Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Old 04-02-2021, 12:47 PM   #21
Anders

Default Re: Greetings from China in the 21st century

MAKIMAKI... are GURPS Lite and GURPS Ultra-Lite translated to Chinese? Otherwise that would maybe be a good project.
Old 04-02-2021, 02:58 PM   #22
SolemnGolem

For your gaming group, are all the players in one city physically near each other? Or do you use online methods to play virtually?

I wonder if QQ or Weixin have additional features that could allow for a simulation of tabletop playing.
SolemnGolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:02 PM   #23
MAKIMAKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
MAKIMAKI... are GURPS Lite and GURPS Ultra-Lite translated to Chinese? Otherwise that would maybe be a good project.
If SJG has this intention, I think it is the best choice to cooperate with a suitable agent. After applying for the book publication number, it can be officially published. In China, TRPG has no way to apply for patents, but can apply for patents for cover, visual design, etc. (I don't think the contents of GURPS lite and GURPS Ultra Lite as a rule book will touch the Chinese law.)

Take the 2017 FATE core rules as an example, they found an offline board game studio for crowdfunding sales. From March to may, it won the support of 493 people and crowdfunding 215930.76 yuan.

If it is to cooperate with a larger agent, it is to sell the agency right directly and get the agency fee.

Last edited by MAKIMAKI; 04-03-2021 at 03:52 AM.
MAKIMAKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:05 PM   #24
MAKIMAKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolemnGolem View Post
For your gaming group, are all the players in one city physically near each other? Or do you use online methods to play virtually?

I wonder if QQ or Weixin have additional features that could allow for a simulation of tabletop playing.
Now we mainly play online games through QQ, and most offline people will play COC and DND (because models and rules books have been published and sold in China)
Old 04-04-2021, 07:46 PM   #25
MAKIMAKI

Please recommend some official or unofficial scripts to me, such as caravan to ein arris, Singapore Sling.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:56 AM   #26
Anders

GURPS 1-shot adventures.

Great resource.

Last edited by Anders; 04-05-2021 at 12:35 PM.
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 04:06 PM   #27
Buzzardo

The various Fantasy Trip adventures should be easily convertible to GURPS. GURPS came from the system behind the Fantasy Trip way back when, so the stats are parallel (not identical, but easy enough to convert).

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:14 PM   #28
SolemnGolem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKIMAKI View Post
Please recommend some official or unofficial scripts to me, such as caravan to ein arris, Singapore Sling.
Here is the official list of GURPS Adventures according to SJGames. However, it's a little out of date. For example, Dungeon Fantasy Adventures 3 (published August 2020) is not listed. It also lists adventures outside of Dungeon Fantasy, so two other Transhuman Space adventures are there too besides Singapore Sling.

Besides those books, which were dedicated to adventures, you can also find some very good adventures in the issues of Pyramid Vol. 3, available at this site's store. Some of the adventures are from very different types of genres - one of my favorites was a modern-day international police investigation into organ theft and slavery, called Black Gemini, which was in Pyramid Vol. 3 Issue 112. Another quirky title in the modern lineup is Operation Endgame, which was published shortly after the fall of the USSR and features some post-Cold War era adventures in the former USSR and in 1990s China. The full list of Pyramid Vol. 3 articles (titles only) is here.

The GURPS Fandom Wiki has more up to date lists of available books by genre (see Dungeon Fantasy or Monster Hunters, for example).
SolemnGolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:45 PM   #29
Buzzardo

Good work, Solemn Golem. I have a definite bent toward fantasy. It's good to see adventures for other genres. :)

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:23 PM   #30
MAKIMAKI

Thank for your help. My friends and I are very concerned about the activities tomorrow (or the day after tomorrow). We will be very happy if the content is related to this post.