Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2021, 05:17 AM   #1
scc

Default Stats For Students

So two potential campaigns that are vying for attention in my brain at the moment involve the characters being students.

The first is a Harry Potter style magic school, with the characters being 12 years old, the other is running Virtual Mekton (Fan setting for Mekton about kids playing an arcade game) using GURPS.

So there are some pretty common question for these:

How high or low can Attributes go? I'm thinking not more then one or two levels, and maybe no more then a single increase for the first.

Skills? Again I'm thinking no more then one or two points. For the second case what skills would be needed by a schoolboy or -girl to operate a Mech in VR? I'm thinking these would be easy skills and possibly capped by Computer Operation. What skills should I even allow at starting?

Now in the first case Magery is mandatory, and Ally comes up if/when the character acquire Familiars, but beyond those two, for either of these settings, are there any Advantages that seem like they should be on the list of those available? Should I even allow Advantages?

Disadvantages are in the same boat as the above, should I even allow them?
scc is offline   Reply With Quote