Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 09-17-2010, 01:10 AM   #651
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by mook View Post
So I downloaded DAZ. Installed it. Downloaded and installed all of the currently offered free models. Booted it up ... and remembered, "Oh yeah, I have no graphically artistic talent beyond stick figures."

Was fun posing the little virtual figures for a few minutes, but yeah - might as well read an algebra book to a dog. I'll leave art to the professionals (and semi-professionals, and amateurs).
Totally not true! I have slightly less artistic talent than Uwe Boll . . . was that a cheap shot? Sorry. I have no, real, artistic talent, but, with time and practice, I'm starting to get better.

Bruno, here is an example of using d-formers to add dents to a shield.

The dwarf looks good. I'm also using that outfit for an NSFW picture.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:28 AM   #652
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Mark, when you get your NSFW stuff on a webserver, end me a link k? I'm intrigued.
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #653
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Bah, amateur. If you're willing to use binary you can count from 1 to 1023 on your fingers.
Oh, well, point. But no one taught me binary when I was in school. *sniffle*
Old 09-17-2010, 03:38 PM   #654
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post

I had to teach myself about non-decimal bases – and also about modular arithmetic, irrational numbers, imaginary numbers, infinity, and lots of other things – from books in 5th Grade. The teachers weren't into it at that point. You have a unique opportunity to instruct your kid in this stuff, though!
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #655
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
Hm. I don't remember where I learned that trick. Not that it's terribly convenient for normal purposes, numbers like 8 (assuming your thumb is 1) aren't really ways your hand wants to be open.
Anthony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:03 PM   #656
aesir23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
Here’s our IST New York Alpha Team for 2010.
Do you have any of their character sheets posted? I'm all sorts of curious as to what sorts of powers Pink has.
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #657
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesir23 View Post
Do you have any of their character sheets posted? I'm all sorts of curious as to what sorts of powers Pink has.
And so is Robert M. Schroeck. But I'll let the two of you talk directly...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:57 PM   #658
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
You have a unique opportunity to instruct your kid in this stuff, though!
Oh, her dad will do that! I've let my Mathematics skills decay, in favor of putting points into Writing. And Expert Skill: Mommy. >_>
Old 09-18-2010, 12:50 AM   #659
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
And so is Robert M. Schroeck. But I'll let the two of you talk directly...
I'll have to post there when I get some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesir23 View Post
I do not. Pink's character sheet isn't quite family friendly. It's got a few things on it that point to my forum title. I'll check with the other players and see if they're okay with me releasing their character information. We also use Multipicitive Modifiers (let that sink in when you see how many points IST Pink is).

Pink's an integral part of an over-arching story that's currently running through five of my games.

Many worlds have a Pink. When two Pink's meet, they combine and their powers increase. Unfortunately for the new, composite Pink, her memories are erased and she's sent to a different, Pink-less world, where she begins life, anew, as Stephanie Aldermain.

Stephanie is a cute, but otherwise non-descript portly girl (she's usually in the 4'8"-5' range and 125-145 lbs). The most notworthy thing about her is that she develops unluck when she turns twelve. Obviously, most get their powers activated when they're in their early teens, but there have been a few who have made it into their thirties and have children of their own.

When they die their violent death, they transform into Pink. They keep their existing knowledge and personality, they just get a new, nearly indestructible, body and powers. Oh, and they always look like that. So, that 33-year old woman who died in a bus accident with the gas tanker, charcoal truck, and that van selling fireworks . . . suddenly turned into a teenager again.

The IST version of Pink is currently sitting at a whopping 10,000 Cosmically-powered points (hence why she's at IST New York, Argurous wouldn't let someone that powerful, and young, out of her sight!). She's pretty much a Superman-type paragon character (insane ST, DR and some ranged attacks to make naval strike forces cry). She's part of the team, but in a "go over there and keep that invasion force busy while we track down the mastermind and deal with him" sort of way.

On the other hand, she's only got an 11 IQ, a 12 Will and +3 versus mind-affecting powers.

It works okay since IST New York's Alpha Team is anti-terrorism. Pink's not subtle. So she keeps everyone's attention while the people with the relevant powers and skills get to do their jobs. Another part of the fun is the social angle of dealing with an insanely powerful teen age girl who is an insatiable flirt and is still learning to deal with her emotions and powers.

The picture is from them seeing a strike force of Praetorians (think Marvel's Sentinels, only much less interested in cordial relaitonships with powered beings) dimensionally hopping into Central Park, chasing another party from a different game. The situation progressed with Pink flying over and beating the giant robots into scrap (discovering that they explode if they're seriously damaged) while the team tracked down the other party.

Pinks are in two of the other four games. One is sitting at just over 2,000 points and another is at 5,000. The 5k character has been getting her butt handed to her because she won't accept failure and keeps getting in too deep.

Think about that for a minute.

Last edited by Mark Skarr; 09-18-2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Used wrong version of "to."
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:05 AM   #660
aesir23

Thanks for the explanation, Mark.
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
art