Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
Zorian

Default System for manageing organizations

I thought about putting this in the GURPS forum but decided it was better to put it here.

A friend of mine is running a game in Ebberon setting for 3.5 D&D. One thing lead to another and now the PCs are ,while still adventuring, now the board of a organization that has a decent amount of resources and is starting to fund adventurer groups. They have some contact with certain groups that give them jobs, and a map that shows them some "lost" areas. He wants a system for ranking agents/adventurer parties for various skill sets (i.e. stealth, combat, magic, knowledge, social...) so the PCs can decide what groups to send on what missions.
That's the easy part. He also wants a hard and fast system for determining success/failure based off of those ranking and what they would be going against. He also wants method for determining resources used up (not to the arrows used lvl but to the one shot magic items lvl) and any permanent damage that they may get.
Also he wants this to be general enough that you can use it in a swords and sorcery game or a modern gothic horror or hard Sci Fi setting using any game system. So "permanent" injury could be loss of a hand in GURPS (or other system that does that lvl of detail) or permanent ability damage in D&D.

Has anyone actually done this before? And if so can we have a copy? Or at least some help?
Zorian is offline   Reply With Quote