunication at the role-playing table:

The paladin is welcomed by the princess.

GM--in role as excitable young princess: "Be at ease, sir knight! Please--take off your helmet!"

Player--Out of Character: "It is off."

GM--Out of Character: "Oh."

Of course, the other players preferred their interpretation of the scene:

Princess (excited and pleased): "Be at ease, sir knight! Please--take off your helmet!"

Paladin: "It is off."

Princess (disappointed): "Oh."
Furabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:54 PM   #8
sgtcallistan

After a natural 20 mailed backfist to the 'nads, the villain was hauled out and over the knights' horse. As the villain's mercenaries boiled out of the guardhouse, the knight shouts:
'This man pays your wages! One step closer and he dies!'
-as they thought about it, we took off on horseback and escaped with the villain. Later found the mercs ransacked the castle and dispersed. Victory all round, the GM dropped ten pages of a fight and pursuit scenario in the waste paper basket in protest.

Then there was the time the whole party were hit with a confuse spell, or some hallucinogenic effect, I forget.
Party: 'Uhhh...'
Squeaky voice from nowhere: 'Candyfloss, sir?'
All: 'Oh, thank you...' (Geek points to be won!)
sgtcallistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:37 PM   #9
Blood Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furabo
Of course, the other players preferred their interpretation of the scene:

Princess (excited and pleased): "Be at ease, sir knight! Please--take off your helmet!"

Paladin: "It is off."

Princess (disappointed): "Oh."
I saw that coming a mile away, but it's still funny as hell.

"This is the sort of relatively small error that destroys planetary probes." ~Bruno
Blood Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:58 PM   #10
KevinJ

I was in an 'evil' campaign and we had just entered the throne room of the BBEG. This was a large room with a pillar of rock surrounded by a chasm of fire and a single narrow bridge leading to the throne.

I was at the head of the party (1E AD&D, LN 10/10 F/A) and when I saw the situation I knelt and in a loud voice said, "My liege! I have brought you this gift!"

The other players all looked at me and their jaws dropped. The BBEG then motioned me to rise and invited me to stand by his side, which I did. This allowed me to cross the bridge without incident.

The BBEG then gave his dramatic speech of how he was going to end the PCs lives in gruesome ways at which point the BBEG stood and took a step forward, whereupon I backstabbed him for outrageous damage.

I had a heck of a time getting the other players to believe that I wasn't one of his minions after that. But what did I care, I was going to end all their lives eventually anyway and collect the assorted bounties.

Tags
actual play, funny